• formerly very helpful

I know it's a dumb idea, but what the heck, just for fun...

I was thinking about my favorite park, EPCOT, and what's no longer there: Horizons, Journey Into Imagination (The original REAL ride), World of Motion, LIving Seas (with hydrolators and NO Nemo), etc. It got me thinking.

How about a 5th gate where they expand on the lost aspects of EPCOT, changing them not only into attractions, but complete lands. We could call it LostCOT. Instead of just a pavilion, a whole land based on Horizons. Ride, restaurants, shops, the works. The same for all the old, long gone attractions.

Now, I have NO artistic talent, computer or otherwise, but if anyone wanted to share ideas on this subject, artwork, designs or anything, let's see what we could come up with. If Disney reads this and decides they want to build it, we all agree, no lawsuits. THey can have this idea as long as they do a good job.

Ideas?

• Heavy Breather

Re: I know it's a dumb idea, but what the heck, just for fun...

God I wish...

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• WDW will always be home.

Fun idea, but the best would be if they just made Future World not suck anymore.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

I don't think that's a dumb idea at all...for them to find a way to honor and recapture the magic of the past would be amazing...a kind of Yesterland in the real world. It wouldn't have to be the fully realized versions of the bygone things, but a way to re-experience the high points at least. That would be awesome! Favorite foods that are no longer served, attractions, souvenirs. I bet it would be a big hit. Impractical and improbable, perhaps.
    But I think it's a GREAT idea!

• Insomniac

The only bad idea is the idea that stays unshared. Sharing ideas allows you to use even silly ideas to fuel creativity...

Quote Originally Posted by PSUMark View Post
    Fun idea, but the best would be if they just made Future World not suck anymore.
    Yeah I like the idea of seeing EPCOT Center before it started to suck, but I would rather they just go back to creating exciting thrilling attractions/ pavilions that serve a purpose (unlike Nemo and Mission Space). 2012 EPCOT could/ should be 100 times more futuristic than 1982 EPCOT because of the advancements in technology, but TDO is adamant about spending less and making more (which never ends well).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• formerly very helpful

Hopefully lessons learned with Cars Land in California will rub off in Orlando.