• Pilot EdForceOne

Riding Spaceship Earth with the lights on video!

I don't recall seeing this posted.. but apparently during the anniversary week, micechat and communicore weekly pulled off an event where they got to ride Spaceship Earth with the lights on.. very jealous, but there is video!

check out the ride video

Enjoy!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: Riding Spaceship Earth with the lights on video!

So awesome - I'm so jealous. They still can't seem to get rid of that razor-on-steel sound during the ride, can they?

I can't tell from the video - were there any remnants of the old descent still in place? How about up at the top?
    Last edited by SpectroMan; 10-05-2012 at 10:31 AM.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    So awesome - I'm so jealous. They still can't seem to get rid of that razor-on-steel sound during the ride, can they?

I can't tell from the video - were there any remnants of the old descent still in place? How about up at the top?
    The Cave ceiling is still plainly visible. the video phone scenes are more than likely still behind some of the black curtains. Where the futuristic city used to be there is now a cluster of triangles. but I reckon the blacklight sky is still back there hidden by a curtain.

I would love to be stuck on a ride with the lights on especially Spaceship Earth. Thanks for posting.

I can't believe they put the "Communicore Weekly" name on something with inappropriate discussion towards the end.

Seriously, I don't get upset at this often, but yelling that crap out when children are present is just ridiculous.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I can't believe they put the "Communicore Weekly" name on something with inappropriate discussion towards the end.

Seriously, I don't get upset at this often, but yelling that crap out when children are present is just ridiculous.
    same with me
    but atlestwe have a video
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• I was deleted.

I really enjoyed this event with MieChat and Communicore Weekly last weekend. I can't speak for the experience of the video because my experience was quite different based on who I was riding by. It was a fun "behind the scenes" look at one of the classic Epcot attractions so it was fitting for the finale of the event.

• Mice Chat Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post

We didn't film the video. Someone else did. We can't control other peoples actions (or reactions in this case!).

They just put our CW & MiceChat name on it to give us credit for making the event happen, which was nice of them to do. How many other groups can claim they got something amazing to happen like this?

The ride was also closed for the evening, and it was just our event group that was on the ride, so the only children present were two, and they were cars away from this group.

That being said, it was an amazing event, and I'm glad that folks who came out enjoyed it. The SSE lights on was just the icing on the cake for an amazing evening, and I'm so happy we got to experience it. Communicore Cadets FTW!

• Minion

WOWEE WOW WOW! Thank so much for sharing this!

That said, man, am I glad this ride is usually dark! As fascinating as this look was, it also was really triggering my fear of heights, which it doesn't normally do.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Well, my only quibble is that you should have posted a warning on the language content of the video; but other than that, first whoa, that looked awesome. Second, I thought the descriptions were bad, but the ride-though with the lights on proves it, especially further towards the end of the attraction, with leftovers from the Jeremy Irons ending of the attraction. I hope the sponsor changes their mind about the ending, if they will notice.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Ex-MAPO/WED Cast Member

Great video. I wish I had stayed around for the ride. This brought back memories from 30 years ago of making numerous trips hauling test equipment up and down those stairs without air conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHeimbuch View Post
    We didn't film the video. Someone else did. We can't control other peoples actions (or reactions in this case!).

They just put our CW & MiceChat name on it to give us credit for making the event happen, which was nice of them to do. How many other groups can claim they got something amazing to happen like this?

The ride was also closed for the evening, and it was just our event group that was on the ride, so the only children present were two, and they were cars away from this group.

That being said, it was an amazing event, and I'm glad that folks who came out enjoyed it. The SSE lights on was just the icing on the cake for an amazing evening, and I'm so happy we got to experience it. Communicore Cadets FTW!
    Sorry for being so harsh. It's really cool that you guys got to do this! I know there has been quite a bit of chitter-chatter over other boards over the years about the top, ending part on whether anything exists from the original This video does a great job in giving the answer.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHeimbuch View Post
    Yes. This. 100 times this.

Thanks again, Jeff, George, and the rest of the MiceChat who made this happen! It was truly
    amazing.
    proud member of Rally team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Team Spirit award

I just watched the video again and I LMAO at the fact that someone went so far to bring a high-powered flashlight with them. That shows dedication. Funny thing is, I think I knew what they were looking for.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Doombuggy Rider

Thank You for sharing this great video footage ... who knows when I'll ever make me merry way to Walt Disney World to experience Epcot (& more), but I am (not jealous) grateful for seeing this footage with enthusiastic Theme Park Fans enjoying themselves ...

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor