A new Mickey Mouse-themed dark ride for WDW's Magic Kingdom

I've been pretty much resigned to Toontown Fair being encroached by Storybook Circus. Then I came across this: another of the many, many abandoned concepts for Disneyland is this: Mickey's Mad House, which would have been part of the abandoned Dumbo's Circusland back in 1976. According to Davelandblog: "Dumbo's Circusland [was to feature] 'Mickey's Madhouse' essentially a wild mouse roller coaster in a dark ride environment, set in the world of early black-and-white Mickey Mouse cartoons (think of the former Mulholland Madness at Disney California Adventure, but indoors, with no clear view of where the track ahead was going)." Wikipedia simply says, "A funhouse adventure featuring clowns and such." But of course, Dumbo's Circusland never came to be, thanks to it being part of Discovery Bay, based on "The Island At the Top of the World", a movie which just plain flopped at the box office.

But now, we have Storybook Circus which took over Toontown Fair, as I just said, Anyway, I think to compensate for the loss of Toontown Fair (and the loss of an opportunity to build Goofy's Motor Mania, a dark ride I thought of in the style of Mr. Toad/Roger Rabbit), I think we should add Mickey's Fun House to Storybook Circus. I renamed it "Mickey's Fun House" to tone down something that would probably not be something associated nowadays with Mickey. The ride would also be more of a general dark ride, albeit one like Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. This version will remove the coaster aspect, for two reasons: first, there is a wild mouse coaster at the Animal Kingdom (Primeval Whirl); and second, there will be several new coasters added to the Magic Kingdom already (okay, one new one will be added, but still...).

Here's a picture of the original planned Mickey's Mad House, to give you an idea:

Unfortunately, I have no information on how to go about doing the ride. Any ideas?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• Minion

Re: A new Mickey Mouse-themed dark ride for WDW's Magic Kingdom

I'd say have it skew towards the horror themed Mickey shorts like Mad Doctor, Lonesome Ghosts and Haunted House and function as a spookhouse. With Toad and Snow White gone, something needs to fill the ecological niche that is "The Child Frightener" that has been left behind in Fantasyland.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I'd say have it skew towards the horror themed Mickey shorts like Mad Doctor, Lonesome Ghosts and Haunted House and function as a spookhouse. With Toad and Snow White gone, something needs to fill the ecological niche that is "The Child Frightener" that has been left behind in Fantasyland.
    I would have 2 problems with that. A the location of story book circus is well, a cirrcus. And my other issue is that I don't think mickey should be assosciated with something that may frighten kids. In all honesty, I just don't think I personally like the attraction. Not to mention that its kinda been costomary for mickey to not really have an attraction of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    I would have 2 problems with that. A the location of story book circus is well, a cirrcus. And my other issue is that I don't think mickey should be assosciated with something that may frighten kids. In all honesty, I just don't think I personally like the attraction. Not to mention that its kinda been costomary for mickey to not really have an attraction of his own.
    What about the proposed Mickey's Mad House I mentioned above (granted, it never got built or anything, but still...)? Or even his house at Disneyland?

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    What about the proposed Mickey's Mad House I mentioned above (granted, it never got built or anything, but still...)? Or even his house at Disneyland?
    Well Mickey's house, though called an attraction, is basically the queue for his M&G. not saying i dont love his house. Mickey's Mad House, was never built. And that was back in the 70's. Mickey's Philharmagic almost has nothing to do with Mickey. my point is, i feel like it would seem odd to me. i feel like it makes more sense for him having multiple cameos in other attractions but thats just me. And its not that i think the idea is bad by any means, i just personally dont like it.

• Heavy Breather

Cirsuss'es are scary. Take a look at the clowns.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Well Mickey's house, though called an attraction, is basically the queue for his M&G. not saying i dont love his house. Mickey's Mad House, was never built. And that was back in the 70's. Mickey's Philharmagic almost has nothing to do with Mickey. my point is, i feel like it would seem odd to me. i feel like it makes more sense for him having multiple cameos in other attractions but thats just me. And its not that i think the idea is bad by any means, i just personally dont like it.
    What about the Mickey Mouse Revue? Granted, it's not about him, but he's there, and in fact, the whole preview of the show is all about the history of Mickey. Here's the complete video of it from Tokyo Disneyland (it's in Japanese, so you've been warned):

However, you can see a script of the original preshow here: Mickey Mouse Revue.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Admittedly, you've got me there.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    Here's a picture of the original planned Mickey's Mad House, to give you an idea:

Unfortunately, I have no information on how to go about doing the ride. Any ideas?
    so Goofy's Sky School indoors?

Quote Originally Posted by JneratorX View Post
    so Goofy's Sky School indoors?
    Well, I guess, except it's a dark ride, not just a roller coaster ride in the dark. However, my idea would be to scrap the roller coaster idea, only because they already have a wild mouse coaster at the Animal Kingdom.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Here's the rough location of the new ride (the area marked inside the yellow):

That area is the Tomorrowland Speedway, but there's something wrong. As you can see by this picture, the Speedway is in plain sight of Tomorrowland. The Storybook Circus entrance sign would have to be moved out several feet, too.

If I put that ride in that area, how could we keep it so it doesn't get seen too much from Tomorrowland?

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Talking Re: A new Mickey Mouse-themed dark ride for WDW's Magic Kingdom

An Epic Mickey ride because the game is dark.It will be a ride where you can join Mickey and Oswald to defeat the Villains and based on the 1st game and the power of 2 and the technology will be like Spider-Man at Islands of Adventure and Transformers the ride at Hollywood.

Play Angry Birds and Minecraft,You guys.