Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Country Bear Jamboree 2012 Edited Version Video

Okay I made a mistake in my earlier topic saying the bears reopened tomorrow. It came out today and WDWMagic has a video of the cut down version of the show:

Re: Country Bear Jamboree 2012 Edited Version Video

In my opinion, I like what they did with the show' aesthetics. It looks better than ever!

In regards to the cuts, I think they helped eliminate a lot of the awkward pauses in the original show (finale, anyone?). I don't like how they cut out a lot of the dialogue, though, and reduced Max, Buff, and Melvin's roles in the show.

Just my two cents.

• Minion

Could've been worse, I guess. The ending is pretty abrupt, though. More from the Department of "Fixing" Things That Ain't Broke.

• Team Hail HYDRA

^ yes i was mad when i found out about the editing
    but weve got to deal with it

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

For those who have never seen it, this will be the normal for them. For those like me, who have seen it many, many times, its just not the same show, but its still a cute, not to be missed attraction. Im sure shortening the show will move more people through the door.

• Musical Fireman

I love this show as much as anyone else does and as the OP of this news I'll give my THREE cents (someone did two). The shows animatronic's are vastly improved and they even fixed Trixie's eye I actually don't mind the edited dialog I think it really helps tighten up the show and flows much better without the awkward pauses. That's just my thought some people might not agree with me but as they say "To each his own". Final grade B much better than I predicted though the finale could have stayed its whole length, best part NO ONE WAS TAKEN OUT and they kept Little Buford.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA
    Last edited by SparkChaser; 10-17-2012 at 01:24 PM.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I'm kinda bummed about the changes because I just started getting into the show and the songs and the music this past year, was hyped to see it in person again as a new "fan" but now I have this edited down version which is fine and all. I'm just happy the attraction is still around period and not gutted out to make another shop.
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 10-17-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Marching along

Congratulations, TDO. You've accomplished exactly what we've come to expect from the Walt Disney Company.

I'm so happy they're offering up the New! Bold! Streamlined! Country Bears Lite (tm), and can't wait to pay the higher prices they're charging for it.

Barf.

Seriously, did they deliberately set out to systematically remove every last trace of whimsy and character from (yet another) WDW classic? Because what we're left with, quite frankly, is a flavorless, bland, unpalatable mess.

Why mess with perfection? Those who loved the show are guaranteed to like this less, and those who never liked the show won't like this version any better anyway.

It's like the most incredible recipies in the world are now being prepared by truly incompetent chefs with a profound, pathological disdain for anything with a hint of spice or originality.

RIP Country Bears. You had a good run.

• I'm a Lutheran

They look great! I especially like Gomer's new look. However...although some of the edits are nice...not all of them are. It seems very awkward and kinda sad in the beginning especially. Well. It's still here. That's one thing to be grateful for.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Thrill Seeker

It is better than the Pooh DL got I will sure tell you that lol.
    My Disney adventures in the USA:

[ FLICKR ] - [ You Tube ]

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Two words:

Rizzo effect.

• Munchings & Crunchings

After seeing this video I have come to the conclusion that it's time for the show to go. Now, I LOVE the Country Bears. Always have. The thing is, I wish they could create a new show that's relevant now. It's just like the MSEP, going on decades old technology. I did notice that the bears looked better than ever, even though the fur looks like carpet instead of hair, but whatever. The problem I have is that the AA tech has vastly improved, and they could really go all out and create more fluid, and faster movements for the bears.

I think this edit was kind of a stop-gap measure. Spend as little as possible to freshen the show, while trying to cut down so people don't walk out, and you can run more shows a day. It's just too little too late for me. It's just a personal thing, I know quite a lot of people who would have just liked the show 100% unchanged. Me, I truly wish for an entirely new show that has more relevant humor and songs, and with today's AA tech for the bears. I do love the folk music they use, and I'm not saying they need to sing contemporary country music, but something more...updated.

The ideal show for me would be one that's randomized with different musical acts that would add to the repeat-ability of the attraction.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

It honestly isn't bad. There is now no lull, and the energy is even from beginning to end.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I only rarely like it when attractions are shortened. It's like giving a guest less than what they had before--all while continually raising the admission prices. If they wanted to change the show we don't fault them for that. But shortening it makes it less worthwhile to even bother with it.

• Marching along

Exclamation Re: Country Bear Jamboree 2012 Edited Version Video

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    It honestly isn't bad. There is now no lull, and the energy is even from beginning to end.
    Actually, ranting aside, I think this an important point to take a creatively critical look at, and I respectfully have to disagree that "even energy from beginning to end" is a good thing.

It was the lulls themselves-- the subtle ebb and flow-- the faster and slower-paced songs and interstitial chit-chat-- that gave the original show its originality, depth, interest and charm.

The original CBJ gave us remarkable insight into the personalities of Henry, Max, Buff, Melvin and all the other performers as well. They were a family-- distinct characters-- going all-out to put on a show, much like Kermit, Piggy, Fozzy etc. from the Muppet Show. You got to know them and love them. The chit-chat gave the characters depth and meaning-- literally brought them to life-- and added to the suspension of disbelief that these were just robots.

Now with all the character development stripped from the show, all that's left is... singing robots. The new Country Bear Jamboree feels like a reunion concert gone wrong. It's sad, shallow and totally devoid of depth. The bears are literally just going through the motions! Just like Chuck E. Cheese (or worse), but a heck of a lot more expensive.

So yes, the new show has "even energy." But without ebb and flow it's much more like a modern pop song than a classical masterpiece.

It used to be you could almost believe the bears were real-- and believe that every show they did was special, that they really enjoyed welcoming you to their playhouse. That's what true Disney Magic used to be all about, creating experiences that transcended and transformed.

But now it feels as if the bears have had enough. They're sick and tired of performing, and they're rushing through it all because they just can't wait for you to leave.

I think TDO truly believes that this is exactly what today's ADD/Walmart audience thinks it wants. And maybe that's true.

WDW used to work so well because experiences as varied as Space Mountain and CBJ provided variety, depth and texture. Now everything at WDW tries to race along at the same super-sugary, high-octane, hyperactive pace. The result is dull, robotic, and mind-numbing. The guest doesn't have a chance to catch their breath, relax, and take it all in.

Trying to make the Country Bear Jamboree speed along at the same pace as Space Mountain is a maddening, disheartening, monumental mistake. It's another chapter in the ongoing trend that reveals so very much about the lack of creative leadership at TDO and the Disney company at large.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast