Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Test Track to Reopen December 6 at Epcot Center

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I honestly think that image is a photoshopped picture of old test track. I don't think that is actual concept art (concept art usually tries to make it look better than it really is). Will this be a more realistic look at what TT 2.0 will look like? Idk, but no need to call foul based on concept "art" (I thought Mater's Junkyard Jamboree in DCA would be awful based on the concept art, but now I love it). I think Flynnibus was referring to fans on other sites who have called blasphemy based on that one image and won't move on and look at how promising the other concept art looks.

Very doubtful. This artwork is included in a series of concept art for the refurbished TT released by Disney. It would be old to include a photoshopped picture of old TT. But hopefully your are right.

• Insomniac

^Most concept art they release to the public is designed to make it look good. That one particular image shows lighting rigs and other things usually excluded from concept art. This is the main thing that leads me to believe it is a photoshopped image.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Disney Scribe

The new car looks pretty much a Blue old car. I always thought the old ride was a little dull apart from the fast part. I did love the music in the queue and I'm going to miss the Belgian Blocks!!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    It looks so... disappointing. I have had concern that the length of this redo was not long enough. I am almost willing to call this another FL Space Mountain they refrub.... the result being Better then before? Sure. Reaching the potential it should have... Sadly no. Take a look at this artist rendering of the "new" test track.

Ok so they added some blue to the "old" test track but I looks like the warehouse theme is alive and well. Funny, I could swear that was an Imaginneer on youtube saying that the warehouse feel was one of the issues they wanted to address. Maybe I misunderstood, or maybe the TDO budget ax struck again. We will know for sure soon enough. Sorry to be such a Douglas Downer on this one. I keep waiting for Disney (World) to exceed my expectations like they use to, and I am still waiting.

Sigh.
    But look at the photo that was leaked out today...
    https://twitter.com/WDWorldcom/statu...94499475566592

Looks to be the hill to that same area.. and look how different this really looks compared to previous.

I don't put much weight into that one concept art shot..
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Metro-Retro Historian

Is it weird that this had no soft opening or previews? This project has had a pretty tight lid on it, especially compared to what's going on a couple miles north. I hope I'm wrong but the lack of any build up for the reopening kinda has me thinking that there's not really anything too impressive going on here.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    But look at the photo that was leaked out today...
    https://twitter.com/WDWorldcom/statu...94499475566592

Looks to be the hill to that same area.. and look how different this really looks compared to previous.

I don't put much weight into that one concept art shot..
    I'm glad to see that leaked shot, that "concept art" is absolutely a Photoshop of a real picture, I used to work there and recognize way too many little details that shouldn't be there. I was really worried that they weren't making enough changes after seeing that.

Also, just an fyi, those cones down the middle are just an osha requirement so a contractor doesn't fall and snap his ankle in the slot, they are not a permanent show effect.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

• Mr Test Track

If the cones were permenant, they wouldn't come back up...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234