How does Water Parks Fun & More option work when you purchase no expiration?

Hi all!

I'm all set to be in Orlando next week (Hurray!). We have both sets of in-laws coming at various points, and the only confirmed theme park days are 1 in EPCOT and 1 at Islands of Adventure...although I think we'll get 2 or 3 more days in (both in-laws have limited mobility and are not giant theme park fans like us) at a park.

Anyhow, because of the uncertainty of how many days we can actually go, I am thinking of paying the extortion fee upcharge for no-expiration tickets and buying a 10 day pass. The question I have is how the Water Parks Fun & More option would work when you add no-expiration. I know you get up to 10 visits, but it's not clear whether those are time-bound. Could you still go to a Water Park even if your base 10 days are over? Is it 14 days from first use only? We are unlikely to go to a water park *this* visit, but I could definitely see going a few times on future trips, thus making it worth the $60--but that only makes sense if there is no expiration on the option as well as the base tickets.

Anybody bought one of these and know?

Thanks!

Brer Dan

Re: How does Water Parks Fun & More option work when you purchase no expiration?

If you purchase the non-expiration option it also applies to the the plus options. Even if the theme park days have been all used up the water parks or disney quest use still do not expire till the days have been all used up.

I always buy the 10 day non expiring pass and usually stretch its use out over about 3 years. I have not bought the plus option package in many years cause I still have left over days from an old pass I bought in '03 even though the theme park days have long ago been used up. Still have 2 days left not sure when we gonna use them.

Also I just found out that the water parks and more option now can be used for either of the two mini golf courses, Winter Summerland and Fantasia course as well as the Oak Trail Golf course. These were not options last time I check not sure when they became options. Though I am not sure that is the smartest use of the ticket since a round of mini golf if far less than a day at the water parks.

Re: How does Water Parks Fun & More option work when you purchase no expiration?

And adding on to the OP's question, can one add the plus options at a later date? I bought 10 day passes with no expiration several years ago, still have 7 days in the parks left, would like to add on water parks?

I don't know for certain about adding the water park option, but I am sure it wouldn't be a problem as long as the park days have not expired yet. You would need to see guest services about changing the ticket I really don't think it would be a problem. Though I am sure if they allowed you to you would have to pay the current rate for the add on instead of what you would have paid when the pass was originally purchased.

The shortest way to explain the no-expiration Water Parks and More is that you get the same number of admissions as there are days on the pass. So, if you buy a 10-Day no-expiration pass, you get 10 admissions to Water Parks and More venues.

The 10 admissions are just basic admissions. They aren't "days", and there isn't park-hopping between the Water Parks and More venues. If you go to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning and DisneyQuest at night on the same day, that's two admissions used. But they don't expire on a no-expiration pass, so you get all 10 Water Parks and More admissions even if the 10 days of the pass have been used.

Quote Originally Posted by BSusanJ View Post
    And adding on to the OP's question, can one add the plus options at a later date?
    You can add it to an existing pass, but only within the 14-day upgrade window. (That goes for any Magic Your Way pass - 14 days after first use, you're locked in.) So if it's been a few years since you bought the multi-day pass, it's too late now.