Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16

    Smile New to the forum so hello guys :) I've had this dream

    of ALWAYS going to Disney World since I was like 5 years old!
    I'm 18 now, from the UK and have never been able to afford it.
    What's it really like, does it actually feel magical? I KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT IT FOR SOMEBODY WHO HAS NEVER BEEN hahaha
    my friends go and they say things like "Oh yeah youd love Disneyland in floriday its got the hulk ride" and im like oh dear oh dear oh dear
    Anyway yeah PRAY FOR ME THAT I'LL BE ABLE TO AFFORD IT ONE DAY OR YA NO JUST TAKE ME WITH YOU thank you

  2. #2

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,715
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: New to the forum so hello guys :) I've had this dream

    I grew up watching Walt Disney on television, and as a child we never had the money to travel across the country to visit Disneyland. That was what other people did. However, in 1997, my husband and I finally scraped enough cash together to take our grandson to Disney World. I was 50 years old, and my grandson was 4. I celebrate my 65th birthday in just a few days, and I still remember the magical feeling that Disney World sparked in me.

    I have since traveled to California and Disneyland, and have fallen in love with the place that I saw on television.

    To the OP. I sure hope you are able to make a trip real soon.

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16

    Re: New to the forum so hello guys :) I've had this dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I grew up watching Walt Disney on television, and as a child we never had the money to travel across the country to visit Disneyland. That was what other people did. However, in 1997, my husband and I finally scraped enough cash together to take our grandson to Disney World. I was 50 years old, and my grandson was 4. I celebrate my 65th birthday in just a few days, and I still remember the magical feeling that Disney World sparked in me.

    I have since traveled to California and Disneyland, and have fallen in love with the place that I saw on television.

    To the OP. I sure hope you are able to make a trip real soon.
    Ah you sound just like me yes it's what everyone does and it makes you feel left out haha!
    Ah wow I'm so glad you got to go and on your 50th birthday it must have been really special!
    Thanks for sharing your story. Do you prefer one over the other?
    I really hope I do, thank you!

  4. #4

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,715
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: New to the forum so hello guys :) I've had this dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
    Ah you sound just like me yes it's what everyone does and it makes you feel left out haha!
    Ah wow I'm so glad you got to go and on your 50th birthday it must have been really special!
    Thanks for sharing your story. Do you prefer one over the other?
    I really hope I do, thank you!
    I have been fortunate, in the later years of my life to have been able to vacation at both Disney World and Disneyland. I love both places, but I do prefer Disneyland over Disney World.

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    16

    Re: New to the forum so hello guys :) I've had this dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have been fortunate, in the later years of my life to have been able to vacation at both Disney World and Disneyland. I love both places, but I do prefer Disneyland over Disney World.
    Awesome I can't wait for the day I get to go to one of them!
    Paris is close to me and I did go for like 3 hours or something one day haha but I don't remember it that well. Plus, it doesn't feel as authentic to me when it's out of America! happy birthday for a few days by the way!

Similar Threads

  1. New to the forum, but not to Disney
    By Halo Mickey in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 07:37 AM
  2. HELLO ALL. i AM NEW TO THE GROUP AS WELL.......
    By PLAZAINN1 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 09:18 AM
  3. New Star Tours Forum open!
    By phruby in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 01:35 AM
  4. A new vision: The new O.C. downtown? - OC Register 5/11/05
    By Bass Shakers in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 06:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •