Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Animal Kingdom's "Avatar Land" delayed, possibly permanently.

It would've been "okay" if they planned it for Hollywood Studios, but Animal Kingdom? How does that make any sense?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Not here to help

Disney doesn´t need Avatar... they have the New Fantasyland.................... ................
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreakEst1994 View Post
    I feel the same way. Ever since they announced it, it kinda irritated me. I dont think it fits with Disney at all. The movie was cool, but nothing about it screamed "Disney take me and make me into an attraction!" I always figured Universal would do that. But yeah this doesnt upset me one bit.
    To be quite honest, nothing about Cars really screamed (or even does now) that "Disney take me and make me into an attraction." Cars Land is fun, but definetely not the best source material TWDC has at its disposal. Avatarland was just a bad idea from inception and Avatar 2 (if block buster sequels in recent memory are a trend) will make lots of money but not be a good movie. I say fix what you got not expand. DHS is a jumbled mess and AK is already a beautiful park so why not fix the few ugly parts of the park? Of all the parks that need help in WDW, however, EPCOT wins for being in the worst shape. Future World is falling apart, World Showcase hasn't had a pavilion/ ride addition in my lifetime, and the additions of new/ renovated restaurants does not help fix any of the issues.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Circle of Ancients

Wonder if it's too late to make Universal Orlando's Transformers attraction into an Avatar attraction. It would fit that technology great!!!

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    To tell you the truth, I'm not even close to shedding a tear.
    Makes two of us. Now if it was Avatar The Last Airbender the I might be more upset.

Joking aside, I would rather they now spend all that money on something else, perhaps Australia for DAK (that's if it has to stay in that parks budget).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I'm going to laugh so hard if Universal negotiates with Cameron.
    Have a feeling that wouldn't happen. I can imagine there were all sorts of exclusivity clauses in the contract - especially if it all goes sour.Besides where'd they put it? Probably have to demolish another old attraction for it.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I'm an also glad to here this news , I would rather see something else
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

I hope this can be confirmed soon

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Toad View Post
    Agreed! Carsland would be a guaranteed slam dunk and a great companion to TSMM at DHS. Probably much cheaper to build than Avatarland since design and engineering work has already been done.

Avatar? Meh. As much as I'm weary of DisCo relying on clones, at least Cars is an in-house property consistent with what consumers expect from the Disney brand. Now if we can just get rid of the Avengers monorail....
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, Cars Land doesn't belong in DHS. It has nothing to do with Hollywood or making movies, and frankly, it needs to be exclusive to Disneyland.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, Cars Land doesn't belong in DHS. It has nothing to do with Hollywood or making movies, and frankly, it needs to be exclusive to Disneyland.
    I agree with this - Cars Land is preferable to Avatar Land, but I don't want to see either one in WDW, and Cars Land does not fit in DHS. TDO needs to invest in something original that will draw not only new and repeat guests, but west coasters who think (mostly correctly) that WDW has become stale and they're better off just going to DLR.

Btw, we're now up to 18 unique users commenting on this without a single negative reaction to the news. Again, are you listening Disney??
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I see Carsland like Harry Potter, on both coasts.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Suspended

Please, please, please be true!

I know that Avatar probably could have created some really cool, innovative, E-ticket rides BUT having the film franchise in Animal Kingdom would have definitely ruined the original intent and feel of Animal Kingdom (which has some areas on par with TDS). For a park that celebrates animals and nature, why would anyone think that a commercialized, money-making Hollywood production made from a computer belongs in a park that has to do with nature. It is not about what humans are able to create for entertainment. It would have dominated the park and taken the focus off the animals.

An expansion is necessary though and hopefully something more along the lines of Beastly Kingdom will come to existence. These whole lands based on movie franchises do not work. Harry Potter works because the theme of that park is lands based on one franchise. Other than IOA, no other theme park is themed to direct movie environments.

Avatar would have definitely formed a cool ATTRACTION but it does not deserve its own LAND in a Disney theme park (unless they build a new park themed like IOA). I would have loved to gone on ONE Avatar ride but a whole land is overkill kind of. Leave room for other stories to be told.

It would be cool if an E ticket based on Avatar was build in DHS (or WDS) like how Star Tours is there but that is the only place an Avatar (ONE) attraction should be. In all honesty, Avatar probably can provide some awesome material/technologies for attractions, but not a whole land, and definitely not in DAK.

• Minion

ORDDU: They really need to go forward with the idea of building Beastly Kingdom and forget all about Avatar. Beastly Kingdom would be so much more preferable.

• We'll hold them at bay

I would love to see Australia instead myself

Bwana Blog!

maybe a Koala forest exhibit, a flume etc etc
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

I'll be the first to add slight discord. I'm neutral to Avatar, neutral to Cars as well. But they did a fantastic job with Carsland and I kind of figured if they did something on the same scale Disney fans would "get over it". That said I'd actually rather Avatar over Carsland because it isn't a clone and AK really needs the expansion first.

So hopefully there is actually a viable replacement coming down the pipe (Australia or Beastly) and they aren't just dumping it for Carsland in DHS. I'll celebrate Avatars demise ONCE something better is coming to Animal Kingdom instead of nothing at all.

If Avatar was shifted to DHS and the decision was between it and Carsland there... I think I'd pick Avatar just for the novelty and assuming they invested properly in it. But that would also eliminate the big thematic problems that I think a lot are worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Neither does Tower of Terror or RNRC, yet they are the only attractions that get people there. Also, there is a way that you can make the land appear as a set from outside of the land in order to make it look like your entering onto a set. Sort of like the Dine in Theater.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast