• "The Musical Quil"

IllumiNations: Why can't I care?

I've seen IllumiNations Reflections of Earth now 2xs in person and numerous times online (hoping another vantage point would help) but I just can't seem to get into it. I love EPCOT, it's my favorite park in WDW. I especially love World Showcase. It's a feast for the eyes (and palet!) WS = Beautiful!

IllumiNations seems to drag on, it feels slow and dated. (Dated being the least of my worries) Don't get me wrong, I'm a SUCKER for the other nighttime offerings on property.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to like it. In fact I want to LOVE it!

Why do you like it and WHY? Help me understand. LOL!
    DJ JARVICIOUS
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

• Suspended

Re: IllumiNations: Why can't I care?

It is a great show! The music is inspiring, the fireworks are amazing, the special effects are spectacular. Really the best show Disney has ever produced. It combines the great firework spectaculars of Magic Kingdom with the great story and interesting visuals of Fantasmic! It is such a large scale that it is impressive.

• WDW will always be home.

I love Illuminations - primarily for the music and storytelling. In that regard, it's stellar.

The effects really need to be updated though (HD screens on the globe, World of Color-esque water effects for starters) and it does drag at times. Honestly I think if they updated those effects, that would go a long way towards helping the pacing - people would be more engaged by the fountains when there weren't any fireworks, and they'd be more interested in the globe because they'd actually be able to see what it's showing.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

With the exception of the Holiday finale, I am really not blown away by the show anymore.

It is time for enhancements.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

The show DOES need just a little sprucing up other than that it's still a fantastic show that I enjoy everytime I watch, just wish they would spruce up the effects a bit...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Frozen Margaritas at the Mexico Pavilion make everything a little more magical!