Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Hello Dolly.

Re: Lights Motors Action! Meets it's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I really think DHS could benefit from having a land, comparable to Cars Land in quality and size, that isn't Cars Land.
    I agree. Disney resorting to using Cars Land again so soon just shows their laziness in my opinion.

They can come up with something just as great that isn't Cars Land. Doesn't even have to be an original land/ride, which I'm sure it won't be.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    They can come up with something just as great that isn't Cars Land. Doesn't even have to be an original land/ride, which I'm sure it won't be.
    And I'm sure whatever it is won't fit the theme of the park, either. Cars Land sure doesn't.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I keep saying that they need to built Monstropolis, if not that then I'm all for Carsland in Hollywood Studios. I'm so done with LMA and will not shed a single tear when it's taken apart and torn down.
    Agreed, but honestly Cars Land is not what DHS needs. It is what TDO is willing to give the park in a feeble attempt to fix the park with one addition. The problems with DHS goes far beyond needing another thrill ride. The problems with DHS would require a rethink of the entire park (like DCA got with changing every area into a classic recreation of California of the past), and TDO is not willing to do this which is sad. I'll take Cars Land over nothing, but I would much rather they actually fixed what is wrong with the park not add another addition that messes the park up even more.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Agreed, but honestly Cars Land is not what DHS needs. It is what TDO is willing to give the park in a feeble attempt to fix the park with one addition. The problems with DHS goes far beyond needing another thrill ride. The problems with DHS would require a rethink of the entire park (like DCA got with changing every area into a classic recreation of California of the past), and TDO is not willing to do this which is sad. I'll take Cars Land over nothing, but I would much rather they actually fixed what is wrong with the park not add another addition that messes the park up even more.
    This. This x100.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    And I'm sure whatever it is won't fit the theme of the park, either. Cars Land sure doesn't.
    Carsland can fit because it's simply bringing a movie setting to life, for you to experience first hand rather than through the movie screen. It's really no different than the Honey I shrunk the Kids playset in that mind.. the park was about movie magic and the classic hollywood that created that movie magic. Building carsland would transport you into that movie setting.

The only difference really is that cars is an animated film, vs the idea of a live action set in the movie.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Carsland can fit because it's simply bringing a movie setting to life, for you to experience first hand rather than through the movie screen. It's really no different than the Honey I shrunk the Kids playset in that mind.. the park was about movie magic and the classic hollywood that created that movie magic. Building carsland would transport you into that movie setting.

The only difference really is that cars is an animated film, vs the idea of a live action set in the movie.
    That's a bit of a stretch. It's like saying we can put Brave in Animal Kingdom cause it has a few bears in it.

Also, you're basing it off being a movie set, but Cars didn't have a movie set, they had computers.

Cars Land just doesn't fit with WDW, and should be kept unique to California.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

If you think about it, it's the same way with the Great Movie Ride. "We're taking you into the movies"
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    DHS is a movie park. Last I checked, Cars was a movie. I don't see the problem. In fact, it fits better thematically in DHS than DCA. Radiator Springs is in Arizona, not California.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well last time I checked DHS has no cohesive theme, and is a giant mess.

So personally I would love for DHS to have a General Manager and a support management team at TD have a clear long term vision and strategy for this park. And people who are vested and want to see it through to completion.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    DHS is a movie park. Last I checked, Cars was a movie. I don't see the problem. In fact, it fits better thematically in DHS than DCA. Radiator Springs is in Arizona, not California.
    I really don't get the logic in this. You're saying that just because DHS is about movie-making, anything that is a movie, can fit there perfectly. DHS is about movie-making, a theme they haven't kept so true to in the past few years. Why invest a billion dollars into a land that doesn't fit the theme of the park? They should be spending that billion dollars on attractions and lands that go back into the original theme of the park.

I know many people have been making the case that Disney could make it seem like you're visiting the set of Cars, but then how would you tie in all the shops and food? Movies don't usually have working shops and diners when they're filming. At California, you actually get the feeling you're stepping into Radiator Springs, rather than just observing it as a movie set.

Radiator Springs, is the epitome of ghost towns in the Southwest on Route 66. These ghost towns can be found in California, New Mexico, and Arizona. Sure, it may not be exactly in California, but it's an accurate representation of cities found in California.

