Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: STARBUCKS to Replace Main Street Bakery

Quote Originally Posted by quatchi View Post
    as another canadian i disagree...tims is disgusting.
    meh to each their own, i still get it every morning and will continue to do so, just not home without it.

I am sure they will integrate Starbucks like they did at DCA, and they did a wonderful job...Still the same baked goods with a nicely expanded coffee selection. Disney World has had terrible coffee for years... This will just make it better. They even came up with special retro logos to make Starbucks fit in better. If people want to complain about stuff, there are WAY more important things to complain about.

• Dreamer

Per the Disney Parks Blog

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

It's funny how Disney had to state the obvious just to keep people calm.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

As it sounds like not much is going to change except for the coffee and food offerings, why is it going to take 5-6 months for the change?
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Attachment 24951
    Is this Genevieve from Choo Choo Soul on Disney Channel??!?

• "What is thy bidding?"

I'd Like a cup of Joe Please

i think it's a terrible idea.

What's a terrible Idea? Replacing Nescafe with Starbucks coffee? or leaving the place in it's current theming?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Personally it is all about the themeing.. but heck, we now have machines embroidering names on hats on Main Street USA now, so I guess whatever.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

What got everyone undies in a knot was the phrase "will reopen as a Starbucks Location". Location was the word that threw everyone for a loop. Or I should say the misinterpretation of the word Location is what did it.

Quick Definition: Location does not mean ownership, it means, in this case, presence. Starbucks Coffee will be available there. You will be able to "locate" Starbucks coffee if you look inside the Main Street Bakery. That simple! The remodel is to expand and redesign the interior to accommodate more seating and place, theme and expand the equipment needed to have the selections that Starbucks offers.

The name is not changing and, in all likelihood, the pastries and most things that the "old" Bakery offered will still be there plus added items that are in the Starbucks inventory. Some have suggested that even that information about where you can find the Cinnamon Rolls really is just during the interim while the remodel happens. We shall see! It is pretty likely that the worst that will happen is a small sign, like the one used at DCA, will be on the outside of the building. They didn't just spend thousands of dollars to redo the facade only to tear it all out again. This has been a done deal for a long time now.

•   
    • Banned User

THANK YOU, Goofyernmost. Well said. A sane response.

It's not the end of the world, it's coffee for God's sake. They're just partnering with someone who had an established likeability with the public by majority. ( ...and before any of you Dunkin or Horton's guys can chime in, just don't. Starbucks size and sales indicate a popular brand that people go to because of a free market economy and free choice. It's not some evil marketing people hiding your 'vastly superior' swill while 'taking over the world.' I'm tired of hearing it. )

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    In the end I guess it doesn't matter. The parks are just becoming malls you pay to enter.
    Right, a mall I'll actually enjoy being in because now I have decent coffee.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post

Right, a mall I'll actually enjoy being in because now I have decent coffee.
    Ok I laughed at that.

Again, I guess I will "simmer down now" and wait and see, and as long as the themeing is great I won't complain.

There are 2 starbucks over at Universal Studios, and they are hardly noticeable.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Why do people worry about Starbucks and theming? Why not Dryers/Edy's which really didn't come into existence til the late 1920's. Yes Starbucks wasn't founded til the 1970's, but I have a feeling most people do not associate products served with the time period.
    Jeff Wayne

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Personally it is all about the themeing.. but heck, we now have machines embroidering names on hats on Main Street USA now, so I guess whatever.
    This bothers me a lot more than the coffee thing. Watching the person embroider your name on the hat was the best part. I decided not to get hats on my last trip down solely for this reason. The embroidery being done by a machine makes the whole experience rather pointless. It would be like having a machine cut out your silhouette or draw your caricature. They haven't done that yet have they?
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast