•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What was your Biggest Mistake ever at WDW?

I have had some awesome times at Disney World. By myself, and with my friends and family. However, one thing stands out as a definite mistake.

It was back in 2009, when we were at DHS. By the way, I still want to call it MGM. My grandson, Sean, didn't leave with us to the park, and so his mom, Kathy and I got to the park early, and we went in the standby line for Toy Story, instead of getting a fastpass. Her and I endured a 40 minute wait, and had fun on the ride. We should have ended our ride experience there.

NO. Later on when Sean arrived at the park, we talked him into the standby line, when the sign said 70 minutes. Well long story short, we waited 2 hours. By the time I got on the ride, I had to go to the bathroom so bad, I definitely did not have any fun at all.

I no longer care to ride the ride, either in DHS, or at DCA. Sean has always said, that the ride was definitely not worth the wait.

• Minion

Re: What was your Biggest Mistake ever at WDW?

ORGOCH: The biggest mistake I ever made whilst headin' ta Walt Dizzy Whirl was goin' there with two losers like my two looney sisters. If'n any of ya'd ever spent just one minute with either one of 'em ya'd know what I mean...

• Not here to help

One mistake that we made the last time we were at MK was to sit too close to the castle during the fireworks.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

My biggest regret was waisting too much money at Disneyland years ago to stay at the Grand Californian hotel. I could have used that money I spent on that one single 5 day trip into multiple trips to WDW and DL, hence a cheaper hotel. I've used that mistake to never make that mistake when I go to WDW. I have now been able to take at least 2 trips a year to the parks.

I did think about paying for one or 2 nights to stay at the Disneyland hotel during my last trip to Disneyland and the cost was for one night, $540 dollars, which basically covers my part of my 8 day trip to WDW coming this holiday season. Plus I get 4 parks, 2 water parks, Downtown Disney, etc all included.

So that was a mistake that I realize now that I didn't realize I was making those years ago. Kinda wish I made that mistake here at WDW staying at the Grand Floridian Hotel. If I could turn back time I would make that same money spending mistake here at WDW.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

In 2007, we rode Everest three times, but failed to ride it again when we returned to Animal Kingdom. Now it looks like I'll never again get the chance to see the Yeti in A mode.

In June, I went with a group of friends to WDW. We arrived on a Saturday and decided we wanted to go to Downtown Disney and have dinner at Planet Hollywood. We didn't bother making a reservation ahead of time because I'd never needed to in the past; every other time I wanted to eat at PH, I'd walked right in. It wasn't until we got there and saw how crowded it was that I remembered that I'd always been able to walk right in because I'd never eaten there on a Saturday night... We ended up waiting in the lobby for an hour and a half before we got a table. Definitely learned my lesson there.

Also, for some reason, thought that leaving Epcot at 7:00 to go to DHS and use our FastPasses for TSM and then coming back to Epcot in time for Illuminations at 9:00 was a good idea... and that it could be done without rushing. We ended up literally running through the turnstyles at 8:50 and then all the way back to the China pavilion because all of the closer countries were packed. Definitely learned my lesson there too.

Biggest mistake i ever did at a Disney park......Went to MK .....on the 4th of July.....with a hangover......and 2 broken ribs......nuff said.....TYVM.....lol

• Minion

ORDDU: The biggest mistake I ever made at the Disney theme parks was to, somehow, allow this one particular gorgeous hunk to get away from me before getting his name and address. I might have been living happily ever after by now!!

• Mr Test Track

Not riding Star Tours in January 2011 before it closed.