Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Mermaids coming to POTC - finally confirmed by Disney Blog

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'm sorry, but the thread title is misleading. This has in no way been confirmed by the blog. All they said was that something from Pirates 4 was coming to the ride, but not what it was.
    The change has been rumored as coming for many months - this is the confirmation that change is actually coming. If it's not mermaids, sure you can say the title needs some work.. but I'll even put a bet in escrow if you want
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• -

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The change has been rumored as coming for many months - this is the confirmation that change is actually coming. If it's not mermaids, sure you can say the title needs some work.. but I'll even put a bet in escrow if you want
    It's confirmation that a change is coming, yes. Mermaids however were not confirmed. Have they been rumored? Yes. Will it most likely be mermaids? Yes. Have they been confirmed? No.

Just because the popular theory is out there, it does not mean that it will come to fruition. A year ago they were saying the iPhone 5 was coming out, but the announcement from Apple was only the 4S.

While it will probably be mermaids, I'll wait until it is acutally confirmed.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

An overnight install of a new animatronic is not really a historical norm for WDI.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

I've heard that they've actually been testing it out in the attraction after hours for quite some time now. Some say that they seen black cloth near where the talking skull was.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Closed Account

I'm looking forward to it. The only thing I'm concerned about is hoping it doesn't interfere with other show scenes.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Just because the popular theory is out there, it does not mean that it will come to fruition
    It's not a 'popular theory' - it's LEAKED INFORMATION. Big difference.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I have not seen any concept art but when I read this blog post I immediately thought "mermaids".

Will I like it? It might be an entertaining distraction for awhile but I almost think Pirates should do what Haunted Mansion does... have the movie version during the summer and then back to normal the rest of the year (for Disneyland).

The blog post says MK though without mention of Disneyland. Perhaps this is a "wait and see how audiences react".

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• -

It's not a 'popular theory' - it's LEAKED INFORMATION. Big difference.
    Leaked by whom? If its not from an official source, then to me it is still nothing more than popular theory.
    Last edited by calsig31; 09-20-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I have not seen any concept art but when I read this blog post I immediately thought "mermaids".
    You mean like this?

---------- Post added 09-20-2012 at 06:13 PM ----------

Leaked by whom? If its not from an official source, then to me it is still nothing more than popular theory.
    Leaked by posters with long long histories of insider information that is not publicly known.

There is a world outside of Micechat when it comes to Disney... especially WDW.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    As stated, there is a narrative structure to Pirates of the Caribbean. It is not a deliberate, three act structure as Disney has become fond, but the narrative is there to be read. What the attraction lacks is some big ridiculous backstory that prescribes a specific for each instance. There is no Imagineering coffee table book which will give us the Auctioneer's name and history, that is left for us, but is not of concern for the morality tale that is at the heart of Pirates of the Caribbean.
    This is an excellent way of summing it up. Marc Davis said, "We really don't have a story, with a beginning, an end, or a plot. It's more a series of experiences building up to a climax. I call them experience rides." I think what HM and PotC (at least the original versions) do perfectly is put you in an experience with a rough narrative framework that allows you to fill in the gaps and really make yourself a part of the story. (i.e.: Interactivity!) The attractions don't and aren't supposed to have rigid plots that are spelled out for you along the way (i.e.: just about every attraction that Eisner oversaw) but there is a basic narrative flow that is suggested by the progression of scenes and allows us to make sense of the attraction. I wish WDI still did that. They don't trust/respect the audience enough anymore and feel like they have to spoon-feed us, which is unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    To be honest I would be more upset if this were happening at Disneyland and i am saying this with WDW as my "Home" resort.
    I just wish they would stop with adding movie stuff to the ride. It was better without it.
    Totally agree with both of these.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

By looking at the concept, it looks interesting...
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

There is a world outside of Micechat when it comes to Disney... especially WDW.
    Blasphemy. Off with his head!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• -

Leaked by posters with long long histories of insider information that is not publicly known.
    However, these are still sources that can't be verified. If it is not from a verifiable source, how can we call this confirmed? Like our great 40th president said, "trust, but verify."

There's no confirmation that it will be mermaids. They did confirm that there will be changes to the attraction of some type.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    There's no confirmation that it will be mermaids. They did confirm that there will be changes to the attraction of some type.
    Exactly.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast