Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Have You Ever Had Strange Dreams About Disney World?

Quite often lately I have been having very strange dreams about Disney World. I am seriously thinking of visiting in April of next year, but haven't actually booked anything yet. In this reoccurring dream we do leave for Disney World, but we just never seem to make it into any of the themeparks there. Especially Magic Kingdom. I find myself wandering aimlessly around with people I hardly know, and nothing looks familiar. We never quite make it into Magic Kingdom before the dream is over. I remember thinking many times in the dream how we have been here way too many days, and when are we going to Magic Kingdom?

I haven't been to Disney World since 2009, and I am looking forward to going back there. Especially to see and experience the new attractions in Fantasyland. I guess in my head I must be skeptical somehow of making the trip.

So do you dream strange dreams about Disney World?
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

Re: Have You Ever Had Strange Dreams About Disney World?

ORGOCH: I don't have ta have no dreams 'bout Walt Dizzy Whirl 'cause ev'ry time I goes there I got my two looney sisters with me and that's a livin' NIGHTMARE!!!

• Lonestar Louisianian

Strangely enough, I've never had any dreams about Disney World (at least not while sleeping ). It may just mean that when you do go back you want to spend the most time in the Magic Kingdom. I mean, who could blame your sub-conscious, there's a whole new Fantasyland to explore!

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NatdRat View Post
    Strangely enough, I've never had any dreams about Disney World (at least not while sleeping ). It may just mean that when you do go back you want to spend the most time in the Magic Kingdom. I mean, who could blame your sub-conscious, there's a whole new Fantasyland to explore!
    That is very true. Fantasyland has always been my favorite Land in both the Magic Kingdom at WDW, and at Disneyland in California. I didn't want to visit during the construction of the new Fantasyland, even if I could have afforded a trip. It seems so long since I was there. By the time I do visit I expect to experience some new and wonderful things.

I dream about Disney World a lot. More than Disneyland actually. I guess I could try and analyze the dream. Perhaps I am afraid that I will never truly ever get to see the new Fantasyland. I sure hope that isn't true, since Magic Kingdom has always been my favorite park at WDW.

Pop Century Resort

• Minion

ORDDU: I'm constantly having dreams about my favorite man in a loin cloth. Do dreams about Tarzan count?

• Mr Test Track

Dont even get me started about my dreams.

I usually dream about Disney World being much different and I have to ride all of the rides in the one massive park (MK, Epcot, DHS, DAK combined) or else the whole Disney World will fall into a whole.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerrySimon View Post
    Dont even get me started about my dreams.

I usually dream about Disney World being much different and I have to ride all of the rides in the one massive park (MK, Epcot, DHS, DAK combined) or else the whole Disney World will fall into a whole.
    That is interesting. Some people would really like it if WDW didn't have all those buses, monorails, and boats necessary to do the parkhopping that is involved in order to ride all the E-Tickets.

Pop Century Resort

• Minion

ORWEN: My dreams about Disney World usually involve food. I can dream about the Dole whips, the oatmeal cookies, the rootbeer floats, the cupcakes, the popcorn and the churros all day long...

ORGOCH: Well, surprise, surprise! Who'd a known???

(Sounds of smashings and thrashings followed by a deadly calm...)

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Funny that you should mention food. When I'm not having strange dreams about Disney World, I am watching Cupcake Wars on the Food Channel.

I wonder how many cupcakes get devoured at Disney World in one day?

Pop Century Resort

• Minion

ORGOCH: On days when Orwen's there, ev'ry dang one of 'em gits ate up!

ORWEN: Are you back for more punishment so soon, old biddy?

• Mr Test Track

No but I was olnly there one day.

• Minion

Especially after my first visit as a kid, I've had WDW dreams off and on for years. I'm usually trapped in an abandoned park after closing, which in reality would be pretty cool but in the dreams is terrifying. All the lights and sounds are on, but there's not another human being to be seen.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Especially after my first visit as a kid, I've had WDW dreams off and on for years. I'm usually trapped in an abandoned park after closing, which in reality would be pretty cool but in the dreams is terrifying. All the lights and sounds are on, but there's not another human being to be seen.
    That's pretty spooky.

When I was young, we went to an amusement park in Chicago called Riverview Park. I loved watching the people ride the really big rollercoasters. We never rode them, mostly because of the money involved, but also because I was afraid to ride the biggest of coasters. I did ride the smaller one, called the Greyhound. Sometimes, I would stand there so long watching them that I would lose my family. It's a good thing the park was circular, because usually my family would backtrack and find me, or I would keep following the path and find them. I dreamt a lot about actually riding those big coasters, and I would scream a lot, and they wouldn't let me off.

Pop Century Resort

When I was younger I was terrified of Haunted Mansion. And I would always have nightmares about being on the ride, it stopping, and my mom would disappear from the buggy. It was always in the graveyard scene which was always the one I was most scared of. Then the ghosts would bring me out of my buggy and turn me into one of them. I hated those nightmares and it took my parents years to actually have me look up during the ride but now I love it
    "To die would be an awfuly big adventure"

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

When my husband and I took our grandson, Sean, to Disney World in 1997, I wasn't very Disney saavy. I really thought that Haunted Mansion was, haunted and scary. So we didn't ride it. I didn't return to Disney World until 2003. By this time, my grandson was 10. I had educated myself by reading about all the attractions, and I was ready to ride the ride. My grandson was adamant that he wouldn't go on. It didn't help that he saw a young girl run out the entrance, crying and shaking because she was afraid of the dark stretching room. I rode the ride with Sean's mom, and we came out laughing. We told Sean how the ride was fun, and not scary at all, but he wouldn't buy any of that. It was years before he would ride.

Pop Century Resort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast