Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Nic

Re: Lights Motors Action! Meets it's death.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, his logic is pretty accurate. Eisner’s dedication:

It says the park is dedicated to Hollywood meaning the movie making business, not a dumping ground for anything based on a movie. Things like Lights, Motors, Action, Indy stunt show, the Great Movie Ride would all fall into the category of making movie magic. Things that wouldn’t fit would be Midway Mania, Star Tours, and (if they lack the creative vision enough and clone it) Cars Land.
    Beat me to it.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, his logic is pretty accurate. Eisnerís dedication:

It says the park is dedicated to Hollywood meaning the movie making business, not a dumping ground for anything based on a movie. Things like Lights, Motors, Action, Indy stunt show, the Great Movie Ride would all fall into the category of making movie magic. Things that wouldnít fit would be Midway Mania, Star Tours, and (if they lack the creative vision enough and clone it) Cars Land.
    There is nothing in the Great Movie Ride about making the movies except for the spiel at times (like the Casablanca segment). It's about celebrating iconic movie moments/scenes/characters and puts the guests into those moments. Just like putting guests INTO Carsland (and not just a cars attraction) would fit as well.

The park celebrated more than just the behind the camera magic - as the GMR, the anchor E-Ticket for opening day illustrated. In celebrating hollywood, they were celebrating their films as well.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It's about celebrating iconic movie moments/scenes/characters and puts the guests into those moments. Just like putting guests INTO Carsland (and not just a cars attraction) would fit as well.
    Hmm, so you're saying they could put any land based off a movie into the park?

Wow, that means we can finally bring the World of Pandora to DHS! Oh, and while were at it, why not add a TRON land as well!

Seriously though, DHS isn't about the movies, it's about what goes into the movies.
    Last edited by Chesire; 09-21-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post

Wow, that means we can finally bring the World of Pandora to WDW! Oh, and while were at it, why not add a TRON land as well!

Seriously though, DHS isn't about the movies, it's about what goes into the movies.
    Enough, please.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1971 View Post
    Enough, please.
    I'm sorry, what am I doing?
    Fear of the unknown.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I also think that Cars, being a movie, thematically fits into a park about movies. Especially when that park at least in name has a land dedicated to Pixar films and Cars is two of those. I don't think Cars land or Radiator Springs Racers should come to the park because as it stands now, Radiator Springs Racers is the only reason I would consider visiting California Adventure. That park needs more exclusive attractions besides Grisly River Rapids. Yes it also Has California Screamin' but that's just a bare roller coaster and pretty much every other bare roller coaster in the country is closer to me than California Screamin'. California adventure needs great exclusive attractions to get people more interested in going there. It needs more rides that people can't get anywhere else. It can't just be a clone dumping ground. It doesn't matter if its Radiator Springs Racer came first, as soon as there is a second one they will both be seen as clones as far as the casual guest is concerned. If that attraction gets built in Florida, I no longer need to visit California Adventure. The park just doesn't have the charm to draw me in the way both Disneyland and The Magic Kingdom can despite their similarities.

When EPCOT Center was built Disney was worried that people wouldn't come because they didn't know what an EPCOT was. That's how I feel about California Adventure. I don't know what that park is supposed to be. I understood the crappy old concept when it was supposed to be the not Disneyland parts of California that tourists visit (aka the worst and most blatantly greedy park concept ever) but I don't know what the New California Adventure is supposed to be. Something about Walt and the 20s, but The Little Mermaid and Monsters Inc is there?

Anyway, Disney Hollywood Studios has its own problems, none of which can be fixed by adding a single ride or land. The front of the park and Sunset Blvd are ok, but even they have their issues. The rest of the park needs a very drastic overhaul.

