• is in Antarctica

Re: Walt Disney World Attendance Down for 2012

May I recommend you spend a day at Universal Studios and Seaworld
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    May I recommend you spend a day at Universal Studios and Seaworld
    Already paid for the golf :-( and it's alot more relaxing for us because July 4th weekend in a theme park always = lines longer than Rapunsel's hair...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I understand what you're saying, ORD84, duckling. But if you don't go to the Magic Kingdom you won't get to see Rapunzel's hair--and she's been washing and brushing it all this time just for you!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Already paid for the golf :-( and it's alot more relaxing for us because July 4th weekend in a theme park always = lines longer than Rapunsel's hair...
    i agree that there are a lot of things outside the parks. Sally they keep reducing all those activities. So much of the resort specific entertainment has been cut in the past 10 years

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Current Disney management logic: Attendance in down so we must raise prices to offset the reduction in income caused by decreasing attendance.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Metro-Retro Historian

While I was putting together the numbers for my last post I started to wonder if the prices were inflated in order for marketing to offer "discount packages" that bring everything back down to the price they expect people are willing to pay. The fake discount theory is good marketing because it makes people think they are getting a deal and also encourages them to book hastily under the guise of being a "limited time offer".

This is true with evening Extra Magic Hours that actually just closed all but one park early instead of keeping one open late. They try to trick guests into thinking they are getting more when they actually are getting less. Now that we have internets full of amateur archivists and historians, these tactics are becoming obvious to anyone willing to look into them. The great thing about having a hardcore fanbase is that they are loyal. The less great thing is that they are a lot harder to fool because they know everything.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Well, I understand what you're saying, ORD84, duckling. But if you don't go to the Magic Kingdom you won't get to see Rapunzel's hair--and she's been washing and brushing it all this time just for you!!

Yes but maybe she'll meet me outside the park for a round of golf seeing as she's been doing all that work just for me

i agree that there are a lot of things outside the parks. Sally they keep reducing all those activities. So much of the resort specific entertainment has been cut in the past 10 years
    And that's why I feel that soon WDW will lose it's resort title if it keeps going the way it's been, at least IMO if the only activities for me are dining, shopping, and theme parks then that's not a resort...mostly it's just a big fancy mall
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    And that's why I feel that soon WDW will lose it's resort title if it keeps going the way it's been, at least IMO if the only activities for me are dining, shopping, and theme parks then that's not a resort...mostly it's just a big fancy mall
    I don't mean to play stupid here... but what else would a resort have?
    Last edited by mess98; 11-12-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: error

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    Horseback riding
    Golf
    Sailing
    Canoeing
    Fishing
    Boating
    Water Skiing
    Swimming
    Fireside chats
    Outdoor Movies
    Hiking Trails
    Nature Train (long gone)
    Wind Surfing
    Paddle Boarding
    Hay Rides
    Pony Rides

And so much more

• Minion

Walt Disney World may not be my favorite resort but last time I was in the resort was 2007 since then I have not seen anything amazing to bring us back their unlike Disneyland Resort where they add something new every few years, I'm not trying to be biased but WDW got a new restaurant cool but not booking a trip right away, they also got The Little Mermaid ride, great but ridden it like 3 times already in DCA not booking a trip for that. Then theirs things like Test Track 2.0 ohh could be cool but not worth a whole trip. Plus they have the same parades and shows from the last time i was their in 2007. I see no need to book a trip back they need something super amazing to bring in crowds at least get new parades and shows then add at least 1-2 rides in each park. at this rate how long will we see the collapse of WDW, how has the management not seen something is wrong with their managing style. I know these number were before some of the new fantasy land opened but still. This is IMO and hopefully I didn't mean to miss with anyone's opinions.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Sometimes I wish WDW would hire me as a show manager for the parks and resorts, so I could let custodial, engineering, entertainment, F&B, and Merchandising know what to fix on a daily basis.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    You're such a troll.
    Let's not resort to this please. Disagree if you must, but name-calling is against the rules here. Thank you.

As for the article, it makes sense. I think the buzz about Cars Land paired with how social media is now has turned the entire world towards the original Disneyland and what they have to offer.

I've been telling folks for years that if you want the most Disney Imagineered ATTRACTIONS for your buck, you'll find it in CA.

WDW has a lot of great things to look at but repeat visits aren't as appealing when you have to park hop all over the place to maximize your day.

I think they definitely need to make each park a destination filled with as many things as Magic Kingdom. This is something they have never even addressed after opening each new park.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Under that tree again!

It's partly my fault. I've put off visiting to wait for the new FL to open. If my visitation pattern continued I would of gone twice in 2012, but instead are waiting to catch the end of the Holiday Season and start of offseason in January to get low crowds to see the new stuff.

Of course while doing this I've had a lot of fun at my alternative. Spending time in the new DCa.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think they definitely need to make each park a destination filled with as many things as Magic Kingdom. This is something they have never even addressed after opening each new park.
    I think that the Magic Kingdom never had enough rides personally. Disneyland has what 60 attractions. I personally think Magic Kingdom should have even more than Disneyland considering it is significantly bigger. And I think all the parks should have evolved to near Disneyland levels, but none ever have. Don't even get me started on EPCOT which seems to have fewer and fewer attractions as the decades roll on.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    IMO a Resort has basically what amounts to King Erics list...and they keep making the list shorter, it's like ALL they want you to do is go to the parks, and shop..

Horseback riding
    Golf
    Sailing
    Canoeing
    Fishing
    Boating
    Water Skiing
    Swimming
    Fireside chats
    Outdoor Movies
    Hiking Trails
    Nature Train (long gone)
    Wind Surfing
    Paddle Boarding
    Hay Rides
    Pony Rides

And so much more
    Now how many of these are still operated by Disney and NOT just on the property...we all know golf isn't which reminds me last Febuary my round was disturbed by the HOUSING PROJECT going on next door to half the holes on the course :frown: and yes that was once operated by Disney(georgeous courses that they have) and now is managed by the Palmer Group...

Even though the Palmer Group is a very premium brand, it's still disapointing that Disney said that the golf courses(which are usually packed btw) are not worth it....

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    I think that the Magic Kingdom never had enough rides personally. Disneyland has what 60 attractions. I personally think Magic Kingdom should have even more than Disneyland considering it is significantly bigger. And I think all the parks should have evolved to near Disneyland levels, but none ever have. Don't even get me started on EPCOT which seems to have fewer and fewer attractions as the decades roll on.
    I don't think that they need more rides persay but attractions as a whole, shows can be changed around(though they aren't it seems correct me if I'm wrong in my feeling that) as can parades, but rides are alittle harder to do...

I wonder if they realize if they give folks more stuff to do inside the parks and resort that their hotel stays, and park days will last longer and make TDO more money...
    -George S. Patton

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast