Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• former CM

Thumbs up TRADER JOE'S is coming to. . .

. . .Naples, Florida, 195 miles away. (Groan!)
    http://blogs.orlandoweekly.com/index...ng-to-florida/
    BUT, that might mean there will be one in Orlando in 2-7 years. Hopefully.

Could you imagine the lines if one were built in Downtown Disney,
    and the opportunity for Trader Joe's to create positive awareness among literally millions of WDW guests from Joeless cities who might then be interested in visiting one in their hometown?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-14-2012 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Fixed the Orlando Weekly link (From Sept. 2011)

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: TRADER JOE'S is coming to. . .

Trader Joe's has the best cheese, chocolate milk, diet sodas, everything. Mother of...
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I still can't believe it has taken this long to come to Florida.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Pilot EdForceOne

Why are we posting about a grocery store in the WDW forum?

I get the attempt at humor regarding the trader joe's bar in DL.. but all this will do is confuse people.

This 'trader joes' is about the grocery store.. nothing to see here.. move along
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Why are we posting about a grocery store in the WDW forum?

I get the attempt at humor regarding the trader joe's bar in DL.. but all this will do is confuse people.

This 'trader joes' is about the grocery store.. nothing to see here.. move along
    Bossy much?

One decision I go back and forth over is whether or not to rent a car at WDW. Food plays into this decision, and if there were a Trader Joe's in the Orlando, we'd be less likely to use Magical Express. So it pertains to WDW. I'd love to send Trader Joe's a copy of a thread that shows enthusiasm for a location near WDW. They also opened one on Sarasota, so there is Floridian momentum.

I'm not alone. Here's a Facebook page dedicated to bringing a Trader Joe's to Orlando:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-...11492512207720

Bringing a reasonably priced beet salad into a WDW park would be nice.

P.S. No humorous reference to D land's Trader Sam's bar was attempted, but I'm glad that Sam's business hasn't been shrinking.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 09-14-2012 at 09:02 AM.

• Mkcoastie

[QUOTE=jcruise86;1056837872]
    Bringing a reasonably priced beet salad into a WDW park would be nice.
    QUOTE]

I know it's not cheap, but i do love the beet salad at Sunshine Seasons in the Land. Yum.

• Circle of Ancients

Trader Joe's is one of our favorite stores. These days we do a great deal of our shopping there and at Fresh and Easy.

Having one close to WDW for those of us that rent a car and like to have snacks in the room would be awesome!!!

If it takes off in Naples I don't even think it would take that long to get to Orlando. The chain is expanding at a great rate while still keeping it's small-chain feel. That's very hard to do and I hope it doesn't change.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by mkcoastie View Post
    . . . love the beet salad at Sunshine Seasons in the Land. Yum.
    Thanks! I just added that to my Epcot list.

• I'm a Lutheran

It most certainly is an expanding store line. The one in very close proximity to my house strangely just let go a bunch of old workers and hired a bunch of young ones. I'm not sure if that is considered expansion or what, but it was a rather big change for one who has been going to the same exact store for the past, what, fifteen years?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

And the Trader Joe's brand orange juice is bottled by the same folks who ran the Citrus House and Sunkist I Presume in Disneyland years ago. So there's even a Disney connection for you!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    It most certainly is an expanding store line. The one in very close proximity to my house strangely just let go a bunch of old workers and hired a bunch of young ones. I'm not sure if that is considered expansion or what, but it was a rather big change for one who has been going to the same exact store for the past, what, fifteen years?
    Do you know the details of why the employees left? I only ask because Trader Joe's has an reputation as (compared with their competitors) as an excellent company to work for--at least in my part of Los Angeles. Still even here, stores each have different vibes, and I'm sure that with so many stores there's one that's not as good as the others, but that's true for every chain.

There is an interesting Trader Joe's in Manhattan. It had 18 registers going when I was there, and I've heard it's the busiest one in the U.S. I think one in either Downtown Disney would be unusually successful too, though I'd like Disney to demand a $5 per bottle Mickey Tax on each bottle of two buck chuck (
    Charles Shaw wine which sells for $2 a bottle in S. California.) I'm pretty sure there won't be a Trader Joe's in a Downtown Disney in coming decades, but within a mile would be great. When we travel to different American cities we consider ourselves at home if there is a Trader Joe's. (Yes, we're open to local cuisine too.)

• Mr Test Track

Look up Wegmans! It is AMAZING!!! The one that I know has 2 stories, a whole area based around foods around the world and the size of the store reminds me of Costco!

• former CM

I did just look it up and noticed that one Yelp reviewer compared it to Disneyland.
    It sounds like a great chain, and I hope it expands out of the NE down to Orlando and across to California and maintains its stratosheric standards!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Wegmans is better overall IMO.. Trader Joes is more specialty/niche. We have both here. Wegmens looks like a premium store, with everything from food courts, day care, catering, specialty foods, etc.. and yet their standard grocery prices are actually CHEAPER than the main chains like Safeway, Giant, etc.

Its like people drool over the pretzel rolls in World Showcase... wegmans has pretzel dough rolls, sticks, and pretzels In their carry out lunch coolers... not just normal soda/juice/water.. but even have a separate cooler of Mexican Coke-Cola products so you can have the real cane sugar, etc. Little things like that all over..
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Dreamer

I am a bit confused. The Naples store opened awhile back already. I shopped there in May. I just might have made an excuse for a weekend visit to Naples just so I could go there. I miss TJs as I grew up with them in L.A. Sarasota/Gainesville are the next stores. Rumor has the next bath of stores in either WPB or Ft. Lauderdale. Hoping for the latter.

I sure would love to own a TJs just outside WDW/US. Talk about a goldmine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast