• Misses WDW

Sad First time staying offsite...What have I done??

Hey Gang-

After a 3 year hiatus, we were able to secure a last minute trip this Dec 1-8.
    Part of how this all went down is a friend sold us their timeshare week for cheap.
    We will be staying at Calypso Cay. Does anyone have any experience with that place? I've read a mix of great and horrible reviews, so I'm not quite sure what to think.

My biggest concern is that their shuttle "service" leaves @ 855a & drops off @ Epcot only.
    I know that I can monorail it to TTC to get elsewhere, but do they have other park buses @ Epcot as well?

Trying to keep this trip as low a cost as possible, but I'm wondering if we should rent a car or cab it to Epcot/TTC on DAK day to make sure we can get there early.

Last question for y'all, Can anyone recommend a good affordable airport>timeshare shuttle/car service? There are a lot of options out there and we are kinda overwhelmed. Already miss the perks of staying on property!

Re: First time staying offsite...What have I done??

There are busses to and from other parks at Epcot. To get to the Magic Kingdom, you can take the Monorail. To get to other parks, you can take the bus. If you plan on using taxis, you might as well rent a car since taxis are quite expensive.

Going from park to park is quite easy without a car.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    There are busses to and from other parks at Epcot. To get to the Magic Kingdom, you can take the Monorail. To get to other parks, you can take the bus. If you plan on using taxis, you might as well rent a car since taxis are quite expensive.

Going from park to park is quite easy without a car.
    I agree...rent a car...its easier and cheaper in the long run.
    For the love of Disney....

Renting a car would save you from getting a shuttle to and from the airport, and would give you the option of getting some meals off-site, which could save you some $$. And what happens if you sleep in one morning and miss the 8:55am shuttle?!

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pard,

Well, in general, staying off property makes good financial sense...if you stay in the right place you can save TONS of money! Not only on lodging, but on food. Those savings alone can justify a rental car for a thing called Freedom...and a thing called saving TONS of time.

Within 5 miles of Walt Disney World there are clean, fresh, delightful places to stay...places with microwaves, and refrigerators, and WI-FI, and pools...places where you can stay for a WHOLE WEEK for less than you would pay for one night on property.

Now...if you buy an annual pass you can save on parking as well...$14 a day adds up...in seven days to park you've spent $98...Annual Passholders park for free.

If you plan to visit Disney World more than once in a year's time...an Annual Pass is the smartest way to go. More vacation...less cost.

What have you done...staying offsite? Well, you've taken a major step towards saving a
    considerable amount of money...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Not here to help

I would NEVER EVER stay on Disney grounds in WDW. Rent a car and stay outside. That´s how I get money over to see the rest of the resorts around the world. But that´s just crazy old me....
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Rent a car. The cabs will cost you as much money (if not more) than car rentals. Staying off property saves tons of $$, for one you don't have to eat in the parks. Search the internet for car rentals. You can usually get a good deal on one.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