Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Moderate Resort Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by erick13
    A couple of things to remember about the Coronado. There is a 10% surcharge for the food court as stated above not 6%.
    Eh 6%, 10%...too much when I want a basket of chicken strips that I don't have to carry back to my room.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My ALL time FAVORITE resort is Port Orleans French Quarter.
    We always stay there every time we go for many reasons.

1. Its intimate, you don't have to walk very far to get anywhere.
    2. It offers boat service to DTD which at the end of the night at Pleasure Island it was very soothing for the ride back.
    3. Although the pool is smaller than others, my children simply adored the dragon slide.
    4. They have bike trails, a walking trail that goes all the way over to Riverside which is great, horse drawn carriages in the evening.
    5. Every time I have gone I have never had to share a bus with Riverside, now maybe I have just been lucky but that has been my experience. They would show up about every 10-15 minutes for each park, I don't have any bad wait times that I can think of.
    6. I do agree that the food court can get crowded however, considering most all of the buildings are within walking distance of it, we usually take our food back to the rooms.
    7. In my experience I have never had a problem with cleanliness but thats me.

Here are some pictures that I have taken for you to check out, its just an all around beautiful place and I recommend it every time.

Entrance Sign

Lobby Entrance From Behind

Entrance to the Food Court

Path leading to the pool

Emblem by the Pool

POFQ From the River

View From Our Room

Walking Street

Street 2

Path to Buses

Looking out the Food Court Window

Pool

Path to Boats

Boat to DTD

PO Riverside photos from the boat

Riverside Bridge

Our Room - Ignore my mother lol we had just gotten back from the parks. LOL

Room 2

Riverside is pretty but its just not my tastes, to country for me. I love the New Orleans theme. I have also stayed at the Carribean and it is just as great but there are a few factors that always tip me to POFQ.

I hope you have a great time though whatever you choose.

I have more photos to add. I should just start another thread. LOL
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 04-06-2006 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!!

I booked the Port Orleans French Quarter Standard View for $122.00 a night on the Travel Agent Appreciation rate, so I am really happy!

Thanks again for the feedback!
    MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I like French Quarter... never stayed there, the only moderate I've stayed in was Riverside.

I really do like the Riverside though, stayed at both the Alligator Bayou and Magnolia Bend sides and we really lucked out both times by getting rooms really close to the main building. Out of both, Bayou was much better and much quieter/woodsy.

Have a good time!!!
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I ahve stayed at both Port Orleans and Carribean Beach- liked the both, liked Port Orleans better, but both of these were a fewe years back and service was great. Can't say how it is now. Now, I usually stay off Disney Grounds . Its cheaper.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney

I booked the Port Orleans French Quarter Standard View for $122.00 a night on the Travel Agent Appreciation rate, so I am really happy!

Good choice, good rate.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania

As for fluids in hotel rooms this reminds me of a local story. THEhotel, a semi-seperate wing of Mandalay Bay is supposed to be one of the top hotels in this city and I stayed there last month, the rooms are like pre-furnished NYC luxury apartments. Anyway, coffee spill on the floor, dried old brownish stain on one of the sheets of one bed, mysterious small red splatch on one of the walls. If I was paying, I probably would have complained, but the room was comped and I'm not a high enough roller to be particularly picky, especially when I live only 25 minutes away.

So, just goes to show, this sort of thing doesn't only happen at WDW. That may smack of being an apologist but so it is.
    Yes, it does.

The same thing happens all over, doesn't make it right at WDW (a place that's SUPPOSED to EXCEED guests expectations). Heck, on the subject of Vegas, two years ago I was at Treasure Island and right in front of my door was a (VERY) used condom. Maybe some people wouldn't be bothered about that, but I complained, got it removed immediately and got a free dinner that I didn't ask for nor expect.

When I found FRESH blood on my sheets at the Disney Dolphin in 2004, there were many other problems too, I wound up getting two free nights and having my complaints/observations included in their training update.

I won't ever accept less than what I should. If more people did the same the world would likely be less screwed up!

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney

I just stayed at the French Quarter for my December trip. It was wonderful. You will have a great time. Remember to take some time and just enjoy the resort. There are many wonderful things to see and do both there and at Riverside.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Over 2003, I've stayed at the 3 moderates open at that time (French Quarters was under rehab). My favorite of the 3 is Coronado Springs (awesome, quiet setting...). Good rooms with many amenities of a deluxe resort, since its a convention resort mostly.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Yes, it does.

The same thing happens all over, doesn't make it right at WDW (a place that's SUPPOSED to EXCEED guests expectations). Heck, on the subject of Vegas, two years ago I was at Treasure Island and right in front of my door was a (VERY) used condom. Maybe some people wouldn't be bothered about that, but I complained, got it removed immediately and got a free dinner that I didn't ask for nor expect.

When I found FRESH blood on my sheets at the Disney Dolphin in 2004, there were many other problems too, I wound up getting two free nights and having my complaints/observations included in their training update.

I won't ever accept less than what I should. If more people did the same the world would likely be less screwed up!
    Well, with all due respect, I don't think you mean to implicate that there are people who would be OKAY with their being fresh blood on their sheets. I don't think even the nastiest WDW resort guests (and I have seen some pretty disgusting people) would ignore that. Ick!

Very used condoms in Vegas? Ya don't say...I feel bad for the poor sap that had to clean it up, though.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

^^^Kyle, I'm not sure many folks would even have noticed the blood. It was still wet, meaning either the housekeeper bled on it or the last guest had just vacated the room and the sheets were never changed.

But the bottom line is too many people are oblivious or are willing to overlook things ... and it does contribute to everything (including society) going down the toilet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12