Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So now what...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

So now what...

With Fantasyland near complete (minus the mine coaster) and Test Track opening on December 6th.

The question begs, what will we obsess about now? Ground has not broken yet on Avatar Land, and the Mine train will soon be enclosed, and only exterior work will be noticeable. So what should debate about?

Now I do hope that the Rattouille ride gets underway at Epcot, or something happens at DHS for us to debate.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Re: So now what...

I will second the rattoulle ride in epcot would be amazing. I also would love to see a major expansion of the HS. That park is in need of the most help and in my oppinion more attractions. I would love to see them put in a new and original land into the park as well as add attractions to existing areas. Personally I think the Avitar land would fit better in the Hollywood studios than in Animal Kingdom. That would make room for the Beastly kingdom to get added there.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

The big rumor that has come up lately is that DHS will recieve a California Adventure-style makeover, including some version of Cars Land, in order to tide us over until Avatar is fully complete.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

the removal of the DHS hat, Fantasmic MAJOR upgrade, new musical to replace Beauty and the Beast, the addition of CarsLand with "new" attractions and rides NOT like the DCA version, I suspect Radiator Springs will be built but on a larger wider scale since the DCA is so small and compact, i think so anyways. and lets throw in a new country for Epcot.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

ive said it before and ill say it again, adding cars land to dhs would be almost as big of a mistake as putting avatar land in animal kingdom. these are just things we should not see at wdw for so many reasons and i could think of dozens of other ideas far better overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    new musical to replace Beauty and the Beast,
    Don't forget the rumor of a replacement for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I think this thread is supposed to be playing coy... instead of listing the things I know Eric is aware of.

We have tons of rumors of what is going to happen to DHS...
    .. removal of LMA
    .. change out of BatB show
    .. removal of VotLM (replaced by Phinius and Ferb)
    .. removal/alternation of BackLot and parts of Streets of NY for Cars Land
    .. addition of RSR and Cars land

Then Animal Kingdom
    ... closing of existing FotLK location
    ... new theater in Africa for FotLK and now potentially street version of show to be in the interim
    ... Avatar speculation

Then EPCOT
    ... what Test Track really looks like and if its an improvement
    ... rumors of the Rat maybe coming to France
    ... what the new character spot refurb may come out like

Then MK
    ... the restrooms
    ... Snow White Ride
    ... what the new M&G location may turn out like
    ... interactive queue in BTMRR

and then add on top of all of that, what FP+ will ultimately frame out as and all it's impacts..

Take your pick...
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I think this thread is supposed to be playing coy... instead of listing the things I know Eric is aware of.

We have tons of rumors of what is going to happen to DHS...
    .. removal of LMA
    .. change out of BatB show
    .. removal of VotLM (replaced by Phinius and Ferb)
    .. removal/alternation of BackLot and parts of Streets of NY for Cars Land
    .. addition of RSR and Cars land

Then Animal Kingdom
    ... closing of existing FotLK location
    ... new theater in Africa for FotLK and now potentially street version of show to be in the interim
    ... Avatar speculation

Then EPCOT
    ... what Test Track really looks like and if its an improvement
    ... rumors of the Rat maybe coming to France
    ... what the new character spot refurb may come out like

Then MK
    ... the restrooms
    ... Snow White Ride
    ... what the new M&G location may turn out like
    ... interactive queue in BTMRR

and then add on top of all of that, what FP+ will ultimately frame out as and all it's impacts..

Take your pick...
    Is there anything real behind the mouse going into France? I remember reading on Screamscape that they saw construction at the exit of Impressions of France AND that Disney was taking surveys from guest. I like Screamscape but boy does that web site bite easily. A) the Construction is know to be a new bakery, and Disney always is taking surveys. Most of the time at the front of the park but its not uncommon to do attraction specific survey and it does not have to mean they are going to update, rebuild, eliminate or other for said attraction.

• Nic

I'd hate for Cars Land to come to WDW, it should be kept unique to California, and doesn't have a solid location to place Radiator Springs.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

I don't go in the WDW section often so I don't know if this have been talked about. How much can TL expand? Can it expand to where Galaxy Palace Theater used to be or in between Space Mountain and CoP (over the water area) or north of Space Mt?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I created some maps showing where vacant land, and show buildings currently are

Vacant show buildings, vacant buildings, and attractions that need to be closed

I'm starting to get nervous that with each removal/replacement choice, they're alienating the 35 and over crowd. And considering that age is the core DVC owner, who visits and spends the most at the Resort, they might want to be careful or see an awful lot of timeshare unloading.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I'm starting to get nervous that with each removal/replacement choice, they're alienating the 35 and over crowd. And considering that age is the core DVC owner, who visits and spends the most at the Resort, they might want to be careful or see an awful lot of timeshare unloading.
    That is actually a really good point.

But honestly, I feel that it is pure laziness and greed... if you have an EMPTY show building, a building that is ready for an attraction to be installed inside of it, with no prep work (Germany and Japan) and you do not put anything in there for 25 years... that to me is just sad sad sad.

You would think with cost sensitive TDO would gladly fill those attraction slots first as they would require no demo work, no building construction, simply an installation, and some signage, and it would be good to go!

• Metro-Retro Historian

There's also the Big Thunder Mountain interactive queue and the ever present carrot of Future World getting a cosmetic once over to hopefully take care of all that late 90s clutter.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

I agree Cars Land would be a mistake over at DHS, because the same ride system is over at EPCOT receiving a make-over. Keeping it exclusively at DCA will ensure that park's uniqueness, and fits well with the California Theme. Putting a Marvel World into DHS would make more sense. Avatar fits nicely into Animal Kingdom and will give that park a real boost. EPCOT could use a new country and Ratatoulle ride would fit well at the France pavilion. Magic Kingdom just got a new Fantasyland so they're probably good for now..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast