Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

I read on another forum a few weeks ago that the pop-up heads have gone missing from the graveyard scene in the HM.

Now there's video proof:
    Haunted Mansion FULL EXPERIENCE (Regular Queue, Preshow, Ride, and Exit) - YouTube

I don't think they're out being refurbished.

All I can say is WHY?

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Pop-up ghosts removed from the Haunted Mansion???

Name:  mother-of-god-meme.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  25.9 KB

Probably removed by scaring a child and the child's parents threatening a lawsuit. Or something stupid like that.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Dream in wonderful color!

The pop-up heads are still there, I saw them on Saturday. Not popping up but stationary behind the tombstones.. They probably just broke and didn't fix them before HMH opened?
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

The system they run off of is probably broken. They're probably just working on them for the time being.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88
    The pop-up heads are still there, I saw them on Saturday. Not popping up but stationary behind the tombstones.. They probably just broke and didn't fix them before HMH opened?
    I'm talking about WDW (this is the WDW forum), which doesn't have HMH.

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 05:36 PM ----------

Until someone can confirm that they're operating again, I'm assuming the worst.

• Closed Account

They just fixed the bicycle ghosts that were broken for a long time. They'll get around to it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    I'm talking about WDW (this is the WDW forum), which doesn't have HMH.

---------- Post added 10-01-2012 at 05:36 PM ----------

Until someone can confirm that they're operating again, I'm assuming the worst.
    at WDW it is best to assume the worst
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    at WDW it is best to assume the worst
    Especially if you're a hater with too much time on your hands. Really, Haunted Mansion is one of the best maintained things at the park. They will be fixed.

you know what they say about assuming...
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am not a "hater" I am simply a person who looks at things pragmatically, and being friends with people all over Orlando, I normally have a pretty good grasp on the business climate of this city. So I approach planning, and development in this city with the perspective of the people making the decisions, and not fan boys/girls.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Closed Account

Anyone that spends a ton of time talking about WDW online and posts things like "at WDW it is best to assume the worst" obviously has a huge problem with hate. I don't believe you're not a fan. Well you are a certain kind of fan. A fan that derives pleasure from despising something instead of enjoying it.

I wish there could be less of these kinds of Orlando residents on the internet. If you have such huge problems with WDW, I have a suggestion. Next year, instead of wasting your annual pass on yourself when you think things like "at WDW it is best to assume the worst" buy an annual pass for a child who isn't as lucky as some spoiled adult that can go to WDW whenever he wants to and doesn't even appreciate it.

• Metro-Retro Historian

They're probably just getting repairs. They are already way less scary and pop up much slower than they used to. If someone wants to try to try to sue Disney because they didn't know The Haunted Mansion would scare their kid, I would let them just to see how quickly it gets laughed out of the court room.

Lawyer: Your honor, Exhibit A, the ride is called "The Haunted Mansion." Exhibit B, there is no Exhibit B. The defense rests.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• WDW will always be home.

Just rode HM at WDW around midnight this morning - can confirm that the pop up ghosts are working properly and present throughout the graveyard scene. Most likely, that video was recorded during a temporary malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by RB Dash View Post
    Anyone that spends a ton of time talking about WDW online and posts things like "at WDW it is best to assume the worst" obviously has a huge problem with hate. I don't believe you're not a fan. Well you are a certain kind of fan. A fan that derives pleasure from despising something instead of enjoying it.

I wish there could be less of these kinds of Orlando residents on the internet. If you have such huge problems with WDW, I have a suggestion. Next year, instead of wasting your annual pass on yourself when you think things like "at WDW it is best to assume the worst" buy an annual pass for a child who isn't as lucky as some spoiled adult that can go to WDW whenever he wants to and doesn't even appreciate it.
    ...or a fan who has experienced how great WDW can be, used to be, and should be again. I can only speak for myself, but I don't "despise" WDW and I certainly don't derive pleasure from pointing out its flaws. My user description says "WDW will always be home," and that's how I feel about it - like it's my home. I grew up going to WDW, and it pains me to see it in its current state. I left the D23 Epcot 30 event honestly feeling somewhat depressed because the whole event was a celebration of how great EPCOT Center used to be, and it makes me sad that it's not that great anymore. I point out flaws at WDW because I want to see them fixed, not because I get perverse enjoyment out of it. (And I - as well as many of us who share this viewpoint - am not an Orlando resident.)
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

• World Famous Gold Mickey

There was a rumor that Disney rented them out to one of those Haunted Attractions for Halloween. Just anouther way for Disney to get some more bucks.

• WDW will always be home.

Quote Originally Posted by misterdisney View Post
    There was a rumor that Disney rented them out to one of those Haunted Attractions for Halloween. Just anouther way for Disney to get some more bucks.
    This is not true - at least as of last night, they're still in place within the graveyard scene and fully functional.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast