Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Princesses to look like CP look

Ariel, Tiana, Mulan, Pocahontas, Jasmine Snow White and Rapunzel don't look that much different.
    Aurora's is looks simular, but different.
    Belle..I would prefer for her hair to be smooth, instead of having broken strands of hair on her head.
    Cinderella looks a tad Justin Beiberish
    I am not sure if they wanted to make the hair look more realistic...

I dunno, I don't see how having some stylized images of the princesses is any different from having merch with various different eras of Mickey's look, or the "Cuties" versions of all the characters. It's not like Disney is pulling a George Lucas and going back and changing how the princesses look in their actual movies

• Senior Minion

Really, nothing has changed since 1985 -- trendy hair on Princesses is just more Eisner-style marketeering. It's the same M.O. as when marketing major Gary Krisel, head of Disney Music in the 1980's, had a hit with the "Disco Minnie" single and merchandise campaign. Eisner made him head of Disney TV Animation -- a division where marketing drove everything they did.

Year in and year out, you can count on two things from Disney marketeering: 1) they always try to overlay what's hot today on the Disney brands of yesterday, and 2) they rarely exhibit good taste or respect for the brands they're hyping.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

not bad, i can see why they might want to update a little, and it isnt that much.
    Oh. Ugh. Do not want.
    we cant just say no to every change.

• ***PIXIEDUSTER***

This should be INTERESTING, to say The Least....
    So far, is it JUST Disney Store?
    "Ready to help CREATE and HONOR the MAGIC!..... "

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the heads up. I would not want to accidently miss the new hairstyles. I know ladies hate it when you do not notice that they have had their hair done.

Blog Entries

eh, I guess I have bigger things to worry about.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I would be very very very surprised if they used these as Character designs. There have been alternate character designs for the Princesses over the years. That has not translated into a change of the in park Character looks.

From my POV this is a non issue.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

ORDDU: If you never cared much for the Disney princesses to begin with it's a non-issue. To those of us who love them we don't want their hair styles to change--or their costumes to change, either--because what went before was perfect. Why try to fix something that's not broken?

ORWEN: I see Cinderella's hair has changed in that she used to have bangs and now her hair is parted on the side--like Rapunzel's hair is. I don't think they should mess with the original look because it will be even MORE confusing to tell certain Disney heroine's apart than it already is.

ORGOCH: Got fashion tips?

It's about what's popular in children's products and probably will have no correlation with what's in the parks.
    I'm not familiar with merchandising, but there's probably some popular doll out there that is making big bucks and Disney is trying to get ahold of that "craze".
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

I'm very surprised the thread has gone on this long without doubting the source.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Yes, that is THE OFFICIAL new redesigned Princess look per The Powers That Be at Consumer Products and I assume Iger. The original 1937, 1950, 1959, 1989, 1991, 1992 designs of said Princesses are HISTORY. No more tradition for Iger to worry about.
    The older characters already didn't look like their pre-1990's versions, particularly Snow White.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I'm very surprised the thread has gone on this long without doubting the source.
    I think because it's pretty much really blatant that Disney is not changing everything. The OP has no source other then then the DisneyStore, but that doesn't mean everything will change.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I can vouch for the claim that the Disney Princess dolls have a different look--both from Mattel AND the Disney Stores, which have their own manufacturers. Cinderella seems to be the first Disney heroine they decided to mess around with. Yes, it's subtle. But I don't like what they've done. It's like changing Mickey's buttons around on his red shorts--like maybe adding four when their were originally just two. Why do something that isn't necessary. Characters start out with specific details in their costuming and after a point they shouldn't change. I Know that even Mickey has gone through some changes but at least those were approved by Walt.

ORDDU: A few changes here and there may seem harmless enough. But over a period of time the characters may not be recognizable if too many changes keep coming. Again I ask, why fix something that's not broken?

• formerly very helpful

Honestly, the characters inthe parks have NEVER been identical to the characters from the movies. Already, depending if you're watching Fantasmic, or a parade, or meeting these gals in the park, their dresses and even hair will vary. Translated into a human being, I don't think the princesses will really look too different than what we have seen before.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast