• Suspended

Fantasyland Construction nearly complete; green light for AvatarLand construction?

By now, we're all aware of Disney's pitch for the new Avatar Land, along with all the rumors that have come with it. Some say it has been laid to rest, others claim it is proceeding full speed ahead. An update has appeared on Screamscape that seems to support the latter claim, much to the dismay of Disney diehards everywhere. It comes as no surprise that after the completion of the Fantasyland expansion, Disney would be ready to tackle their next project. Could this be it? While some are merely disappointed with this idea, others are divided and poised for battle. I gotta say, though, that I am on the fence about this one. On one hand, I'm ecstatic to see the lush world of Pandora brought to life, especially when you consider the technological advances that could possibly be implemented in such an environment (imagine everything glowing at night!). On the other, I feel that while its message of environmental conservation does tie in with the overall concept of AK, I really don't think it belongs there. While I agree that AK could use some love, I'm currently unsure whether this is the best direction to go in. How do you guys feel about it?

The update is approximately halfway down the page: WDW - Animal Kingdom

• Insomniac

Re: Fantasyland Construction nearly complete; green light for AvatarLand construction

It's a dumb idea... That is all.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Re: Fantasyland Construction nearly complete; green light for AvatarLand construction

I heard that something is probably going to be announced for DHS. Hopefully if they do that, they can lay off of that Avitarland and hope everyone forgets about it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Suspended

It will probably be a carbon copy of Carsland.

• Minion

agreed disney twins, hopefully they lay off avatar and focus on DHS. Finishing pixar studios would be my number 1 goal there and as long as its not carsland 2 ill be very happy. also get in on the muppet land while the muppets are still on a climax from their movie!

• Heavy Breather

Here's a good idea, fix Future World before doing anything to AK. Make a land based of the highest grossing film of all time. Pfft, great logic TDO.
    Great logic.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Drunktard

You know what. I've been lurking for a while and if I gotsta say that if multiple trips to Afghanistan and driving down Paradise has taught me anything is that Avatar is complete overrated bunk. If I ever get to visit Florida I hope to not see that as a land. Big blue things that use their ponytails to do unmentionable things is plain creepy. I would rather take my boy Zeke to see a Fern Gully based attraction in the Animal Kingdom rather than the blu alien movie.
    I drinks. A lot...

• Jedi Knight

Let's just pull the plug on Avatarland and call it a day.