Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Suspended

Re: Avatar Plans Leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    WTF where is the Tron Lightcycle like ride that was planned? That was supposed to be the major e-ticket and Cameron was very excited about it. It was going to use the same ride tech as the Tron ride going to Shanghai
    This. Avatar is okay and all, but I really wanted to see this happen.

• Insomniac

Am I the only one who isn't suprised that all Avatar Land is is Soarin'+? Its truly sad, but not surprising. I assumed when they announced it that it would have a similar ride system as Soarin'. I hoped for more, but then again this is TDO we are talking about.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Inappropriate

Ugh. My one and only hope for this land was that it wouldn't have a simulator because I really wanted WDI to stretch and prove what kind of epic work they can do. Aaaaaaand the whole land is centered around a giant simulator. I. Am. Disappoint.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't suprised that all Avatar Land is is Soarin'+? Its truly sad, but not surprising. I assumed when they announced it that it would have a similar ride system as Soarin'. I hoped for more, but then again this is TDO we are talking about.
    lol and some people wondered why Ive been hating on this idea for so long, this is just part of the craptacular thats coming. why couldn't they have just continued on with the good thing they had going and built australia or north america as a new land?

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I'm not surprised. If it does happen I wonder how it would effect the huge lines at Soarin
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• HYDRA

ive got mixed thoughts here
    i like the idea of soarin + but i hope for more rides besides a boat ride the this
    i think star wars land would pull in more money at DHS
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Don't be fooled by the soarin comparison. It sounds like there might be a ride vehicle that moves with the screen. Not for sure but possible according to screamscape. My guess is that it's more like the BTTF or Simpsons ride. Time will tell.

Also, my guess is they learned their lesson with film based rides and this one will have several random scenes that will change so you don't get bored after 2 or 3 rides.
    Last edited by Truecoat; 10-26-2012 at 07:37 AM.

• HYDRA

ive thought that too
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    So their big E-ticket to rival the Harry Potter 3D flying simulator is an Avatar 3D flying simulator. Nothing like trying to top pigs with pigs.
    That's Disney Corp for you -- proving once again they won't do anything that hasn't been done before.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Why is everyone damning this thing already??? My few cents on this: 1. These are blueprints with zero context. You don't know whether they will use them or not. And of course blueprints will be unimpressive. It's just a floor plan for crying out loud. ????? 2. Wait for concept art if you want to get a sense of what they are really doing. 3. It's not going to be a Soarin' clone. There's no way James Cameron would write off on that. 4. You have no clue about the ride system to make that assertion. 5. Something like Harry Potter wouldn't be all that bad. A riff off of that would probably be an amazing experience. I'm sure they'll do things to differentiate it from that ride. 6. The boat ride segment sounds a lot more exciting than people are giving it credit for. Don't people want classic Disney dark rides with AAs in them?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Cruise View Post
    Why is everyone damning this thing already??? My few cents on this: 1. These are blueprints with zero context. You don't know whether they will use them or not. And of course blueprints will be unimpressive. It's just a floor plan for crying out loud. ????? 2. Wait for concept art if you want to get a sense of what they are really doing. 3. It's not going to be a Soarin' clone. There's no way James Cameron would write off on that. 4. You have no clue about the ride system to make that assertion. 5. Something like Harry Potter wouldn't be all that bad. A riff off of that would probably be an amazing experience. I'm sure they'll do things to differentiate it from that ride. 6. The boat ride segment sounds a lot more exciting than people are giving it credit for. Don't people want classic Disney dark rides with AAs in them?
    The concept is what people have had the original problem with, Avatar does not belong in Animal kingdom its addition is absurd to begin with. Obviously if the concept shouldn't even be there in the first place people are going to view things through a negative light. there are so many far more worthwhile concepts to put into AK doing this addition really hurts the park as a whole.

I don't think anyone knows what the heck they're looking at. This is exactly why they don't release it to the public.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
    • Minion

LOL at judging Blueprints we have no idea what we are looking at or how it will be used. The story of Avatar actually fits in the animal kingdom if you think about how the Navi respect nature and it's prescense surrounding it. This is more or less the message AK trys to deliver. There is a lot of potential here and I can't wait to see it. This area will be waaaaaaaay better than Dinoland USA. Seeing pandora in real life should be nothing short of amazing IMO.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    That's Disney Corp for you -- proving once again they won't do anything that hasn't been done before.
    THIS.

Gettin' real sick of that stuff from Disney. Oh, a similar ride vehicle to _____, but our queue is interactive!! : D ugh...

Something original would have been nice.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    LOL at judging Blueprints we have no idea what we are looking at or how it will be used. The story of Avatar actually fits in the animal kingdom if you think about how the Navi respect nature and it's prescense surrounding it. This is more or less the message AK trys to deliver. There is a lot of potential here and I can't wait to see it. This area will be waaaaaaaay better than Dinoland USA. Seeing pandora in real life should be nothing short of amazing IMO.
    lol its also a little more or less a bunch of blue aliens that have ponytail sex on a far off planet that is being invaded by highly advanced humans that have developed cyborg replicas to infiltrate their culture. yep that reallly fits in Disney's tribute to the planet earth, its flora and fauna, and their preservation. No matter how you attempt to justify it this doesn't belong in the park and again will be a detriment to the phenomenal theme they have developed there. dino land usa is far more thematically relevant then Avatar could ever be regardless of your likes or dislikes of what is actually there. they could have done just as great a job creating many far more relevant additions like say australia.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast