Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little vent

• Minion

A little vent

Hey guys so I need a vent a little bit. We will be visiting Disney World for a week starting on December 10th. I've been looking for the reservations to open for Be Our Guest for the last two months. I would check here, Disney Parks Blog, and Disney World.com everyday. Today I look and they are booked until January! We were planning to go on December 11th. The two days I didn't check and it happened lol. Should I keep checking the site in case someone cancels? Thanks for listening we were just excited!
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

Re: A little vent

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Hey guys so I need a vent a little bit. We will be visiting Disney World for a week starting on December 10th. I've been looking for the reservations to open for Be Our Guest for the last two months. I would check here, Disney Parks Blog, and Disney World.com everyday. Today I look and they are booked until January! We were planning to go on December 11th. The two days I didn't check and it happened lol. Should I keep checking the site in case someone cancels? Thanks for listening we were just excited!
    Im shocked it could possibly be booked that far already, didn't think there were that many hard core planners out there..... oh well you can keep checking but maybe this will just help you get lucky and find a classic favorite that normally would be full. then again maybe its those damn annoying people that make 3 reservations a night and bail on the other two when they feel like making a decision...grrr

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Im shocked it could possibly be booked that far already, didn't think there were that many hard core planners out there..... oh well you can keep checking but maybe this will just help you get lucky and find a classic favorite that normally would be full. then again maybe its those damn annoying people that make 3 reservations a night and bail on the other two when they feel like making a decision...grrr
    This is my thought as well. I have reservations for the Liberty Tree so at least I have a nice place to eat, and I guess since it's not table service in the daytime I can experience it then!
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

hey man, i was there at 6am waiting for the phone lines to open here on texas time. I called and got a busy signal and "all circuits are busy" stuff for 8 hours and I still didn't get a table for my november dates. So even if you were there and dialing, it really was luck of the draw on who got through the super busy phone lines.

I read that people tried 200 times before getting through, others on their 7th try and many others like myself never able to get through until well after 1pm when most of the early dates were gone.

So i'm right there with ya. I had all the information and was ready to call and get tables but it just didn't happen. I did hear that if you were an annual passholder that you could call a special line that morning and would basically be a fastpass to the front of the line to get a table before us regular folks. Someone wrote "i took me only 15 minutes to get through" stuff.

I keep checking every day now for cancellations.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Lonestar Louisianian

I managed to get reservations for late january after many times trying. My best advice is that, since it took a credit card to hold the reservation and there is a 24 hour cancellation policy, keep trying to call back every morning and see if there are any new openings for your date.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    I managed to get reservations for late january after many times trying. My best advice is that, since it took a credit card to hold the reservation and there is a 24 hour cancellation policy, keep trying to call back every morning and see if there are any new openings for your date.
    That is good to know. I've been checking online daily, but it sounds like the day before there might be openings since people have to cancel the day before to not incur a charge.

---------- Post added 08-23-2012 at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    hey man, i was there at 6am waiting for the phone lines to open here on texas time. I called and got a busy signal and "all circuits are busy" stuff for 8 hours and I still didn't get a table for my november dates. So even if you were there and dialing, it really was luck of the draw on who got through the super busy phone lines.

I read that people tried 200 times before getting through, others on their 7th try and many others like myself never able to get through until well after 1pm when most of the early dates were gone.

So i'm right there with ya. I had all the information and was ready to call and get tables but it just didn't happen. I did hear that if you were an annual passholder that you could call a special line that morning and would basically be a fastpass to the front of the line to get a table before us regular folks. Someone wrote "i took me only 15 minutes to get through" stuff.

I keep checking every day now for cancellations.
    I'm sorry man, that is definitely harsh! I was in Texas as well when it opened, but I didn't know that it opened up. I'm hoping it will work out for the both of us
    Jeff Wayne

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If you REALLY want to eat there that bad, I'd be checking at least a couple times a day every day for cancellations. They opened up online reservations for Be Our Guest so you could try that way as well as trying to call. Good luck.

• Team Hail HYDRA

i want to go

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Sounds as bad as trying to get Olympic tickets here in London lol!

Seriously good luck & I hope you get the tickets you want

• -

You could always try going stand-by and waiting for a table without a reservation.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    You could always try going stand-by and waiting for a table without a reservation.
    Uh...yeah very unlikely to happen. These days you can't walk into a standard Disney restaurant anymore without a reservation. You'll just get turned away.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    If you REALLY want to eat there that bad, I'd be checking at least a couple times a day every day for cancellations. They opened up online reservations for Be Our Guest so you could try that way as well as trying to call. Good luck.
    It's definitely not a life or death situation. We just planned our week vacation and that was one of the things we wanted to experience. I've been looking daily at the website but no luck so far.
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Woo Hoo! I got a reservation for Be Our Guest today for November! Suddenly it was just there through the online booking Disney Dining page. I grabbed it. Couldn't believe it!

Don't give up folks, you can still get your table, just keep trying every single day. that's what I did.
    Micoofy Duck

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Woo Hoo! I got a reservation for Be Our Guest today for November! Suddenly it was just there through the online booking Disney Dining page. I grabbed it. Couldn't believe it!

Don't give up folks, you can still get your table, just keep trying every single day. that's what I did.
    Awesome! There is still hope!
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wow. I got another table on the other day I wanted on my trip. Amazing! I'm telling you folks, gals and gents. You can still get a table. People are cancelling. I've been checking every day, at least 4 times a day, randomly of course. I got 2 reservations for my trip. You know, in case for some reason the other is cancelled because of whatever reason.

Keep trying!!!
    Micoofy Duck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast