Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Mr Test Track

Lights Motors Action! Meets it's death.

I was wondering if this was true or was just a rumor. I read that next year they will close LMA for Cars Land. That would make me mad. Can anyone confirm please?
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Lights Motors Action! Meets it's death.

Strong rumor from inside sources. No official confirmation
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

wow i almost hate that as much as the concept of avtarland in animal kingdom. to clarify if this is for just radiator springs racers and not the entirety of cars land then its all fine as long as they find a way to tie it in with the rest of pixar place which Im assuming will mean the end for the backlot tour. the concept of having an entire cars land directly beside pixar land however is so rediculous its unforgivable.

• -

I hope this doesn't happen for two reasons.

One, I love the stunt show. If they are going to theme a park to the business of making movies, that would be the type of attraction to put there, not Cars Land.

Secondly, Disney really needs to stop the cloning. Cars Land and Buena Vista Street have finally given CA Adventure an identity of its own. I say these are things that need to remain unique to that park. Let Disney take what they have learned from creating these great new immersive lands and put it into creating something for Hollywood Studios that is unique to that park and also fits in with the theme.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

The stunt show is mildly entertaining and has terrible seating. I think getting a great E-ticket like RSR would be a great trade-off.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I bet you a dollar they find a way to keep Catastrophe Canyon and re-purose it as part of Radiator Springs Racer.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Heavy Breather

Just add Radiator Springs Racers in Pixar Place. Not the whole Cars Land. And while they're at it, why not add in a Monsters Inc. attraction. With the prequel releasing next summer, I'm sure they would want to tie into that.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I never liked the stunt show to begin with so we won't miss it in the least. We'd actually welcome something much better and Carsland might just be the best replacement.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I keep saying that they need to built Monstropolis, if not that then I'm all for Carsland in Hollywood Studios. I'm so done with LMA and will not shed a single tear when it's taken apart and torn down.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    I keep saying that they need to built Monstropolis, if not that then I'm all for Carsland in Hollywood Studios. I'm so done with LMA and will not shed a single tear when it's taken apart and torn down.
    this!

lets build a new world! And I think the monster world would fit a lot better at the studios
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• WDW will always be home.

This thread title got me excited, and then I saw that it was a rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I bet you a dollar they find a way to keep Catastrophe Canyon and re-purose it as part of Radiator Springs Racer.

Because I think you're right.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Is there a reason why they shouldn't include catastrophe canyon?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Just add Radiator Springs Racers in Pixar Place. Not the whole Cars Land. And while they're at it, why not add in a Monsters Inc. attraction. With the prequel releasing next summer, I'm sure they would want to tie into that.
    A Monsters Inc coaster has been in the rumor mill/planning stages for quite some time. Nothing officially greenlit but I'm hoping the time will come soon.

Dunno if I can still be on board even with just an RSR attraction. Wasn't one of the goals of corporate to get guests to visit BOTH the DLR and WDW resorts? If they keep cloning every little thing that's come out in the past several years, especially the big concept E-tickets, it's gonna make this a lot more difficult to accomplish. This could be one of many downsides of the One Disney Initiative. I say this because of the rumored considerations to give much of DHS a DCA 2.0-type makeover with trolley cars and all. That's kinda pushing it, IMO. The second gates need to be unique as the Imagineers can creatively make them.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Is there a reason why they shouldn't include catastrophe canyon?
    Well, ostensibly, no. Practically, yes, because if TDO does that, I can almost guarantee you that they won't enhance it at all. The coolest thing about Cars Land is the immersiveness and "realness" of it all - and a huge, gigantic, enormous part of that is how real and lifelike the rockwork looks. Catastrophe Canyon is not up to those standards, and so it'd look out of place and cheap as part of Cars Land (assuming that the rest of theoretical DHS Cars Land is of the same quality as the DCA version, which might be a very optimistic assumption).
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Nic

I really think DHS could benefit from having a land, comparable to Cars Land in quality and size, that isn't Cars Land.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast