Thread: Finally going!!

Finally going!!

Hi everyone!! I had originally planned a trip to WDW this summer but was in the middle of searching for a teaching position so with 15 applications out we decided to postpone. Well we finally booked our trip for December 27th-January 6th! I am so excited! I have made reservations at restaraunts and have my daughter's Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment made. . . now its just a waiting game! I used EASYWDW to plan which days would be spent in which parks. I know it will be a busy time of year but being a teacher I do not really have much of a choice other than to go during the busy times. We will be spending 2 days in each park, but only 1 in Animal Kingdom. We will also have a day off to rest or possibly go to Islands of Adventure but we are going to play that by ear. I am so stinking excited I can hardly stand it!!! Does anyone have any tips or must sees?

• formerly very helpful

Re: Finally going!!

Congrats on your first trip! WDW is awesome and you'll have a blast! My advice is just to try and play it by ear and be flexible. Also, WDW is like a really rich dessert. If you try to eat it all too fast, you won't be feeling too good. Pace yourselves, and leave more for your next trip.
    And post many pictures here!

Re: Finally going!!

There is far too much to see to fit it into one trip (or even 8 trips, which is how many I've taken), so i agree with sbk -- pace yourself and do what you can. Don't be surprised if you feel the need for more rest than you've planned for. Don't feel guilty about taking an extra day (or half-day) off to stay at the hotel and nap! Even WDW can be an unhappy place if even just one family member gets tired and cranky.