Oh, I also never saw Lights Motors Action and wasn't too interested in doing so. I don't mind seeing it go as long as something replaces it. The last thing that park needs is a big vacant amphitheater.
    The same can be said for WDW in general. ToT, Soarin, TLM, TSM, Muppetvision, it's tough to be a bug, Animation academy, and now possibly RSR, LFT, and MJJ are all either clones or were cloned. The real culprate is one Disney crap. I find myself seeing fewer and fewer reasons to fly to Orlando instead of more and more. DCA and Disneyland has had just as many rides cloned to WDW as DLR has cloned from WDW. It so stupid. How about spending enough money to make unique rides? Ridiculous.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• -

I'm sorry, what am I doing?
    Making sense with logical arguements.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Uhh.. no - you missed the logic all together. I suggest you go back and study more what DHS was built as.
    I think bringing up this point is a little off track and you wont get very far with it cheshire, i agree with flynnibus on that point. There is a larger more glaring issue as to why the entire Carsland shouldn't come to DHS, it is completely redundant and stupid to have a cars land directly beside a pixar land. they decided to build the concept of pixar studios and now they should incorporate all of the pixar movies into that area, why does cars deserve its own land outside of that area? it just screams that they had no better ideas/wanted to save money so copy and thats another issue with bringing it over, it takes away some of that unique factor that makes people want to go to DCA. why would i fly out to dca when i can do everything i could out west in florida and then some in double the parks. its just bad business.

BTW why does everyone have something against LMA i think its a great show (minus the part where the cars characters come out) and one of the most exciting shows in the parks. granted the whole metal bleachers thing could have been done a little nicer and it is a long walk to get back into the stands but still i don't have any real problems with the show itself.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Wow, that means we can finally bring the World of Pandora to DHS! Oh, and while were at it, why not add a TRON land as well!

Never rode the great movie ride I see...

Or how about voyage of the little mermaid? Or the hunchback or beast show.. Or f!? Whose calling for those warts to be removed for not being about the magic behind the camera?

The 'making of the movies..' Stuff will be gone before too long anyways.. Taking out the tour will be 90% of that fleeting concept.

I don't mind the lose cohesion.. It's no worse than fantasyland... Something treasured as a classic
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    The same can be said for WDW in general. ToT, Soarin, TLM, TSM, Muppetvision, it's tough to be a bug, Animation academy, and now possibly RSR, LFT, and MJJ are all either clones or were cloned. The real culprate is one Disney crap. I find myself seeing fewer and fewer reasons to fly to Orlando instead of more and more. DCA and Disneyland has had just as many rides cloned to WDW as DLR has cloned from WDW. It so stupid. How about spending enough money to make unique rides? Ridiculous.
    Right, I was saying that with my east coast home park bias but I could see the same thing being true in the other direction. To the average person it doesn't matter which way the attraction was cloned, they will just go to whichever is more convenient. The parks need more unique attractions and California Adventure and Hollywood Studios as parks also need more unique identities. California Adventure has started on that a little bit but is still stuck with a very terrible name and Hollywood Studios needs a similarly huge renovation.

Yes, yes it does. Better there than Pandora at Animal Kingdom and Tron at Tomorrowland. If Hollywood Studios is to me the movie park, let it. If that means that all the other parks won't be movie parks go right ahead, and there's your cohesive theme.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• secure all cargo

Please PLEASE don't clone Carsland or RSR!

As it's been said already, if they want DHS to start having an identity, then hopefully they'll figure out not to "steal" from others. For goodness sake, I really hope they leave DCA alone.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Please PLEASE don't clone Carsland or RSR!

As it's been said already, if they want DHS to start having an identity, then hopefully they'll figure out not to "steal" from others. For goodness sake, I really hope they leave DCA alone.
    Just like how DCA "stole" from DHS Tower of Terror, Muppet*Vision, Animation, Disney Junior, The Entrance Gates, Hollywood Blvd., etc.?

• secure all cargo

posted by WDW1971
    Just like how DCA "stole" from DHS Tower of Terror, Muppet*Vision, Animation, Disney Junior, The Entrance Gates, Hollywood Blvd., etc.?
    Yes from day one I've disliked the fact they ripped off DHS's art-deco entrance, but the rest are past transgressions, so please forgive her of her those errors and lets move on. DCA is becoming the perfect example of learning from prior mistakes, and I can only hope they apply those lessons elsewhere.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• We'll hold them at bay

Anyhting is better than LMA
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Banned User

Never seen it, hope it get going soon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast