lost world showcase country locations

Hi all. I just reading an interesting yesterland article about planned counties for world showcase including Spain, Israel, Russia, Iran & Africa and I wondered if anyone knew where on the lagoon they were supposed to be?

Africa I guess would have been at the location of the outpost but what about the others?

• Musical Fireman

Re: lost world showcase country locations

I think some of these locations were the original ideas considered for the opening in 1982 before they chose the ones we have today. I think most of these were not built purely because of politics most notable Russia since when the pavilion was still considered it was still the Cold War and we were at odds with the Soviet Union which of course included Russia.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Mr Test Track

This is the map of the World Showcase with all of the spots of space for another pavilions.

Either 2 or 3 would have been Africa, 6 would have been Spain, Soviet Union pavilion was planned in the 90's (after the Africa was cancelled) was supposed to be on 2 or 3, I think 4 would have been Switzerland, and I am not sure about Iran and Israel.
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• Minion

@PerrySimon, 8 is now the world showplace event center so thats out, 7 is also infringed upon by that and the back of the international gateway giftshop, 4 has several permanent structures now located on it such as cast member and candlelight procesional areas as well as the very popular german miniature train area in front of it, and 1 has very little space for a country so if something were to be ut there it would be rather small. that leaves essentially 4 and a half feasible places to have a country. if we were going to chose, my votes would go to Spain, Russia, Brazil, South Africa, and Oceania getting the half location.

Quote Originally Posted by PerrySimon View Post
    This is the map of the World Showcase with all of the spots of space for another pavilions.

Either 2 or 3 would have been Africa, 6 would have been Spain, Soviet Union pavilion was planned in the 90's (after the Africa was cancelled) was supposed to be on 2 or 3, I think 4 would have been Switzerland, and I am not sure about Iran and Israel.
    No. 1 was going to be Denmark, 2 was going to be Spain, 3 was going to be Equatorial Africa, U.A.E. was also being planned but not sure where.

• Mr Test Track

I didnt make this map, I just found it for a representation for what I think the original plans were supposed to be.

Here's a link to the article all about the planned concepts from Walt Dated World- this is an awesome website for info on past and unbuilt Disney attractions!

Epcot: World Showcase

Interesting, thanks guys. From the map it makes me wonder if the original build out plan was to group counties I. Geographical areas like Germany, Switzerland, Italy for an alpine area, Morocco \ Spain, Norway/Denmark and France / UK.

Perhaps if this had been done World Showcase would have looked like the pans for Westcot