Thread: R.c.f.d.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

R.c.f.d.

Sorry guys wasn't really sure where to pose this question, Does anyone know if Reedy Creek Fire Dept. hires often?

I have been looking for a place in the fire service (I'm currently Illinois FF2 and just am about to take my national certification test for EMT-P) and thought it'd be interesting to apply there if they have opportunities and see if I got hired...been following on firejobs.com and a couple of other sites but I have never seen or heard about Reedy Creek so I'm wondering how they assign that area seeing as I know most places post typically online, in newspaper, and via flyer, but not sure if Reedy Creek Follows the same procedures...

Sorry again if this is in the wrong place, but the website was down and I'm just looking for more info about the Fire Department that wasn't on their site...Just wondering if there was something special needed to become one of those "Defending the Magic"
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: R.c.f.d.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Sorry guys wasn't really sure where to pose this question, Does anyone know if Reedy Creek Fire Dept. hires often?

I have been looking for a place in the fire service (I'm currently Illinois FF2 and just am about to take my national certification test for EMT-P) and thought it'd be interesting to apply there if they have opportunities and see if I got hired...been following on firejobs.com and a couple of other sites but I have never seen or heard about Reedy Creek so I'm wondering how they assign that area seeing as I know most places post typically online, in newspaper, and via flyer, but not sure if Reedy Creek Follows the same procedures...

Sorry again if this is in the wrong place, but the website was down and I'm just looking for more info about the Fire Department that wasn't on their site...Just wondering if there was something special needed to become one of those "Defending the Magic"
    If there is an opening, it will be posted on RCID's main site.
    Reedy Creek Improvement District - Lake Buena Vista,Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    If there is an opening, it will be posted on RCID's main site.
    Yeah I figured, you just never know you might get lucky with some info that isn't online yet...hopefully they don't do like some of the departments up here and just have a set amount of applications that have to be picked up in person. Those are usually gone within an hour up here.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

I'm sure it wouldn't hurt if you send them a resume.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

You can always check Reedy Creek's union website and see if you can get more info.

Reedy Creek Fire Fighters Association Local 2117 - Reedy Creek Firefighters

I saw you were getting national certification, and I noticed this on the Reedy Creek website
    Please note: The Reedy Creek Improvement District does not recognize reciprocity, national certifications, nor does it accept certifications from other states*.
    But you can challenge the FL exam it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by crlachepinochet View Post
    I saw you were getting national certification, and I noticed this on the Reedy Creek website

But you can challenge the FL exam it looks like.

Oh that's interesting, it's pretty much the same thing here in Illinois, except Illinois far as I know won't even let you challenge their exams. I always found it odd that a State would be allowed to say that your national certs aren't up to snuff..

I'm sure if I can pass the exam here I can do it in another state, but it's just another hoop to jump through...thanks for noticing that though!
    -George S. Patton