Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

All Around WDW Update

Okay, it's been a while since I've done one of these...

Magic Kingdom...
    Holy crap. You take a pic with no flash on Timekeeper and this crazy Cast Member Adam comes up and verbally attacks you. "I said NO FLASH-PHOTOGRAPHY!!!!!!" Yup, that's why I didn't use a flash. Idiot. Anyway, to put it short, my last experience on Timekeeper wasn't a pleasant one, thanks to Adam. So if anyone sees Adam in Tomorrowland, please punch him. Thanks. Onward...

The park in general has been getting some much needed fixins. I noticed a lot of new pavement and repairs to cracks in sidewalks. Finally it's being repaired, but they've let it go so long, there are still cracks everywhere that still need fixin'. At least it's a start. And speaking of cracks, I noticed many cracks on Main Street... in the buildings. Not just the paint mind you, but the buildings themselves. Even on the support beams outside the Emporium, every single one had a crack at the same spot... something's up there. Anyway...

VMK no longer does tours. They stopped the tours in Early December. So, no more free VMK tours. I'm glad I got on mine in November.

Disney did a sale right over Christmas time this year... all Disney Character Christmas was 30% off. Not a standard thing for marketing to do...

Tinker Bell was given a sexy facelift this year for the holidays, wearing... well, this red santa nightgown. Sooooo cute! Though she almost looks Jessica Rabbit-ish...

Tomorrowland has issues. First, the TTA still refers to the Prision as the Convention Center. Evidently the only place the marketing for Stitch SHOULD have been got entirely looked over by marketing. I swear, they're idiots...

Space Mountain's graffiti was removed Christmas week. The graffiti had been there for the entire month of December, and well into November. If you visited, you might remember it as you walked into Space Mountain, people had etched names and some "choice phrases" into the photos displaying the different solar systems. They were finally removed and replaced just before New Year's.

The Indy Speedway needs to be torn down. It is not in good shape at all.

The power generator thing on Stitch's Great Escape still doesn't work. What does it take to get a fully working Tomorrowland, I ask you? Oh wait, if you're from Disneyland, you know what it takes. Ha!

Mickey's Toontown Fair is showing some wear and tear on the interactive stuff. And the entire land needs some paint. Rehab!!!!

Fantasyland was in good condition all around. I also noticed that it would be rather easy to convert each attraction to have it's own custom facade and ditch the medieval fair concept. I know there was a rumor that said it can't be done in Florida because of the Utilidoors. I found some evidence that would say otherwise.

Liberty Square is Liberty Square. Not much has changed. If you haven't noticed it before, the Phantom Manor track plays outside the Haunted Mansion now, and the Mansion got some exterior lighting upgrades. Mr. Toad is still dead. The Mansion's soundtrack in the graveyard is very out of sync. It sounds awful. The singing busts sing one line when the ghosts are singing another and it just sounds like... well, I don't know what. lol

In Frontierland not much is new. I had my first VIP tour of Splash Mountain though, AKA the ride broke down and I was taken out the back way. Nice service area. Heh. Oh, hopping Brer Rabbit was working all week... until the 1st when it stopped working again. Bah.

In Adventureland I found out that you can take food on the Jungle Cruise. But not in the Tiki Room. Go figure. Also, if William is around, ask to ride on his cruise. He's the best skipper around. (IMO) And the worst skipper around is this Spanish guy... well, he may not be from Spain, but he spoke Spanish. He's not very good at all though. Can't remember his name for the life of me though. I think it started with F.

Not much else to say really for MK. Oh, the New Year's Eve fireworks on the 30th were awesome. I have a video of the whole show.

Epcot...

Look, it's not that I don't like being attacked by a snake-like creature, it's just...

Sorry there, couldn't help myself. What is, who is it? Bahhhh. Ellen has melted my brain!!!

The Living Seas... what is next you ask? Well, expect a name change to Disney's Living Seas when the ride opens next year. Yeah, I said next year. It's gonna be a while. Though they said they were still going to try for October, but they're so far behind, it's doubtful. Anyway, something no one reported... A new soundtrack has replaced the old one at the Living Seas. As I said a long time ago, it is indeed from the film, Finding Nemo. What I didn't say is that it's been remixed with lots of stuff that I don't remember from the film. But it's def there. Even the Beyond The Sea performed by Robbie Williams is played once in a while there.

Turtle Talk went through some changes, and it's much better now. No more Dory asking you about your fav. food. I think it's actually Ellen now for Dory in Turtle Talk.

At the Land, Sunshine Seasons has started this insane thing of closing early when there's not many people around. They need to stick to the published hours. Closing early just because there aren't as many guests is SOOOO not Disney. Also, Soarin's film was dirty. Like, a big piece of dirt was in the projector and kept appearing on the film.

Nothing is new anywhere else, the fireworks were good, and the holiday entertainment was excellent. Also, check out the Lights of Winter this week if you get to Epcot. You just might notice something different.

At the Disney-MGM Studios...

The Spectale of Lights is amazing. NYE was freakin' awesome! Not much to report really. The fireworks were smokey because the wind was going the wrong way. I got them on videotape though. Same show as last year.

At Animal Kingdom...

Festival of the Lion King no longer has the original cast. It's been that way for a while now, I just don't know when it changed. Oh well. The new guys aren't as good as the originals, but they're pretty close!

Everest's outside is done. That's all there is to it. No crane, no scaffolding, nothing. The only work that remains to be done is on the inside and tech stuff on the outside.

A new DVC booth and a Tea shop opened in Asia at the Crossroad where you turn towards Kali. Looked nice, but I didn't try any.

The chasing Carnator in DINOSAUR is not chasing. He just stays in the out and open position and doesn't chase you. Not as intense.

Okay, that's enough for now. If I remember anything else, I'll let ya know.

• Closed Account

Re: All Around WDW Update

Jeez! First the Carnotaur was gone and now its not chasing! Will they EVER fix it right? I hope they dont leave it just 'there'.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Thanks for the updates and the observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Tomorrowland has issues. First, the TTA still refers to the Prision as the Convention Center. Evidently the only place the marketing for Stitch SHOULD have been got entirely looked over by marketing. I swear, they're idiots...
    Ha that's one of the few things that brings a smile to my face in Tomorrowland anymore. But you are exactly right that this is the one place that Stitch marketing SHOULD have been and it's not there.

The chasing Carnator in DINOSAUR is not chasing. He just stays in the out and open position and doesn't chase you. Not as intense.
    I noticed that a few weeks ago. Definitely not as good and this is something that needs to be fixed ASAP.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Thanks for hte updates Bill!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

So if anyone sees Adam in Tomorrowland, please punch him. Thanks. Onward...
    Hmm, very nice.

VMK no longer does tours. They stopped the tours in Early December. So, no more free VMK tours. I'm glad I got on mine in November.
    !!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! DAMMIT!!! The one time on vacation I was beat tired and went back for an afternoon nap we missed the last VMK tour of the day on our last day. Now I wont get to go on it. !!! AAAHHH!.

Yes but at this point that has become one of those great things and tributes. All the duggles hear it and think "what?" (but the would if it was a convention center or not). It's just a little Tomorrowland place at this point. It doesn't have to relate to the attraction it is at.

Space Mountain's graffiti was removed Christmas week. The graffiti had been there for the entire month of December, and well into November.
    And Hallowween weekend.

I found some evidence that would say otherwise.
    Such as?
    Wait...why couldn't they attach it? What are the rumors saying they couldn't do foundations or something?

At the Land, Sunshine Seasons has started this insane thing of closing early when there's not many people around. They need to stick to the published hours.
    Well as an American who likes American food and isn't happy with the new ethnic menu this doesnt upset me.

Everest's outside is done. That's all there is to it. No crane, no scaffolding, nothing. The only work that remains to be done is on the inside and tech stuff on the outside.
    And for all of us to go ride it.

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for the info

Bill, thanks for the update. Keep 'em coming. Just be careful, you keep pointing out all the things that are obviously wrong at WDW and you'll start to be called a hater ... you know, like me (INSERT SMILIE).

I'm already looking forward to seeing the World for the first time in '06, next week!!

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

tehe, Bill is cute
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Disney did a sale right over Christmas time this year... all Disney Character Christmas was 30% off. Not a standard thing for marketing to do...
    I hope it's there tomorrow. I was there Dec 18 and they only had stuff for christmas trees on sale.

• Banned User

The sale ended on December 31, 2005. There is no longer any sale. Sorry.

FantasmicFanatic, I know the producer of Fantasmic... that's why I am always wearing that hat.

(Oh, the New Year's Eve fireworks on the 30th were awesome. I have a video of the whole show.)

Bill, do you think we can see the video????

Thanks,
    jrh1985

• Banned User

ha ha ha... yup, as soon as i get it edited and hosted.

• Banned User

"Countdown to Extintion" (can't bring myself to call it by that lame name DinoSOUR) lost it big time when they turned off the fire sparks in the transitional Time travel tunnel scenes... And why is the pterodactyl no longer flying overhead in pendelum type motion?? That broke about 4 yrs ago and still not fixed.

• meganmegaphone

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    "Countdown to Extintion" (can't bring myself to call it by that lame name DinoSOUR) lost it big time when they turned off the fire sparks in the transitional Time travel tunnel scenes... And why is the pterodactyl no longer flying overhead in pendelum type motion?? That broke about 4 yrs ago and still not fixed.
    Argh... I'm seeing a patern here... I thought it was Disneyland that always had things break and saw them work again...

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast