Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• DL College Program 97/98

Re: Princesses to look like CP look

Enh... they don't look that different to me, but I'm a guy.

At least it's not heroin Minnie and pals...
    http://thelook.today.com/_news/2012/...r-fashion?lite

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by sgtfox View Post
    LOL! Literally laugh out loud moment reading that "heroin" comment! Well played sir!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, you don't have to be a woman to notice the subtle differences. To say that because you're a guy means you won't notice anything is a rather sexist comment to make.

ORWEN: I agree that the parks haven't always been faithful to the original looks of the animated characters. Prince Phillip, for example, wears a costume that only slightly resembles what he wore in the movie. But I never liked that either. So just because they haven't been faithful in the past doesn't mean I'm gonna' approve of even more changes that take the characters further away from what they should look like.

• Inappropriate

Cinderella's hair looks off, other than that I'm fine with this.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

They really shouldn't try to change the princesses! My sisters and I are really upset that they are giving in to the images that little girls get now, they're only trying to keep updated so girls still want to play with the dolls. Our genenration (not that long ago) had no problem with them the way they looked before, even though everyone was playing with barely dressed pop star barbies. I just think they look too cute now. All the curly hair. I might be taking the change a little too much to heart though.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Really, nothing has changed since 1985 -- trendy hair on Princesses is just more Eisner-style marketeering. It's the same M.O. as when marketing major Gary Krisel, head of Disney Music in the 1980's, had a hit with the "Disco Minnie" single and merchandise campaign. Eisner made him head of Disney TV Animation -- a division where marketing drove everything they did.

Year in and year out, you can count on two things from Disney marketeering: 1) they always try to overlay what's hot today on the Disney brands of yesterday, and 2) they rarely exhibit good taste or respect for the brands they're hyping.
    As usual, you hit the nail on the head. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by CatchAPairO View Post
    we cant just say no to every change.
    Yes, and the fact that I said "do not want" in reference to an updated princess look, clearly means that I want to "say no to every change."

---------- Post added 09-16-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I think because it's pretty much really blatant that Disney is not changing everything. The OP has no source other then then the DisneyStore, but that doesn't mean everything will change.
    If you read the OP, the OP's source is entertainment performers at WDW. The OP is a known former CM at WDW, so while certainly not conclusive, it's also not that far fetched to believe that there's an element of truth to what the OP has been told.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

honestly can we just close this thread since, this isn't going to happen, and the title of this thread deeply bothers me.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Actually it is the offical new look, even coming to the parks

• Minion

ORDDU: At first glance, this might not seem like a very important issue. But what they're actually doing affects character integrity and that's something that should NEVER be messed with. Where will it end? What if someone else comes along who decides to make even more changes? It's just very wrong and very disturbing to Disney character purists--

ORWEN: --and to the Disney characters, themselves! We should know because we're part of the Disney family, too, and some have already expressed their outrage to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: At first glance, this might not seem like a very important issue. But what they're actually doing affects character integrity and that's something that should NEVER be messed with. Where will it end? What if someone else comes along who decides to make even more changes? It's just very wrong and very disturbing to Disney character purists--

ORWEN: --and to the Disney characters, themselves! We should know because we're part of the Disney family, too, and some have already expressed their outrage to us!
    Very well put! I couldn't agree with you more. Even if you're not a fan of the princesses, everyone here loves disney for many reasons. Changing the characters everyone has grown to know and love means they are willing to mess with much more.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Sam4D23 View Post
    Actually it is the offical new look, even coming to the parks
    What is your source that the character design for the in park characters is changing. I have asked around and as far as I have learned this is simply not reality.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

ORWEN: See! You DO care, KingEric, duckling! You're just a closeted princess freak like so many others are! I hope you're right with what you said because I'm sick and tired of having my fantasies messed around with--along with my realities! I think you and I should start up a petition to be sent to Disney, demanding that they not fool around with princess integrity!! If they don't take us seriously, I propose that we all dress up like our favorite princess and start up a walking protest all over the world that makes the Million Man March look like a drop in a bucket. You and I would make the best team--ever--for supporting the integrity of the Disney princesses! We could make all kinds of public appearances while proudly wearing tiaras and fluffy gowns!! Let's go guy!!!!!

• Suspended

People of that OTHER "MAGIC"al site who are hang out with toons all day, also have stated that Cindy IS the first one getting the new look w/ other Princesses to follow. Just accept that CMs in disguise and former CMs are better sources sometimes.

• Minion

Changing up their look on merchandise is one thing, but it's completely absurd to go messing with their "authenticity" when it comes to princesses in the park. Their clothes and hair look a certain way in their movies, and that's the way they should be represented in the parks. I mean, what are they going to do next, go back into the movies and reanimate Belle's hair to look curly and untamed, and put flyaways in Cinderella's and Jasmine's perfectly groomed coiffures?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Changing up their look on merchandise is one thing, but it's completely absurd to go messing with their "authenticity" when it comes to princesses in the park. Their clothes and hair look a certain way in their movies, and that's the way they should be represented in the parks. I mean, what are they going to do next, go back into the movies and reanimate Belle's hair to look curly and untamed, and put flyaways in Cinderella's and Jasmine's perfectly groomed coiffures?
    Or go back into Snow White and add breasts to her flat-chested figure so she'll look like the walkaround character in the park today?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast