Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Lights Motors Action! Meets it's death.

At this point in time, it seems that DHS is transitioning into a park about movies, not making them. After all, the only attractions about making the are the Animation Academy and the stunt shows. Once these are gone, all the rides and shows are celebrating the movies, so it doesn't matter what rides based on movies that they put in. Disney has not run on movies they have made that deserve their own rides. Cars Land is something that should be unique to DCA, it's what will keep people going there. If Cars Land opens at DHS, it will lose it's draw.
    Of course, there's always my way....

• We'll hold them at bay

I just want to get rid of LMA for any reason
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

There was an article on another site about how the DCA people are fighting this idea. They're now looking at doing everything but Radiator Springs Racers (since it is similar to Test Track) or doing a clone of the Star Wars Land that Walt Disney Studios is getting. Personally, I think they should do something based on one of the Pixar films currently without an attraction on either coast: Wall-E, Up (the play area in DCA doesn't count), Incredibles, or Brave.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I just want to get rid of LMA for any reason
    why? its a pretty entertaining show minus the cars scene IMO

• Mr Test Track

I think instead of the Cars Land being put there, they should put a Monsters Inc mini land there. It could have he long rumored roller coaster, they could move the Laugh Floor from MK to that area, and they could have Harry Hausens and a meet and greet area.
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PerrySimon View Post
    I think instead of the Cars Land being put there, they should put a Monsters Inc mini land there. It could have he long rumored roller coaster, they could move the Laugh Floor from MK to that area, and they could have Harry Hausens and a meet and greet area.
    any mini land related to pixar IMO would be a mistake. you have a pixar land, put the pixar attractions in that land and try to have the most movies represented as possible.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    why? its a pretty entertaining show minus the cars scene IMO
    It's gotten pretty long in the tooth, personally I see it so I have something to do waiting on my Toy Story Fast pass to mature.....

While I wouldn't shed a tear, for it or any other stunt show there, I personally enjoyed it when it first came over, it was fresh and pretty neat....now it's just like Jones the repeatability factor isn't there for me IMO....
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    It's gotten pretty long in the tooth, personally I see it so I have something to do waiting on my Toy Story Fast pass to mature.....

While I wouldn't shed a tear, for it or any other stunt show there, I personally enjoyed it when it first came over, it was fresh and pretty neat....now it's just like Jones the repeatability factor isn't there for me IMO....
    I can see where your coming from, i guess i don't experience it enough to not miss it. they have made some minor changes to the stunts over the years but if they did a few more major changes and got rid of the cars aspect then i think it would make it a better experience.

• Minion

Regarding Tron being tossed around in here, why not, in conjunction with Wreck It Ralph, create an area with video games as a subject. It's a medium that isn't already covered in the park and if they were able to get Nintendo, Capcom or Sega on board for additional game licenses...
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Just add Radiator Springs Racers in Pixar Place. Not the whole Cars Land. And while they're at it, why not add in a Monsters Inc. attraction. With the prequel releasing next summer, I'm sure they would want to tie into that.
    Tie-ins like tie fighters get blown up...(breathing)... Clone (attractions) Wars are excactly what we need to improve the (Disney) Empire!!

Seriously though,

I think a Monsters Inc Coaster would be huge...unique to the park...I would hate to see a watered down version of Radiator srprings...In many cases MK got watered down versions of attractions from DL.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post
    Tie-ins like tie fighters get blown up...(breathing)... Clone (attractions) Wars are excactly what we need to improve the (Disney) Empire!!

Seriously though,

I think a Monsters Inc Coaster would be huge...unique to the park...I would hate to see a watered down version of Radiator srprings...In many cases MK got watered down versions of attractions from DL.
    apparently were supposed to be getting a transplant of crush's coaster from Paris or an all new Monsters inc suspended coaster (like the doors from the movie) in the vacant building beside TSMM so heres hoping.

• film975

I could really see them repurposing the semi truck in Catastrophe Canyon into a Cars character. Maybe have other cars characters be a film crew. And we the audience get wrapped up into it.
    Last edited by film975; 10-15-2012 at 10:34 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

apparently were supposed to be getting a transplant of crush's coaster from Paris or an all new Monsters inc suspended coaster (like the doors from the movie) in the vacant building beside TSMM so heres hoping.

Sadly this was something that was once almost green lit (I thought it was fully green lit) then got the plug pulled. It has happened 3 or 4 times with this project.

I have no idea what the real hold up is at this point (part of me thinks there must be something wrong with the structure or something).

But at this point, I would say those are once again on the shelves at WDI.

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 06:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I could really see them repurposing the semi truck in Catastrophe Canyon into a Cars character. Maybe have other cars characters be a film crew. And we the audience get wrapped up into it.
    Sadly I could really see this being the case.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Sadly this was something that was once almost green lit (I thought it was fully green lit) then got the plug pulled. It has happened 3 or 4 times with this project.

I have no idea what the real hold up is at this point (part of me thinks there must be something wrong with the structure or something).

But at this point, I would say those are once again on the shelves at WDI.
    yeah i remember that, however you would assume that DHS would be the next to be looked at with the near completion of the new fantasyland now occurring and in turn another look at 'paused' projects in the area.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

yeah i remember that, however you would assume that DHS would be the next to be looked at with the near completion of the new fantasyland now occurring and in turn another look at 'paused' projects in the area.
    The reason why I think it has to be something besides "bean counters" is that I remember when it was"green lit" back in '07 and permits were filed, crews were about to start, and then nothing.

I still think that it comes down to the fact that there is something wrong with the structure. That it is a sound building for daily activities, but not to have another structure built inside.

Again, I don't know anything 100% but it is the only thing that really has made sense to me.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast