Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Johnny and Me!

Re: STARBUCKS to Replace Main Street Bakery

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    I'm not surprised that people are against the idea. However this is not the first time one place was replaced with another. People probably complained when Disney replaced the Upjohn Pharmacy at Disneyland and replace it with a clock shop. Most likely saying what we are here, "Another piece of Main Street ruined, now its just a big store." Well that's what little kids said when Disneyland first opened about Main Street. I'm not gonna count my chickens before they hatch, if the theme and signage is retained I won't have a problem with it. After all the Emporium expansions are by far worse than this.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA
    Couldn't have said it any better myself, sides Starbucks coffee is much better than Disney's is anyways..long as the theme remains accurate, service may improve with that name popping up..

Were'nt they opening a location somewhere else like adventureland or something and changing the logo to one of their older brown ones to keep the theme?

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    But why the name change?
    I didn't notice one, probably going to have a notation under the sign "Presented by Starbucks" or "Proudly serving Starbucks coffee" or something along those lines..

Edit: Looking at the picture they posted on the blog it looks like it'll say starbucks on the side or something slightly tasteful like they did at the Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical in CA

Last edited by ORD84; 11-11-2012 at 05:49 AM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

In the end I guess it doesn't matter. The parks are just becoming malls you pay to enter.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm totally for Starbucks finally coming to WDW. The stuff they currently try to pass off as coffee (NesCafe) is pure crap. Even the coffee at McDonald's is better. It'll be nice to finally be able to get a decent cup of coffee while at the Magic Kingdom. And I'm sure it'll be like what they did at DCA... offer the Starbucks drinks and some of their treats, but still have Main Street Bakery treats we all know and love as well.

Though I do wonder how this will affect the Joffrey's Coffee stands at Epcot because Joffrey's serves up some tasty iced coffee. I always stop and get an iced vanilla latte in World Showcase.

For now... just relax and try not to judge this until we see how these refurbs actually turn out.

In the end I guess it doesn't matter. The parks are just becoming malls you pay to enter.
    ughhh....
    For the love of Disney....

Disney has had sponsors since Walt. Not sure why this one in particular is bad.

They're replacing a coffee shop... with a coffee shop. I'm not sure how this turning it into a mall when the shop was there already in the first place.
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 11-11-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

folks should really get to experience a Tim Horton's at the canada pavilion and then they can know what a REAL cup of coffee tastes like not that starbucks crap.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

If we are going to have a 3rd part why not get some really extravagant unknown brand to come in.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Musical Fireman

If we are going to have a 3rd part why not get some really extravagant unknown brand to come in.
    I'm know for a fact that's what Walt wanted also. So that's why he hired Coca-Cola, Santa Fe R.R. and Carnation as sponsors.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Metro-Retro Historian

There are a couple things in the official blog article that make me okay with this.

In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite.
    The article refers to the Main Street Bakery and Fountain View as also becoming Starbucks locations but if the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical sets any precedent it looks like they will keep their names and being a Starbucks location just means that you can get Starbucks fare at these locations.

Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.

This one speaks for itself. The only thing in the article I didn't really like was that it said they would be getting Starbucks baked goods. I hope that is in addition to the regular Disney baked goods at the Main Street Bakery, but I have my doubts.

As long as the names and themes stay the same, and all signs indicate that they are, I don't have a problem with this.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Nerd.

I love THIS response. Thanks, Josh at EasyWDW.
    Last edited by tofubeast; 11-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    folks should really get to experience a Tim Horton's at the canada pavilion and then they can know what a REAL cup of coffee tastes like not that starbucks crap.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Tim's is so bad. McDonald's coffee is where it's at.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Tim's is so bad. McDonald's coffee is where it's at.
    not even a comparison, gotta go with tim's all day every day. cheaper and better quality

• Program

not even a comparison, gotta go with tim's all day every day. cheaper and better quality
    Suuuuure.

• Sasquatch

as another canadian i disagree...tims is disgusting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast