Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Thumbs down Princesses to look like CP look

Word is from my friends, who are "friends" w/ certain toons, that the Princesses (and Princes?) WILL be going to the new Lady Of The Night/Snooki look done by Consumer Products. If this comes to pass I AM DONE. Walt Disney's Cinderella does NOT have matty hair like she just got outta bed and Eisner's Belle does NOT have a come hither look w/ Housewives hair.......This will destroy our childhood memories more than any closed ride.

Re: Princesses to look like CP look

I don't get it... what?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I don't get it... what?
    I second that. Huh?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    the new Lady Of The Night/Snooki look done by Consumer Products.
    What is this look you refer to? Did Disney release some kind of "Bratz" style line of princess dolls? Without more background or any kind of substantiation, this sounds like pure rumor to me...
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Closed Account

Ugggh. That new look that Consumer Products rolled out over the summer. Will be official in Fall. Line and images are already in DisneyStore and there was a whole thread about it on DVDizzy.com

---------- Post added 09-13-2012 at 10:38 PM ----------

They basically look like a cross between Bratz and Real Housewives

Can you tell us what specific "look" you're referring to? Dolls | Toys | Disney Store

The Animator's Collection? I have a hard time believing they'd be able to effectively recreate that look on a real human being (especially one that's 16 or older).

The "Singing" look? Other than maybe slightly different wigs I'm not sure how that would result in concrete changes to the characters' appearance... The main thing that sticks out in that "look" is an absurdly large head in relation to an absurdly narrow waist.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Images please?
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Closed Account

Cinderella | Disney Store

---------- Post added 09-13-2012 at 11:17 PM ----------

Belle | Beauty and the Beast | Disney Store

Oh. Ugh. Do not want.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Are we talking about the artwork that features the princess at the top? I mean it looks a tad different, but to me it's just a different stylized interpretation.
    Jeff Wayne

• Closed Account

Yes, that is THE OFFICIAL new redesigned Princess look per The Powers That Be at Consumer Products and I assume Iger. The original 1937, 1950, 1959, 1989, 1991, 1992 designs of said Princesses are HISTORY. No more tradition for Iger to worry about.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Yes, that is THE OFFICIAL new redesigned Princess look per The Powers That Be at Consumer Products and I assume Iger. The original 1937, 1950, 1959, 1989, 1991, 1992 designs of said Princesses are HISTORY. No more tradition for Iger to worry about.
    I think we will have to wait a couple of years to see if this is true. This means they would have to change every piece of Princess Merchandise.
    Jeff Wayne

• Closed Account

They are already doing it. Look at the DisneyStore site. Walt Disney's 1950 Cinderella has been replaced by a marketing nightmare.

• Nic

Oh, come on now. It's simply a different style of the princesses, and I highly doubt that's the new official princess look.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Closed Account

The Real Housewives of Disney. Get ready for this to be the new show/Meet n Greet/Parade character look!
    The Disney Princesses' New Looks.... Good or Bad? [IMAGE HEAVY]

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast