View Poll Results: ROLES you 'd like for the COLLEGE PROGRAM?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attractions

2 33.33%
  • Bell Services/Dispatch

0 0%
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess

0 0%
  • Lifeguard

1 16.67%
  • Character Attendant

2 33.33%
  • PhotoPass

3 50.00%
  • F&B

1 16.67%
  • Hopper

1 16.67%
  • Hospitality

2 33.33%
  • Character Performer

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Talking Any else Auditioning for the DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM for WDW Spring 2013 ?

WDW COLLEGE PROGRAM !

I put in my app last week,
    went through the Online Interview,
    now the PHONE INTERVIEW on Monday Sept 17th, and then if I get accepted, DANCE AUDITIONS in SF next month!

The Spring Program will be Jan-Aug and I get some college credit.....
    Since Theatre is my Major, I'd love to do an Internship after the DCP...

any advice or comments for this Disney-Bound Boy..?

Also, I'm 35, stuck in a 24 y/o body... I hope it doesn't hinder my chances..
    I have some experience as a Friend of a Hanna-Barbera "Mystery Dog" in a Hip Hop dance show
    and then as "Friend of G" in
    Beauty&TB Musical in the Hawai'i Premiere 2005... Very Excited that I found out about this Opportunity from friends
    that work in shows at both Aulani, DLR and WDW!

THANK YOU AJ and Manke!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TigTug; 09-11-2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Contract prohibits character-disclosure.
    "Ready to help CREATE and HONOR the MAGIC!..... "

Re: Any else Auditioning for the DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM for WDW Spring 2013 ?

Hi! I'm applying for the program this Spring as well!
    I actually had my phone interview two days ago, and now have to wait up to two weeks for them to get back to me! I keep checking my email every few hours haha.

That's really cool that you're trying out to be a performer! I'm personally hoping to either be at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique, a character attendant, or in costuming.
    Good luck on your phone interview! I don't know what they ask for performers, but I can tell you that you should be prepared with a solid reason as to why you want to work there, and I've read on several forums that you need to hold your ground on what role you want, or you could be placed anywhere.

The best part of the phone interview was when I was about to hang up and the nice lady told me to "have a magical day!"
    Please let us know how it goes!

-Melanie

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Quote Originally Posted by Laniebeth View Post
    I actually had my phone interview two days ago, and now have to wait up to two weeks for them to get back to me! I keep checking my email every few hours haha.

That's really cool that you're trying out to be a performer! I'm personally hoping to either be at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique, a character attendant, or in costuming.
    Good luck on your phone interview! I don't know what they ask for performers, but I can tell you that you should be prepared with a solid reason as to why you want to work there, and I've read on several forums that you need to hold your ground on what role you want, or you could be placed anywhere.

The best part of the phone interview was when I was about to hang up and the nice lady told me to "have a magical day!"

-Melanie

That's AWESOME ADVICE Melanie! Thank You!

Please keep US posted! Tell us a little about your background,
    do you love kids too? BBB would be a fun way to interact with kids.

That is one HUGE reason to take one of these roles. Changing people's live,
    and becoming part of their Memories and Magical experience!

I do love kids, and I'm actually licensed in cosmetology, so I'm really hoping I can get a chance to work in the BBB!

I really want to be a part of the magic! I've only been to WDW twice, but they were by far the best vacations I can remember, and I'm really hoping that I can get a chance to be a part of making those magical memories for other people!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TigTug View Post
    WDW COLLEGE PROGRAM !

I put in my app last week,
    went through the Online Interview,
    now the PHONE INTERVIEW on Monday Sept 17th, and then if I get accepted, DANCE AUDITIONS in SF next month!

The Spring Program will be Jan-Aug and I get some college credit.....
    Since Theatre is my Major, I'd love to do an Internship after the DCP...

any advice or comments for this Disney-Bound Boy..?

Also, I'm 35, stuck in a 24 y/o body... I hope it doesn't hinder my chances..
    I have some experience as a Friend of Scooby-Doo in a Hip Hop dance show
    and then as Friend of GASTON in
    B&TB Musical in the Hawai'i Premiere 2005... Very Excited that I found out about this Opportunity from friends
    that work in shows at both Aulani, DLR and WDW!

THANK YOU AJ and Manke!
    I just wanted to wish you luck! I did entertainment at Disneyland for 3 years and then decided to do the college program in entertainment at Walt Disney World and had a blast. I suggest you wear something bright blue at the audition, this will help you stand out. If you're a great dancer then you should already have an advantage. Make sure your facials are as big as your moves. Always smile! The College Program auditions are mostly for costumed characters. You will, although, may have a chance to be in Parades or face characters.
    Jeff Wayne

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Jeff,

Thank you for the Great advice! And of course, for the Well Wishes...
    I haven't dance/moved professional for 3 years, so I'm a bit rusty.

Gotta brush of My Pirouettes and Pique turns... Lol

Smiling big, and a lot, seems like very good advice.

For some some great trip reports, features and reviews, please check out http://www.thedisneylandreport.com.

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Just found this GREAT DISNEY site for DCP and Intern hopefuls.....

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Sorry, I had to Edit out some things in my Original post...
    After realizing it might not be looked Highly upon disclosing character types....
    Sorry to anyone reading.. monitoring?

• Minion

Jeff,

Thank you for the Great advice! And of course, for the Well Wishes...
    I haven't dance/moved professional for 3 years, so I'm a bit rusty.

Gotta brush of My Pirouettes and Pique turns... Lol
    I would look at some of the routines done in Disney parades and shows. When I auditioned it as a mix of Woodys roundup and some parade choreography.
    Jeff Wayne

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I would look at some of the routines done in Disney parades and shows. When I auditioned it as a mix of Woodys roundup and some parade choreography.
    Can you tell me what the big differences in Routines was..
    How Technical was it? Double turns? Triples?

Thanks!

Can you tell me what the big differences in Routines was..
    How Technical was it? Double turns? Triples?

Thanks!
    There are two types of auditions characcters/performers and dancers

If you go to a dance audition they will teach you a very technical ballet combination. I still remember mine: pique, tombe, glizat saus de chaux, arabesque, tombe, fourth and double piroutte. We did this with sleepings beauty song.

The performer dance audition is very simple, basic jazz steps like a 4 square, paux de burre etc. No pirouttes or technical stuff.

Good luck

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

MouseFan,

THANK YOU!
    That gives me a Perfect idea of how intense it might be,
    no grand jete across the floor?
    Sounds great though...

Merci !

I'm also auditioning in ATX for Character ... Preferably a Prince ... though im 5' 9.5" so hopefully im one of those blue moon exceptions. But im nervous ... i nailed the phone interview but the audition would be my first Professional Audition ... so there is that

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

Quote Originally Posted by Laniebeth View Post

-Melanie
    HEY MELANIE!

Had My Phone Interview Yesterday, Mon Sept 17, and we talked for 35 minutes!
    She told me more about SF auditions next month, so I'm pretty hopeful for at Least the Character Attendant ROLE!

What is your Status? I bet the 1st wave of acceptances is FRIDAY!
    How has your patience been?

TtFn!

---------- Post added 09-18-2012 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I just wanted to wish you luck! I did entertainment at Disneyland for 3 years and then decided to do the college program in entertainment at Walt Disney World and had a blast. I suggest you wear something bright blue at the audition, this will help you stand out. If you're a great dancer then you should already have an advantage. Make sure your facials are as big as your moves. Always smile! The College Program auditions are mostly for costumed characters. You will, although, may have a chance to be in Parades or face characters.
    Hey Jeff!

My phone interview was Great yesterday!
    I'm going to take your advice and wear Bright Blue to the audition, which is Oct 13th in SF