View Poll Results: LeFou's Brew Love it or Hate it?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT

11 78.57%
  • HATE IT

3 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

LeFou's Brew POLL : Love it or Hate it?

Ok I went to the New Fantasyland Last night and tried LeFou's Brew. So now I want to know from people who HAVE TRIED IT.

Do you LOVE IT?

Do you HATE IT?

Why?

---------- Post added 10-18-2012 at 06:40 AM ----------

Personally I found it to be disgusting. It tasted like a super tart and sweet frozen Martinelli's sparkling cider, mixed with Whipped Cream. I had to throw it away.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Re: LeFou's Brew POLL : Love it or Hate it?

To be honest I didn't really enjoy Butter Beer either, but isn't this supposed to be Disney's take on what most people tend to like at HP? I may have to try it just to try it next time that I'm down there...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I love Butter Beer, but I really did not like LeFou's Brew. Just really hit me the wrong way.

• Banned User

Just so everyone knows, this is the same drink as the Red Apple Freeze at Cars Land. I rather liked it during my trip there! I did get three of them. With that said, it's got nothing on a frozen Butter Beer, which is simply amazing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I jut wasn't expecting it to be so tart, and sweet. Just really put me off. Not to mention it cost me like 6.00

• Minion

ORDDU: Orwen and I got ours without the mango passion fruit topping because we don't care for that. We ended up with just the apple and marshmallow part and it was okay. We wouldn't say GREAT but we didn't dislike it either. So we're somewhere in between the two voting choices.

ORGOCH: As fer me, I don't waste my time on drinkin' nothin' but witches brew. Once ya had that nothin' else comes close ta bein' satisfac'try!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

if it's like the red apple freeze then I love it. Very sweet and very intense. I couldn't finish the rest at the bottom of the cup so I threw away the rest. I compare the intense taste to that of a Pinapple dole whip float. Why too much sweet and intense tartness after awhile, not so bad the first few sips or so.

I expect this drink to be the same. I'll pass on the foam when I get one.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Inappropriate

If it's like Red's Apple Freeze, then I love it. It instantly shot up the ranks of my "Must-Have Disney Treats."

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If New Fantasyland is open on Sunday, I'll maybe give this a try. I hate butterscotch, so I've never had butterbeer over in Potterland (I have, however, tried the pumpkin juice and found it to be WAY too sweet, and I normally love ANYTHING pumpkin, and I dumped the remainder of the bottle after 3 or 4 sips - kept the bottle as a souvenir though).

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Well, I was lucky enough to find my way into New Fantasyland on either the first or second day they were lettin' folks in...when I reached that little town, just a quiet village, I had to wander into Gaston's Tavern...and I had to have a mug filled with Le Fou's Brew. I found it absolutely wonderful! A delicious delight! And let me say that when I am in Hogsmeade, which is quite frequently, I love both Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice. The folks at the Three Broomsticks recognize me now because...well...I absolutely love the place and eat there whenever I can...the whole world has fallen in love with Butterbeer. And, I would go so far as to predict that, when folks find themselves in the enchanted place that is New Fantasyland...they will frequently stop by Gaston's Tavern to enjoy yet another LeFou's Brew! That certainly is my plan. Understand that I am not just a Harry Potter fan, I am a rabid Harry Potter fan and Hogsmeade is absolutely incredible in my not so humble opinion. But, you know what, New Fantasyland has brought an incredible amount of new wonder, enchantment, and delight to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom...and LeFou's Brew is a part of that! I just voted in this poll and I noted that 80% of folks are agreeing with me that LeFou's Brew is a spectacular success and will do nothing but GROW in popularity in the weeks, months, and years to come! It has to be experienced to be understood...new Fantasyland is truly a place worth visiting again and again and again. So...my plan is half day in Hogsmeade and half day at Disney. When you are an Annual Pass Holder at both places you can do that...life is good. Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• World Traveler

I enjoyed it. It was very sweet though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I tried it again, hoping that I was wrong, and that I could apologize to you all.

Sadly it just REALLY isn't my cup of tea... or cup of brew.

Just so tart, and spicey, and nasty to me! lol

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

One thing about LeFou's Brew that could be corrected, of course, is the price. Ten dollars for a collector's mug full of the stuff...or $5 for just the stuff in an ordinary cup...well...that just plain costs too much! But "hey, they're tourists...what do they know?"

To be honest...to this ol' timer...everything these days costs too much. Everything.

So...if I were to run across the stuff at the neighborhood grocery store I would, by my very nature, avoid it. However, being deep in an enchanted forest celebrating a truly magical place...and a delightful story...I found myself reaching for my wallet, spending the money and truly enjoying the treat.

I believe places like Hogsmeade and, now, New Fantasyland do cast an enchanted spell over those of us who are lucky enough to visit. And, when we are there, in these enchanted places we realize that in the choice between having money and having a wonderful, magical, delightful, enchanted experience...money doesn't stand a chance!

Not everyone will have a taste for Butterbeer or LeFou's brew...but most of us do. Those who don't are unique individuals...nothing like the rest of us...very different from the rest of us...kinda like Belle I suppose.

Disney will make a ton of money off this enchanted beverage...there is no doubt about that. As I set here in front of my laptop, far, far away from the Magic Kingdom...I wonder why I spent $10 for a mug filled with frozen anything. But, I also know, that next time I find myself in Belle's village...once again...money will be no object...and I will be sipping on LeFou's brew once again...and thoroughly enjoying it! Ahhhh...such is the power of magic, wonder, enchantment... Disney knew this...that's why they spared no expense in building this $500,000,000 expansion of Fantasyland...they knew that if they built it, the people would come...lot's and lots and lots of people...all of whom could do with a little more wonder and magic and enchantment in their lives...

I try not to think too much about the amount of money I spend when I'm lost in Disney's enchanted forest...I think about it later...and start saving up immediately...as much as I can...so that one day real soon I can return. Once you walk through those tunnels you leave the real world behind.

Given the choice between the real world and a kingdom filled with magic...wonder... enchantment... beauty...and delight...Disney knows the preferences of the vast majority of us.

And I believe we NEED to escape the commonplace in this ol' world far more often than we would like to admit. I believe in magic...and LeFou's Brew, and Butterbeer, and Pumpkin Juice are all a part of that...

Did you know that it costs over $10 for a half pound box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans over at Honeydukes in Hogsmeade? I just had some...can't wait to find that "ear wax" one Professor Dumbledore found that day long, long ago...remember?

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 10-25-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Thrill Seeker

I would like an "eh, its ok" option. That would have been my vote. To me it just tasted like apple cider - not quite worth the cost but ya, I would buy it again. So I suppose I am the nail WDW is trying to hit on the head.

• Beans are Evil

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    If New Fantasyland is open on Sunday, I'll maybe give this a try. I hate butterscotch, so I've never had butterbeer over in Potterland (I have, however, tried the pumpkin juice and found it to be WAY too sweet, and I normally love ANYTHING pumpkin, and I dumped the remainder of the bottle after 3 or 4 sips - kept the bottle as a souvenir though).
    I absolutely HATE butterscotch so I was apprehensive about trying the Butterbeer.

Ended up being pleasantly surprised. It appears to be just Cream Soda with Whipped Cream on top and is very tasty

Of course that makes it even more of a ripoff, since it is probably about $1.50 worth of Soda and Whipped Cream.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast