Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Little Mermaid Ride and Queue Video!

ORWEN: At least there's a meet and greet for Ariel in Florida's version of The Little Mermaid attraction. We went and saw her as soon as we got off the ride and told her how much we loved her new digs!!!

WOW! what a bunch of "Moaning Myrtle"s" ! Nothing is ever good enough for you.

Personally I'd rather have a long winging queue with lots of things to hold my interest as I move slowly through the line that I am sure will be there. As for the ride, it looks well made and follows the story. It looks like a great ride and I'm looking forward to riding it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

As for length... Waits were over 30mins at times during the preview

Now they've added fp and now that the word is out.. And the weekend, waits were over 50mins

So unlike dca, you need to have somewhere to wait
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by maddogjoe View Post
    WOW! what a bunch of "Moaning Myrtle"s" ! Nothing is ever good enough for you.

Personally I'd rather have a long winging queue with lots of things to hold my interest as I move slowly through the line that I am sure will be there. As for the ride, it looks well made and follows the story. It looks like a great ride and I'm looking forward to riding it.
    I'm with ya. It's better to allow people to walk through some caves and the castle than to slap the door on the side of the building.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

ORWEN: I can't imagine anybody NOT liking this attraction, actually. It's just so beautiful. But, then, there will always be somebody who doesn't like something no matter how beautiful it is.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Opinions are definitely going to be varied concerning anything that's new. Especially if it's something new at one place that is almost the same at another place. I can understand the queue being inside at Magic Kingdom, considering the fact that Florida is known for it's many rainstorms. This will definitely be a good place to get out of the rain. I look forward to riding the ride when I am in Florida in April.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but someone has already found the 20,000 Leagues tribute in the queue for the ride. I don't want to spoil it (there's a pic online if you search for it), but it's a carving of the Nautilus in the rockwork.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    I know this is slightly off-topic, but someone has already found the 20,000 Leagues tribute in the queue for the ride. I don't want to spoil it (there's a pic online if you search for it), but it's a carving of the Nautilus in the rockwork.
    That has been shared by Disney directly before. But there was supposed to be more. Supposedly you can hear 'whale of a tale' in the queue soundtrack
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Characters are my friends

I've riden 3 times so far. It's a really cute ride (and I love the queue).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Great queue but and I agree that It seems a bit long but with the way that park gets packedand the weather it is probably needed although I wish they had used some of that extra real estate in giving the MK version of the ride a bigger finally scene.

so far this expansion looks great, I wish they would use up the land once occupied by the motor cruise boats or the land used by the fantasyland theater to build something similar that would expand fantasyland a bit.

A large foresty area themed to the Beauty and the Beast section of this expansion would make a great addition to that northern part of Disneyland and if done right would be perfect way to finally add a connecting path to the northern part of frontier land and future expansion land there.

a bit off topic but I find it interesting that the once proposed land for Disneyland "circus land" was finally built in some way at WDWafter so many years

maybe the line is physically as long as it is, not necessarily because they anticipate you to be waiting the whole time in it, but because they need to get you out to the show building?

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    That's the other thing that surprised me was how incredibly long that queue was. Granted there will be a line once it actually opens to the public but it's a line that would be constantly moving. One wonders if it was pointless to make it an interactive queue. I kinda felt like the queue was just as long as the ride.
    I am reminded of the queue for Finding Nemo at Epcot here, BUT:

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'm with ya. It's better to allow people to walk through some caves and the castle than to slap the door on the side of the building.
    This. I experienced the queue myself this weekend, and I really really liked it a lot. Sometimes just soaking in the atmosphere is what WDW is all about. I liked the ride about a billion times more at WDW than I did at DCA, even though the ride itself is the same. Why? Because the queue was soooo immersive, really putting you right into the film, that it makes the entire experience about a hundred times better.

Exactly. I think DCA's fits well for where it is. I like the Nemo queue because it gives you the feeling of walking to the bottom of the ocean (and it does that very well IMO). I feel like this is the same. Walking through the queue builds up to the story and allows guests to adapt to the story. Sort of like Indy at DL, you have to walk through the excavation site before hopping onto the vehicle because it gives you a sense of being there.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Supposedly you can hear 'whale of a tale' in the queue soundtrack
    Yeah that's true. The outdoor queue area with its old sea shanties is quite a nice addition to MK.

• Minion FOREVER!

I've been on the DCA version >20 times (Small kids and I don't mind) since it opened...

Couple of thoughts from viewing the video:
    * It's darker. i.e. spotlights really highlight better. This could be the camera though.
    * Animation of Ursula at the end scene works better; there's also smoke-like projection effect there as well. I would still like to see a projection of the ship going to her (don't show the actual cut) and Ursula "deflating", but this is much better than the current DCA version.
    * No soft serve hair for Ariel. :-) Also her tail is more animated than the DCA version in that scene.
    * Very nice queue. I agree that Prince Eric's castle is a much nicer queue/entry, but wouldn't have worked at all for DCA's PP.
    * No scene stealing turtle in the celebration scene at the end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast