Pirates of Caribbean @ WDW sinking and being totally rebuilt soon

Just returned from WDW vacation. While there was telling cast member i preferred DL POTC ride as it was longer and had better experience. Cast member proceeded to tell me that POTC foundation was sinking and ride was about to begin year long refurb and total rebuild. Cast member had no reason to lie as she gave info without asking for it. Glad i had chance to experience and if true hope they make it longer like at DL. Pirates is my fav and would have not been so happy if closed especially if so long. Also she said it was coming soon and could take between 10 - 12 months...seems long for Disney construction.

Re: Pirates of Caribbean @ WDW sinking and being totally rebuilt soon

They say that about the matterhorn at Disneyland too.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Insomniac

CM's make up info all the time... That's all I have to say.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    CM's make up info all the time... That's all I have to say.

yes, and they are adding a loop! Reality check, Dwarf Coaster has been under construction for almost a year now and is not schedule to open until..... 2014! That's right, 2014. A total rebuild of Pirates in 10-12 months? Long for Disney? Hardly. More like unrealistically fast.

I would not bite on this rumor. Just kill it now.

• WDW will always be home.

There is absolutely no way that this has even a shred of truth to it. Bronco is right - CMs make up stuff ALL the time, and that's what this is.
    I knew if this business was ever to get anywhere, if this business was ever to grow, it could never do it by having to answer to someone unsympathetic to its possibilities, by having to answer to someone with only one thought or interest, namely profits. For my idea of how to make profits has differed greatly from those who generally control businesses such as ours. I have blind faith in the policy that quality, tempered with good judgment and showmanship, will win against all odds.
    -Walt Disney

I could of swore I marked the thread rumor...oh wait I did. Maybe the cm was bs'ing but thats what she told me. All rumors start somewhere I'm just disseminating the information to people who want to be in the know. As for construction DISNEYLAND was built in 1y and 1 day so for them to rebuild an existing ride that is somewhat long. Im a COO of a major engineering firm and we have done projects twice as big in quarter the time. With money and man power anything can be done...disney has both.

I honestly dont care if true or not but if it is...boo on you...this newb will be happy to say i told you so .

It's probably the result of standing in a park all day lol

Don't worry about it, there's been threads on this message board about the Matterhorn sinking and leaning and there's been quite of a discussion about it.

Also, welcome to the boards!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by donmega View Post
    I could of swore I marked the thread rumor...oh wait I did. Maybe the cm was bs'ing but thats what she told me. All rumors start somewhere I'm just disseminating the information to people who want to be in the know. As for construction DISNEYLAND was built in 1y and 1 day so for them to rebuild an existing ride that is somewhat long. Im a COO of a major engineering firm and we have done projects twice as big in quarter the time. With money and man power anything can be done...disney has both.

I honestly dont care if true or not but if it is...boo on you...this newb will be happy to say i told you so .
    fair enough, everyone likes to dream but it just doesn't make a lot of sense for numerous reasons. 1) Disney is going to shockingly finish a project in record time unlike anything else they have done recently? 2) theres nothing that can be done without tearing down the entire building and starting from scratch? 3) they are going to build essentially the same building on the same piece of land that gave them issues in the first place? 4) No other attraction in the general area has any issues, only Pirates?

CM's have floated thousands upon thousands of false rumors over the years, they just like to excite the guests and rightfully so. in this case the cm in particular got the date wrong when telling you...as in back during initial construction. most of the adventure land area had issues with extremely swampy lands that needed to be dealt with prior to construction. there were concerns there were sinkholes in the area that would seriously affect the construction (as was seen in the cancelation of the Persian hotel) however everything was fine and pirates remains ok to this day. hope that clears things up for you!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by donmega View Post

Yes and when it opened Fantasyland was mostly tents and wood and lots of stuff wasn't finished including some paint and cement not being dry yet. The construction would not be what takes time. The time consumer would be the animatronic work, the specialized prop painting/prep, and waiting for safety inspections to get done and signed off. Plus if the do a really big refurb like that, it will require weeks (minimum) of testing and dry runs to re-open it.

• Heavy Breather

Oh the crazy things that cast members say.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/