Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little vent

• Super Old Guy

Re: A little vent

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    ...then again maybe its those damn annoying people that make 3 reservations a night and bail on the other two when they feel like making a decision...grrr
    They've made changes to the WDW reservation system that make this much harder to do. It's still possible, with multiple logins and credit cards, but for the average person the system will make you cancel a competing reservation before making a new one.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

well i hope this is why reservations are opening up for me and others.

• Super Old Guy

I really do think it's made a difference. I've had a much easier time getting rez times that I want lately.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I really do think it's made a difference. I've had a much easier time getting rez times that I want lately.
    Im glad to hear that then, it was one of my largest pet peeves about going. I hate too much pre planning and like doing some early reservations but sometimes seeing if i can roll the dice and get a reservation the week before or during the vacation on short notice just depending on how everyone in the group is feeling. obviously if theres somewhere you HAVE to go and its very popular you can't do this but it will be nice to see a few more good options hopefully being available the day of.

• The Dudester

I just found out reservations were open yesterday, and nothing was open the week of November 26th We will likely go for lunch if we can't make a reservation, but was looking forward to the full experience.

Related question for you guys: I've never been to WDW (DL regular). We had heard that the week after Thanksgiving was a good week to go, and happens to work for our honeymoon! Do you think these previews will affect attendance in any significant way? As I said, we heard the week after Thanksgiving was reasonable, crowd-wise, and we were looking forward to a relatively low-key week! Do any of you have experience with similar ride/attraction openings at WDW?

Thanks!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

And...this is where a FP system can fail.......a new attraction booked for two months? That's just ridiculous, how about just letting half the room get filled with "phone" reservations and the other half's from people in the parks...its poplar enough to be filled either way but to me it just feels like a fail to not be able to eat at the new restaurant when you know it's going to be part of there advertising

This is why I'm relieved when I went to the Disneyworld website and tried to put in my dates it said:

You have chosen a date more than 180 days in advance of today's date. Please choose a date less than 180 days in advance and try again.

The question is how do I know when it is within 180 days lol.

I really hope you manage to get the dates that you are after

Which restaurant are you trying for? I still haven't made up my mind which I want yet lol

• Super Old Guy

Try this site -

Priority Seating Calendar - Magical Travel

It has all the calculations you need - very cool!

Try this site -

Priority Seating Calendar - Magical Travel

It has all the calculations you need - very cool!
    Ahhh thank you! Good thing I checked. Gotta book tomorrow lol

• Super Old Guy

I actually surprised myself when looking this up - I need to book in a couple days for my upcoming February '13 trip. So thank YOU!

I actually surprised myself when looking this up - I need to book in a couple days for my upcoming February '13 trip. So thank YOU!
    haha we're both going in late Feb

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Uh...yeah very unlikely to happen. These days you can't walk into a standard Disney restaurant anymore without a reservation. You'll just get turned away.
    I respectfully disagree.....we have been here at WDW since August 14 and have walked up to the following and been seated within 10-20 minutes: O'Hana for breakfast (around 9am), Crystal Palace (the longest wait...we arrived right after rope drop and it was almost 30 minutes before we were seated...if only that grouchy CM would have let us go in and try before rope drop, lol). Coral Reef for dinner (at 6:30pm); A Garden Grill (one of the credit card required ADRs) and just yesterday at Tokyo Dining at 8:30pm in time to watch Illuminations from our Window seat! Le Chefs had a CM outside saying they had reservations available for that evening on Tuesday....but we didn't take them up on it.

Now...that said....we failed at getting Le Cellier several days (all we really wanted was soup but they wouldn't sell it to go either, lol).....failed at Rose & Crown and 1900 dinner too.

So...never say never! While I would still recommend making ADRs for anything that is a MUST for your group......and we normally do, but this trip was a seat-of-our-pants trip....we came to Florida for the Star Wars Convention and two YES classes and decided the rest of our Disney days would be unplanned. It was odd, but actually kinda nice because there are so many CS that we enjoy as well (especially in EPCOT) that we just went with the mindset that if we were turned away at one or two places we'd just do CS and by happy to eat!

Oh and before anyone accuses me of being a troll since this is my first post....see that I joined almost 2 years ago....I don't normally have anything of value to post so I don't....but since we're here and know first hand of the reservation availability and no one else has posted a response to that yet...well, I'm making my debut. Now back to lurking!

• Super Old Guy

janis, I'd say you were extremely lucky with your dining choices. It's been my experience that reservations on most of the park dining locations do indeed fill totally up. If someone should find themself in the park and in need of dinner, go ahead and give your favorite restaurant a try. But people are much better off doing the Advance Dining Reservations (ADR).

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Hey guys so I need a vent a little bit. We will be visiting Disney World for a week starting on December 10th. I've been looking for the reservations to open for Be Our Guest for the last two months. I would check here, Disney Parks Blog, and Disney World.com everyday. Today I look and they are booked until January! We were planning to go on December 11th. The two days I didn't check and it happened lol. Should I keep checking the site in case someone cancels? Thanks for listening we were just excited!
    My family is gonna be there same week! But, reading this made me upset, I was gonna take my little sister on her birthday that week.... :/ hopefully something will open up...
    "To die would be an awfuly big adventure"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12