First Solo Trip to WDW

Due to a previously planned one day work conference in the Orlando area, I had decided a while ago, to take a few more days and add onto my time in the area, and make a vacation out of it, and visit Walt Disney World and Universal. I will be in the area for 6 days.

Has anyone else ever done "the world" solo, anything specific that is worth checking out?

I have never been alone, but I am sure I will love the fact I can do my own thing, any suggestions?
    "Just remember it all started with a mouse!"

Re: First Solo Trip to WDW

If it is in your budget, maybe do a backstage tour at MK, segueway tour at Epcot or some kind of "adventure" like the Wild Africa Trek, or hang-gliding? Any kind of guided tour would be great as a solo traveler. I've never gone alone to WDW, but I do travel alone quite a bit for work, and I'll often listen to podcasts while touring to make up for the lack of conversation. It is REALLY fun, though, to be able to do whatever you want, and eat whatever you want! And you can always text pictures to your friends and family as you go to share the fun and make them all jealous Have fun!

I am definitely thinking about doing one of the tours, on one of the days that I am there. Past trips have always been with others, and needless to say they are not really as interested as me in the Disney magic...

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I've done a solo trip years back. It's not as bad as you would think. You have total control, obviously. You find yourself talking with people in line and in shops, not just cast members. I would guess it all depends on how approachable you are or how much of a possible loner you could be.

Doing walk up restuarant dining is a breeze, table for one? Sure. You WILL get asked if it's "just you today" and you just take it from there. I do know that at the Epcot Germany table service restuarant that they do seat you with other people. Never done it myself but the indoor outdoor night atmosphere looks amazing in pictures I've seen.

Single rider line comes into effect and you save loads of time zipping through singer rider lines, if possible. You don't have any family members or friends with "issues" or problems that take time away from the parks. I traveled to WDW this past year with 8 people and WOW it was hard to wrangle everyone in one direction but I managed with zero fights.

I remember finding myself shopping alot more than I would with no family/friends traveling with me. I took more pictures and video. You know, just after the first few hours you adjust to a solo trip rather quickly. Pin Trading starts loads of conversations too.

What else... I would avoid Downtown Disney at night alone. I mean crime can happen anywhere and everywhere but I just personally don't like being alone at Downtown Disney. I remember shopping at DD once and stayed pretty late, went to the bus stations and found myself in the middle of the parking lot where my bus stop was, just there allll alone. just me and bags and bags of merchandise... I was naive back then and me standing there I figued it probably wasn't the best idea to shop so late alone. I was waiting for 30 plus minutes for a bus to arrive. I stayed on the phone with a family member so in case something happened. That's how creepy and alone I felt that night. But the rest of the trip was great. LOL!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Solo trips are great. Every weekend I basically do a solo trip, as I get photos of Universal and SeaWorld.

You would be surprised about how many people actually take solo trips to Walt Disney World.

There is honestly no shortage of people to talk to, and there are plenty of adult geared venues at CityWalk, and at WDW to keep you entertained.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

When i do a solo at WDW , one thing that i always do . I NEVER PLAN A THING !! I go, like others have said here, to take pics, shop on my own time, eat what and where i want. I make it a day of self endulgment , Disney style !

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    When i do a solo at WDW , one thing that i always do . I NEVER PLAN A THING !! I go, like others have said here, to take pics, shop on my own time, eat what and where i want. I make it a day of self endulgment , Disney style !
    That is 100% the best way to do it.

Take lots of time to just smell the roses. Literally! Take it all in, people watch, listen to other's conversations, talk to people, see shows, watch streetmosphere, just really take it in.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions and encouragement! I only get out to WDW every few years being that I am in California (I visit Disneyland quite frequently).

I plan on taking a lot of pictures, and seeing shows, and just exploring more than I have been able to do before.

Hoping the weather is ok, I am used to the afternoon thunderstorms, as I have dealt with those before, hopefully its not raining too much!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by thmprkinsder View Post
    Thanks so much for all the suggestions and encouragement! I only get out to WDW every few years being that I am in California (I visit Disneyland quite frequently).

I plan on taking a lot of pictures, and seeing shows, and just exploring more than I have been able to do before.

Hoping the weather is ok, I am used to the afternoon thunderstorms, as I have dealt with those before, hopefully its not raining too much!
    Even if it is, personally with the nice warm rain, it is so much fun to just walk around in it, get soaked to the bone, and just enjoy Florida.

Very true, always forget Florida has warm rain...lol :-)