Tip for those attending the Halloween Party

Hello everyone,

This tip comes a bit late in the season since Halloween is right around the corner, but I attended MNSSHP at the Magic Kingdom last week, and I have a tip: eat dinner before you get to the park. A lot of the restaurants closed by the time the party started, so the few that were open were VERY crowded and had VERY slow service. I spent a good 20 minutes of my evening waiting in line at Cosmic Ray's. I wouldn't call this a complaint - all the servers were very apologetic and seemed to be doing their best, it was just an impossible situation because the park shut down too many of the restaurants for the party. If I attend that event in the future, I will definitely plan on eating a big meal outside of the park in the early evening! I wonder if this is also the case during the Christmas party and other events like that?

That being said, I had a great time at the party, because there was a dress rehearsal for New Fantasyland in progress! I ended up skipping all the "Halloween" festivities so I could hang out in the Fantasyland Forest all night. It was delightful, and I can't wait to return in 2014 when the Seven Dwarves Mine Train opens!

PBandJ

• Suspended

Re: Tip for those attending the Halloween Party

Helpful tip We'll be attending MVMCP this year, so I'll be sure to tell everyone to load up on the grub before we get to the park just in case the same restaurant situation arises during the Christmas Party. I've always wanted to attend the Halloween Party. How was it this year? Got any pictures to show us? :P

Re: Tip for those attending the Halloween Party

Sorry, no pictures to share and I can't even really give an opinion about the party, because I kinda missed all the Halloween stuff (parade, fireworks, trick-or-treating). Once I saw that New Fantasyland was open, I decided to just hang out there the whole night. But I've been to the party in the past, and it is always really fun! It is my favorite parade (in fact, the only parade I will actually sit through), and it is always so fun to see everyone walking around in costumes. My only criticism of the fireworks and the parade is that the music for both of them is really annoying.