• Suspended

Talking Is Seven Dwarf's Mine Train WDW's Matterhorn?

Just did a side by side scale comparison of Disneyland's Fantasyland and Magic Kingdom's on Google Earth and saw that the land plot for Seven Dwarf's Mine Train is a little bit larger than that of the Matterhorn. I then got to thinking that maybe this was WDW's answer to the Matterhorn. I know it will definitely not be as tall as the Matterhorn but I'm thinking it could be similar in scale and not just the Barnstormer Plus many of us have though of.

• Minion

Re: Is Seven Dwarf's Mine Train WDW's Matterhorn?

ORDDU: If it is supposed to be the Magic Kingdom's version of the Matterhorn it's certainly a 'dwarfed' version of it--pun intended. But actually, no, it isn't because the dwarf coaster is going to be nothing more than a glorified kiddie coaster at best--at least from what my sisters and I have been reading.

• Nic

I don't believe so. The Seven Dwarves Mine Train is a small, family friendly roller coaster based off of Snow White. Matterhorn is a high in the sky, thrill ride, less family friendly roller coaster based off of the Matterhorn and the legendary Yeti. The only thing the two coasters share are a similar plot of land.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

WDW's Matterhorn is Space Mountain. Same ride system, compatible trains, same type of track, same capacity, just one is space themed and one is alpine themed. (And the track layouts are different)
    -Bill

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

No but it's looking to be a great ride.....hoping we get "this type" of ride at Disneyland not a clone of this ride but the same tech

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: If it is supposed to be the Magic Kingdom's version of the Matterhorn it's certainly a 'dwarfed' version of it--pun intended. But actually, no, it isn't because the dwarf coaster is going to be nothing more than a glorified kiddie coaster at best--at least from what my sisters and I have been reading.
    Why are you running down something that doesn't exist yet? Good grief. If there's something I don't like it's pre-emptive disappointment.

The coaster sounds pretty exciting to me. It implements new technology that allows the carts to tip side to side, something no coaster does currently. What you have probably been reading is endless complaining from people at other forums that have agendas to run down Disney Orlando.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    No but it's looking to be a great ride.....hoping we get "this type" of ride at Disneyland not a clone of this ride but the same tech
    I'd love for this kind of ride to go somewhere in Frontierland, and pay tribute to gold rushing.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB Dash View Post
    It implements new technology that allows the carts to tip side to side, something no coaster does currently.
    The Arrow Dynamics suspended coasters, such as Ninja at Six Flags Magic Mountain, were doing this back in the 1980s. Before it was revealed that the point of movement would be from the top of the car, it was widely thought that Disney might just use one of a few existing models that tilt from the base. It's a twist on something that has been done.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

While I agree in "spirit" that the mine coaster will essentially be the Matterhorn, as far as visually and experience wise it will not
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    WDW's Matterhorn is Space Mountain. Same ride system, compatible trains, same type of track, same capacity, just one is space themed and one is alpine themed. (And the track layouts are different)
    This. The Matterhorn and the Mine Train have absolutely nothing in common other than that they're both coasters in Fantasyland. Completely different ride systems/experiences/theming/everything.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• Metro-Retro Historian

Space Mountain is the Matterhorn. I think if anything the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is Florida's Casey Junior. Though that may seem weird considering that Florida has a Casey Junior... sorta. That water thing counts, right?
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.