Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Suspended

Re: Has anybody gone to Disney World (or any Disney resort) and felt really let down?

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    AK is the best Disney park in the United States. Amazing park, the detail is incredible and has a mix of everything. If only it stayed open later...
    I have to agree partly. That park contains detail that could belong at Disney Sea. Probably the best designed park in the US.

• Nic

Re: Has anybody gone to Disney World (or any Disney resort) and felt really let down?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    What is it with you and disparaging WDW? Realize that both DLR and WDW are two different places that each have their own magic. No need to always intrude and state that Magic Kingdom is terrible in comparison to Disneyland.
    I wasn't disparaging WDW, I was just explaining how the Magic Kingdom, doesn't have the same quality as Disneyland (i.e. exterior of the rides). I have been outspoken about WDW in the past few days, but I don't want anyone thinking I don't like WDW, or that WDW is any less better than Disneyland Resort.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I wasn't disparaging WDW, I was just explaining how the Magic Kingdom, doesn't have the same quality as Disneyland (i.e. exterior of the rides). I have been outspoken about WDW in the past few days, but I don't want anyone thinking I don't like WDW, or that WDW is any less better than Disneyland Resort.
    I would have to agree with WDW1971, bumping into your posts in the forums I was thinking the same thing. I was like dang, what did WDW ever do to you to make you completely against it. Just like you I see the parks in an opposite manner. I favor WDW/MK over DLR/DL. You have your views and reasons as do I. Hey, I still visited DL this past summer, I have my "crowded" issues with DL but I still look forward to another future trip in the years to come back to the DLR.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Nic

I'm looking forward to going back to WDW one day as well, I have nothing against it, and I never have, I just prefer Disneyland, and I question some of the choices Disney has made for WDW.

I really hope I haven't been too spiteful to WDW over the past few weeks, all these rumors of Cars Land coming to WDW have really put me in a sour mood.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I'm looking forward to going back to WDW one day as well, I have nothing against it, and I never have, I just prefer Disneyland, and I question some of the choices Disney has made for WDW.

I really hope I haven't been too spiteful to WDW over the past few weeks, all these rumors of Cars Land coming to WDW have really put me in a sour mood.
    It is alright. I just hope you learn that your views are not always the views of others and you have to respect them and their individual opinions. Every time I have seen a post by you (it is kind of hard not to remember your posts with that profile pic), you always seem to have something derogatory to add about WDW.

Trust me, nobody wants to see Cars Land come to WDW. Not people who call WDW their "home park" or people who call DL their "home park". No need to put WDW down continuously because you are upset with something that most likely will not happen.

Realize that WDW and DL are two unique places that were never meant to be the same (well until when Eisner tried to make DL into WDW but I think now they have realized DL will never be WDW). Accept this and know that they each have their own faults and their own unique things to offer.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Trust me, nobody wants to see Cars Land come to WDW.
    Nobody except the marketing-dominated management of Disney Corp. What the fans want is irrelevant to management's "One Disney" and "Disney Parks®" philosophy. To the Disney Corp mind, what makes money in one park will make more money in two parks. Making More Money is Good. And building clones is cheaper than building originals. Cheaper is Good.

Together, they're two powerful Goodnesses that Disney finds irresistible.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Nobody except the marketing-dominated management of Disney Corp. What the fans want is irrelevant to management's "One Disney" and "Disney Parks®" philosophy. To the Disney Corp mind, what makes money in one park will make more money in two parks. Making More Money is Good. And building clones is cheaper than building originals. Cheaper is Good.

Together, they're two powerful Goodnesses that Disney finds irresistible.
    Yes, unfortunately that is true. That is why DCA got with Animation, Disney Junior, It's Tough to be a Bug, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Muppet Vision, Turtle Talk, and Tower of Terror. Instead of allowing that park to develop on its own they took attractions that have already been proven popular from WDW so they do not have to spend the money on development. Even though when Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and DHS opened they had 100% unique original attractions, DCA was stuck with ideas that were taken from other parks, all in an effort to save money. That is why DCA was flawed in the beginning. What reason was there to go to DCA when the original, and most time superior version, of the attraction existed elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12