Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Walt Disney World Attendance Down for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I'm extremely skeptical all promised above if confirmed to be coming would be ready within a years time. most likely late 2014 seems more reasonable again if this is confirmed as i have not even heard an announcement from universal yet on the former.

as for star wars land i agree expanded star wars is coming but i have a very good feeling your going to see more or improved Indy in there as well, disney went after all lucas films not just star wars. i would also hope we see a muppets expansion too but thats looking less and less likely the further we get from the most recent film's release. still hoping.
    As someone who is at Universal Studios every week, let me tell you:

Transformers WILL be completed by 2013
    Springfiled will be completed by 2013/204
    Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express will be completed by late 2014/2015

This doesn't include the resort wide repainting, the tweaks to the Mummy Ride, how they just completely redid Spiderman, built a mini golf course, built Despicable Me the Ride, the new Sponge Bob Store Pants, the new parade, the new firework show (with intense infrastructure in the lagoon), and the construction of an 1800 room hotel. This is all going on at ONE TIME!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    As someone who is at Universal Studios every week, let me tell you:

Transformers WILL be completed by 2013
    Springfiled will be completed by 2013/204
    Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express will be completed by late 2014/2015

This doesn't include the resort wide repainting, the tweaks to the Mummy Ride, how they just completely redid Spiderman, built a mini golf course, built Despicable Me the Ride, the new Sponge Bob Store Pants, the new parade, the new firework show (with intense infrastructure in the lagoon), and the construction of an 1800 room hotel. This is all going on at ONE TIME!
    transformers being completed by 2013 would be SHOCKING, come on Eric the building doesn't even have a roof totally completed yet let alone a lot of the guts, walls, interior construction, ride system, testing and training, and thematics. thats more then a years worth of work if you look at past examples from universal and disney. construction will certainly be completed by 2013 but i don't see this opening to the public completely until, as a rough estimate, march break.

Springfield hasn't even been announced yet and the area suggested for its construction hasn't been demolished yet (heck if I'm not mistaken the international food and film festival is still serving food right now) along with the fact that we don't even know exactly what were getting there so i cant see how this could be completed in 2013. this seems like an addition similar to what Amityville used to be though so once construction begins it should go pretty fast. i could see this being done by late 2014 pre christmas.

Potter part 2 and the Hogwarts express are in the same situation as transformers, not enough has been done at this point to instill the confidence in me to believe these dates you suggest. its even worse so for this addition simply because there is a lot more detail IMO in this addition then there will be in transformers along with a larger space and multiple additions. no way i see this being completed entirely before mid summer/Christmas of 2015. it will be opened in parts though, not all at once. i expect the shops and basic exterior to open first, roughly around the time of Springfield, then the train roughly at the same time or shortly after and the attractions will come last (with gringots being the final piece) at the aforementioned total completion date.

I agree though Eric its very impressive what they're doing down in Orlando right now (don't forget the current citywalk expansion going on as well). Universal has certainly stepped up to the challenge and has thrown a couple of shocking punches Disney's way. whose to say if they are on the level of competing with the company yet but i think its undeniable that they are knocking on the door. as many have said hopefully Disney steps up as well to assert their dominance and it ushers in a golden era for us theme park enthusiasts however whats come from Disney thus far has not exactly been worthy of cheers. we will have to wait and see how this all turns out but its fairly safe to say any one of these additions trumps Avatar land for me, lets see what Disney does next.

• Minion

I'm extremely skeptical all promised above if confirmed to be coming would be ready within a years time. most likely late 2014 seems more reasonable again if this is confirmed as i have not even heard an announcement from universal yet on the former.

as for star wars land i agree expanded star wars is coming but i have a very good feeling your going to see more or improved Indy in there as well, disney went after all lucas films not just star wars. i would also hope we see a muppets expansion too but thats looking less and less likely the further we get from the most recent film's release. still hoping.
    All of that has been confirmed by Universal already, so believe it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

transformers being completed by 2013 would be SHOCKING, come on Eric the building doesn't even have a roof totally completed yet let alone a lot of the guts, walls, interior construction, ride system, testing and training, and thematics. thats more then a years worth of work if you look at past examples from universal and disney. construction will certainly be completed by 2013 but i don't see this opening to the public completely until, as a rough estimate, march break.

Springfield hasn't even been announced yet and the area suggested for its construction hasn't been demolished yet (heck if I'm not mistaken the international food and film festival is still serving food right now) along with the fact that we don't even know exactly what were getting there so i cant see how this could be completed in 2013. this seems like an addition similar to what Amityville used to be though so once construction begins it should go pretty fast. i could see this being done by late 2014 pre christmas.

Potter part 2 and the Hogwarts express are in the same situation as transformers, not enough has been done at this point to instill the confidence in me to believe these dates you suggest. its even worse so for this addition simply because there is a lot more detail IMO in this addition then there will be in transformers along with a larger space and multiple additions. no way i see this being completed entirely before mid summer/Christmas of 2015. it will be opened in parts though, not all at once. i expect the shops and basic exterior to open first, roughly around the time of Springfield, then the train roughly at the same time or shortly after and the attractions will come last (with gringots being the final piece) at the aforementioned total completion date.

I agree though Eric its very impressive what they're doing down in Orlando right now (don't forget the current citywalk expansion going on as well). Universal has certainly stepped up to the challenge and has thrown a couple of shocking punches Disney's way. whose to say if they are on the level of competing with the company yet but i think its undeniable that they are knocking on the door. as many have said hopefully Disney steps up as well to assert their dominance and it ushers in a golden era for us theme park enthusiasts however whats come from Disney thus far has not exactly been worthy of cheers. we will have to wait and see how this all turns out but its fairly safe to say any one of these additions trumps Avatar land for me, lets see what Disney does next.
    At the transformers press event that I was at in person, they announced summer 2013 for Transformers.m they are working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Back in July it was still a sound stage.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    At the transformers press event that I was at in person, they announced summer 2013 for Transformers.m they are working 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Back in July it was still a sound stage.
    original announcement dates get pushed back on a regular basis you know that, particularily on big time attractions with lots of moving parts. again i just don't see it being done in time, with what still needs to be done it would be again shocking. color me skeptical but thats the way i see it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

transformers being completed by 2013 would be SHOCKING
    Sorry goofy donald.. but you're way behind in the USF news it seems. Transformers is already announced as Summer 2013.. and the insiders say June.

Springfield.. the existing food service is already behind walls and construction should be getting going. Don't wait for an announcement.. Transformers was under construction for many months before UNI even acknowledged it. HP v2 just as long and still no announcements there. Springfield is rumored for 2013 as well..

Uni is flooring the gas pedal right now. Not content just to have buns in the oven to keep fans drooling but looking to pump out actual product and do so quickly.

Gringots already has track on site. Look at how long it took before the Seven Dwarves coaster got to that point.

And the attraction count being added, as well as new experiences dwarves the stuff even on the drawing board for WDW.. and UNI is actually in construction.

To say WDW has been flatfooted in all of this is an understatement. UNI is betting the bank on 2013-2015.

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 10:29 PM ----------

original announcement dates get pushed back on a regular basis you know that, particularily on big time attractions with lots of moving parts. again i just don't see it being done in time, with what still needs to be done it would be again shocking. color me skeptical but thats the way i see it.
    Prepared to be shocked then I guess Not sure why you think they would announce a timeframe without good belief they can hit it.. considering it's a clone they've already built twice.

Oh and permits are in for redoing Monster Cafe too.. with another new project.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I agree with Flynn... prepared to be shocked lol

Springfield hasn't even been announced yet and the area suggested for its construction hasn't been demolished yet (heck if I'm not mistaken the international food and film festival is still serving food right now) along with the fact that we don't even know exactly what were getting there so i cant see how this could be completed in 2013.
    Simpsons is full speed ahead. Here's a demolition pic of the IFFF straight from Mr. Eric Davis.

Name:  7814oph_-_112012-Photo-Nov-17,-8[1].jpg
Views: 186
Size:  71.7 KB

Also, Gringot's doesn't just have track on site, it has already had a piece or two installed. Visual proof if you look hard enough on the interweb.
    Last edited by Truecoat; 11-21-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Spelling

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    Also, Gringot's doesn't just have track on site, it has already had a piece or two installed. Visually proof if you look hard enough on the interweb.
    yep just came out today on OTPN, hard to keep up with the latest news when your a country away lol.

• Pilot EdForceOne

yep just came out today on OTPN, hard to keep up with the latest news when your a country away lol.
    if you are interested in UNI - orlandounited is really where the breaking stuff is.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    if you are interested in UNI - orlandounited is really where the breaking stuff is.
    will give it a look, thanks flynn!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

But you're the same continent!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by bigwig30 View Post
    Also, you have to ask if you are willing to visit Universal without staying at one of their three "Express Pass" hotels. Personally, I wouldn't, as that perk is just too good to pass up (despite it not being useful on any of the newer attractions). So, toss in $250/night for the Royal Pacific (the cheapest option, which includes onsite parking and a roll-away bed for my family of five) vs $160/night for Port Orleans Riverside (sleeps 5 + free parking) and suddenly things aren't so favorable. Sometimes you have to look at the whole package, not just tickets.

Please know that I am not trying to start another Disney vs Universal debate - dear God, no! - my only point is that if saving money is your main focus, neither company is much of a value these days.
    But on the flipside of that not everyone HAS to stay onsite. I've been to Universal Orlando 4 times. Never stayed on site. Likewise i've been to WDW 3 times and i've also never stayed on site. For $70 a night I have stayed at the Doubletree across from Universal. It was a very nice hotel and A short 12 minute walk and I was walking thru Citywalk. Something that could never happen at WDW (and another reason why I love the Disneyland Resort). I've also stayed at other nice hotels offsite around Universal and WDW for around $45 a night. Staying Onsite is not for everyone. Express is a nice perk but in all our times to the park we havn't had the need for it. So for me looking at the whole package as a family who does not stay on site Universal is STILL the better value. In my situtaion the largest cost for my family in regards to ANY trip wither it be Disney or Universal or a Cruise at out of Port Canaveral the largest hardest cost to swallow has been Airfare.

• Not here to help

WDW doesn't have anything new that is good enough. Storytelling with Belle... boooooring. It's just fair.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast