Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: New Fantasyland: Would Walt have approved?

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Well, the idea of parents sitting and watching while their kids play goes directly against his stated goals for building Disneyland in the first place.
    Sort of what I was thinking. If I have friends who want to vacation at WDW with me, I want to be able to explore this part of the Magic Kingdom. I don't want to feel like I need a kid to get in because it specifically caters to them. Maybe it does, but it shouldn't. I love that we enter a portal to traverse between the cottage to the castle. I love Lumiere. I love the Wardrobe. Those parts of the show are great. But why are the kids holding cut outs? Why is there a little play? Why are the parents sitting on the side? I felt like there is so much potential, but WDW took it in a different direction that I don't particularly like.

I hope that there is either a massive overhaul on what happens in here to be more of an attraction rather than a glorified meet and greet. Exploring the house is great but I feel that even a giant walk through with animatronics would have been better than this. I mean, what happens when you have a very shy kid? Or only shy kids who don't want to do a conga line? Perhaps I'm being pessimistic, but I just don't feel the space was used wisely from what I saw in videos.

Threads like this make me nauseous tbh. There is no way of knowing whether Walt would have approved or disapproved of anything that's happened within the company since his death. The only person who could tell you would be Walt himself so if you really want to know, then perhaps you could ask him once you kick the bucket yourself.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Threads like this make me nauseous tbh. There is no way of knowing whether Walt would have approved or disapproved of anything that's happened within the company since his death.
    Well,that's kind of a given, isn't it? Does there really need to be a disclaimer at the top of every hypothetical discussion spelling out the fact that it's hypothetical? If you don't enjoy hypothetical discussions, why read them?

• Hello Dolly.

He'd love it and think it was a much better improvement over the medieval tents.

I mean the whole area does look amazing! That video they released of Belle's cottage was enough to make my mouth open in shock, I can only imagine how Disney would have reacted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12