I just don't see how you can say Radiator Springs fits the theme of DHS more than California Adventure.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I also think that Cars, being a movie, thematically fits into a park about movies. Especially when that park at least in name has a land dedicated to Pixar films and Cars is two of those. I don't think Cars land or Radiator Springs Racers should come to the park because as it stands now, Radiator Springs Racers is the only reason I would consider visiting California Adventure. That park needs more exclusive attractions besides Grisly River Rapids. Yes it also Has California Screamin' but that's just a bare roller coaster and pretty much every other bare roller coaster in the country is closer to me than California Screamin'. California adventure needs great exclusive attractions to get people more interested in going there. It needs more rides that people can't get anywhere else. It can't just be a clone dumping ground. It doesn't matter if its Radiator Springs Racer came first, as soon as there is a second one they will both be seen as clones as far as the casual guest is concerned. If that attraction gets built in Florida, I no longer need to visit California Adventure. The park just doesn't have the charm to draw me in the way both Disneyland and The Magic Kingdom can despite their similarities.

When EPCOT Center was built Disney was worried that people wouldn't come because they didn't know what an EPCOT was. That's how I feel about California Adventure. I don't know what that park is supposed to be. I understood the crappy old concept when it was supposed to be the not Disneyland parts of California that tourists visit (aka the worst and most blatantly greedy park concept ever) but I don't know what the New California Adventure is supposed to be. Something about Walt and the 20s, but The Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc is there?

Anyway, Disney Hollywood Studios has its own problems, none of which can be fixed by adding a single ride or land. The front of the park and Sunset Blvd are ok, but even they have their issues. The rest of the park needs a very drastic overhaul.

Oh, I also never saw Lights Motors Action and wasn't too interested in doing so. I don't mind seeing it go as long as something replaces it. The last thing that park needs is a big vacant amphitheater.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

I really don't get the logic in this. You're saying that just because DHS is about movie-making, anything that is a movie, can fit there perfectly. DHS is about movie-making, a theme they haven't kept so true to in the past few years.
    They haven't kept true to the movie-making theme because that isn't the park's theme anymore. Hasn't been for years. It's just a "Hollywood" park with a mish-mash of filmed entertainment properties. There's no point in continuing to keep up the, "We make movies here" farce, and they know that. That's why they're supposedly willing to ditch the tram ride finally.

Even Universal moved away from the actual studio theme long ago, despite the fact that they still film things there.
    Last edited by JtnOrl; 09-21-2012 at 10:32 AM.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by JtnOrl View Post
    They haven't kept true to the movie-making theme because that isn't the park's theme anymore. Hasn't been for years. It's just a "Hollywood" park with a mish-mash of filmed entertainment properties. There's no point in continuing to keep up the, "We make movies here" farce, and they know that. That's why they're supposedly willing to ditch the tram ride finally.
    I'll truly give up all the hope I had for DHS if they take the lazy way out and make it a full fledged movie park. Say they do; I can maybe see Cars Land working, but it still should be kept exclusive to California. It gives people a reason to visit Disneyland, something we haven't had in quite some time.
    Fear of the unknown.

• Pilot EdForceOne

That's a bit of a stretch. It's like saying we can put Brave in Animal Kingdom cause it has a few bears in it.
    Uhh.. no - you missed the logic all together. I suggest you go back and study more what DHS was built as.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• -

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Uhh.. no - you missed the logic all together. I suggest you go back and study more what DHS was built as.
    Actually, his logic is pretty accurate. Eisner’s dedication:
    The World you have entered was created by The Walt Disney Company and is dedicated to Hollywood—not a place on a map, but a state of mind that exists wherever people dream and wonder and imagine, a place where illusion and reality are fused by technological magic. We welcome you to a Hollywood that never was—and always will be.
    —Michael Eisner, May 1, 1989
    It says the park is dedicated to Hollywood meaning the movie making business, not a dumping ground for anything based on a movie. Things like Lights, Motors, Action, Indy stunt show, the Great Movie Ride would all fall into the category of making movie magic. Things that wouldn’t fit would be Midway Mania, Star Tours, and (if they lack the creative vision enough and clone it) Cars Land.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast