Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

Smile Little Mermaid Ride and Queue Video!

Okay, WDW has pounded the DCA version into the ground with this ride, in terms of the queue though. The ride itself is pretty much the same thing, with the exception of a few things. Again, the queue has put ours in DCA to shame, but the one thing I was looking forward to was a better finale (like a final battle with Ursula or something), but nope, just an added sound effect and more fluidly moving Ursula cutout. But take a dive into this and see you think about it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjqpMOZ3b-M
    Stopping in the middle is
    DISTINCTLY
    UNPATRIOTIC!

• 47 SMs in 2 days baby !

Re: Little Mermaid Ride and Queue Video!

is it open yet? Soft-open?

• Nutty about Disney parks

I do kinda think that the queue is a little bit too elaborate for the actual simple dark ride that TLM is. Anyone else think this? I do agree it's a brilliant queue. Not many E tickets at WDW have a queue of that caliber.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I do kinda think that the queue is a little bit too elaborate for the actual simple dark ride that TLM is. Anyone else think this? I do agree it's a brilliant queue. Not many E tickets at WDW have a queue of that caliber.
    I would rephrase that to say the ride is too underwhelming for the beautiful queue.

Really, its a total shame that WDI is able to design a beautiful queue but couldn't make an equal caliber ride.

• film975

That queue really is amazing. I never expected Disney World's version of the ride to be any different from the California Adventure's. I can't wait to see what the rest of the New Fantasyland will look like when it's all finished. I'm looking forward to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train the most.

• Minion

Yah the queue is great but from what I've seen in dca no time to look at it becuase the line is constantly moving the money should have went to fixing other parts of wdw because the new fantasyland make the rest of the resort look bad, there's no excuse why wdw can't be great because they have shown us they can do better, but know makes the rest of the park look bad. Let's see what the area looks like In a few years with upkeep. IMHO

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    Yah the queue is great but from what I've seen in dca no time to look at it becuase the line is constantly moving the money should have went to fixing other parts of wdw because the new fantasyland make the rest of the resort look bad, there's no excuse why wdw can't be great because they have shown us they can do better, but know makes the rest of the park look bad. Let's see what the area looks like In a few years with upkeep. IMHO
    That's the other thing that surprised me was how incredibly long that queue was. Granted there will be a line once it actually opens to the public but it's a line that would be constantly moving. One wonders if it was pointless to make it an interactive queue. I kinda felt like the queue was just as long as the ride.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

Here are my thoughts from a person whom has only seen the queue and attraction on Youtube from the DCA version and the MK version. I think the DCA one serves its purpose for a seaside pier. The MK clearly has taken the theme directly from the movie itself. The outside is beautiful on both coasts. I do prefer the MK outside though. What I don't see in the ride is that feel or a quality attraction. The attraction seems like just a copy of the movie rather then retelling the story. I hope that makes sense? One of the most epic points in the movie is the demise of Ursula. I wish this was taken into more consideration in the attraction.
    Jeff Wayne

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I think DCA's queue is just fine, since everytime I rode the ride, there never was a long wait. The WDW queue is really great. However, it does seem to be longer than necessary.

• Minion

ORWEN: My sisters and I managed to swoop down into the Magic Kingdom today, Saturday, 10-13, for the soft opening--

ORWEN: --and we all loved what we saw!! After hearing so many complaints about this dark ride we weren't expecting much.

ORDDU: Therefore we were quite surprised that it's much better than certain others would have us believe. We thoroughly enjoyed it and intend to ride it again and again.

ORWEN: We're glad we rode it in the morning, though, because it broke down by early afternoon and some guests were turned away. I think it came back up again at some point. But the whole thing was beautiful. I prefer this and the rest of the new Fantasyland over Harry Potter any day of the week!

I agree it's longer than it needs to be, but I'd rather they have more details than too little.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I've always thought that Prince Eric's castle is a MUCH better exterior for the Little Mermaid attraction. And they certainly did add much better themed queue, also. What a nice surprise. (Just goes to show you how the Pier Theme at DCA continues to drag down the rest of the surrounding area) And the other nice surprise is the change in the hair on King Triton - nice improvement! Wonder if DCA will see that, too?

According to what i saw in the video, i cant wait to see it when i get back down there in a couple months, because it looks grand ! The queue looks long, but has some great stuff to enjoy. Cant see it because the line is going too fast? Let the people by you, slow down and enjoy it ! As for the ride itself, ill make an opinion when i see it live, but i know this.....bad or good, itll be 10x better than any dark ride at a 6 flags park, or a Cedar Fair park !Is the New Fantasyland Harry Potter?...Nope, is it Carsland?....Nope...It is what it is. Enjoy it for what it is. But i know you cant please everyone all the time, but to base such negativity on looking at a video? Sheeeesh......lol

I don't think DCA's is bad. I think it works incredibly well for the land it's in. It's great in it's own sense.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Diva Extrodinaire

The facade and queue for DCA's version fits well with Paradise Pier and I adore the architecture. The grotto and castle for Florida is stunning and majestic, but would not have worked at DCA. That being said, I'm curious to see if the Florida queue is as overbuilt as the one out here, because ours is so overbuilt. They should have taken the extra spot and created a meet and greet for Ariel.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast