Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Avatar Plans Leaked

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    again an extreme and facetious argument as I said before lol i think I've made that rather clear, regardless of how much you want to try and hammer away at it.
    You're missing the point of where this argument is going.

I did not say ALL his sequels are better than the original Shall I go back to my original quote?
    He does sequels very well.
    I also said this about Pirahna
    I would not hold it against him.
    I find it amazing that you would hold Aliens and Terminator 2 against him. These sequels are quite superior to the originals, but you think somehow Avatar 2 - 4 will be disappointments with the movies and experience that James Cameron has delivered. Go ahead, make the argument based on... "pirhana 2"

considering he's only done 4 of them, 2 from the same franchise and the other 2 aren't even sequels of his own films.
    What? Carmeron has now done 4 sequels. Are you sure you know how many sequels he done? Previously, you claimed he did 3 sequels.

Nice for you to take my argument about the "limitations of film" to make a new strawman. Anyways, by extension, Avatar is now a classic. Just because Star Wars has a higher rating than Avatar does not mean Avatar is bad. Just because I say Star Wars is weak does not mean I think Star Wars is not a classic and it isn't good. You made your argument into Star Wars versus Avatar. WRONG.

The last paragraph is more nonsense. Oh well. I get the message. You love Star Wars and hate Avatar, while I think both are fine.
    Last edited by StevenW; 11-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    You're missing the point of where this argument is going.

I did not say ALL his sequels are better than the original Shall I go back to my original quote? I also said this about Pirahna I find it amazing that you would hold Aliens and Terminator 2 against him. These sequels are quite superior to the originals, but you think somehow Avatar 2 - 4 will be disappointments with the movies and experience that James Cameron has delivered. Go ahead, make the argument based on... "pirhana 2"

What? Carmeron has now done 4 sequels. Are you sure you know how many sequels he done? Previously, you claimed he did 3 sequels.

Nice for you to take my argument about the "limitations of film" to make a new strawman. Anyways, by extension, Avatar is now a classic. Just because Star Wars has a higher rating than Avatar does not mean Avatar is bad. Just because I say Star Wars is weak does not mean I think Star Wars is not a classic and it isn't good. You made your argument into Star Wars versus Avatar. WRONG.

The last paragraph is more nonsense. Oh well. I get the message. You love Star Wars and hate Avatar, while I think both are fine.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree here, you have taken much of what I have said out of context and have used several rather absurd arguments, some of which appearing out of thin air. this barely deserves generating a response to with the absurdities brought about from what are not my words nor their intentions. none the less it is tiresome to go over the same points again and again and as seen from other posters here it is tiresome to rehash why this should or should not exist because its going to come anyways apparently. So at this point I refer back to my previous arguments as to why it should not be there and retain my wait and see attitude. Again hopefully Disney bests my expectations and makes me set aside my principles for this land but from the best information known at this point and previous experiences i don't see them doing so.

• Banned User

I refer you back to MY POST # 68 and start over.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I refer you back to MY POST # 68 and start over.
    hence the saying agree to disagree, neither of us will convince the other of either side. that much is apparent so move on.

Bringing the discussion back on track (@pizzapants) I don't know if I'm that much more enthusiastic after what was shown on screamscape considering a) the sites reputation and b) its not that much more detail IMO then what was given in the OP's drawings. consider me skeptical still until further notice.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

and now it is time to close the thread! lol
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

It will be a very well-executed land that I have no interest in.

It just does not interest me. It is the same for me with certain genres of film. Take Lord of the Rings, for example: beautifully filmed, fantastic art direction, superb acting - it is truly genius, but the whole franchise doesn't do ANYTHING for me. So Avatar, to me, is just something I will visit and say, WOW! What a great job they did of creating something I have ZERO interest in!

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by traumwelt View Post

It just does not interest me. It is the same for me with certain genres of film. Take Lord of the Rings, for example: beautifully filmed, fantastic art direction, superb acting - it is truly genius, but the whole franchise doesn't do ANYTHING for me. So Avatar, to me, is just something I will visit and say, WOW! What a great job they did of creating something I have ZERO interest in!
    That's the main reason why I think this Avatar deal makes no sense at all. I don't think many DisneyPark fans are interested in it.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by traumwelt View Post

I feel the same way about Cars, and Harry Potter, and Jurassic Park. All of them are done well but do nothing for me. Well, walking through the Jurassic Park gate was kind of cool, but it sort of peaks there. This is exactly why I think building an entire land around a single film property is a enormously bad idea. While it is great for the fans of those films you lose the interest of the non-fans almost immediately.

This is the same reason I think a Star Wars Land is also a bad idea. Lucas Land is fine, though I think Action/Adventure Film land or On Location land are even better. With land themes you really want to paint with very broad strokes. It also gives you some wiggle room for future expansion, which is especially important when theming to film. There's always going to be another blockbuster and you want to be able to fit it in as naturally as possible without having to rebuild an entire section of your park. It just amazes me how much making big money now can completely shut down their ability to consider the long term.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• We'll hold them at bay

You can't say Avatar is classic. You have to wait awhile before you can make that conclusion. Personally I doubt it will be
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    That's the main reason why I think this Avatar deal makes no sense at all. I don't think many DisneyPark fans are interested in it.
    Exactly.

I think some fans may be interested, but most really do not seem to conect with this film in a way that, to me, warrants the construction of a themed land. I would really, really, really like to see something totally original.

What has happened to the Disney I knew as a kid? Those days are gone.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    It just amazes me how much making big money now can completely shut down their ability to consider the long term.
    Disney doesn't need to think about the long term to make oodles of money. They only need to buy or license whatever brand is currently hot, slap mouse ears on it, and market it. Disney is all about branding. As Neal Gabler wrote in the L.A. Times:

"Disney is betting that in this post-modernist entertainment culture, audiences care more about the name 'Marvel' or 'Star Wars' than about the actual movies or TV shows or video games to which those names are attached....

It used to be that the movie created the brand, which is exactly how George Lucas built his empire. Now the brand creates the movie. And it used to be that all the merchandise was ancillary to the movie. Now the movie is ancillary to the merchandise. The holy grail of Hollywood has always been trying to find a way to make movies that sell themselves without the movies necessarily having to be any good. With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm, Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need imagination or art. All you need is a brand."
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

So over a year ago we discussed that Avatar might be canceled

Even though executives have defended it. I think these leaked plans, and internal politics, and James Cameron's demands for show pushing quality have doomed this project.

Thoughts?
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

I don't think it's happening. It's another Hyperion Warf.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Team Hail HYDRA

i really want to know about the ride system

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Minion

Would be sad if the reason was James Cameron was pushing show quality. The park needs something big for it. Even if they don't do Avatar do any of us think they will use that money elsewhere and make it awesome?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast