Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dreamer

Are dragons coming to New Fantasyland?

Might we see a dragon flying over New Fantasyland very soon? Gary Buchanan, social media managing editor from Disney, seems to be hinting at a dragon on a new Disney site that was created yesterday.

Perhaps those pics taken over the summer of a Dragon flying over CA might make its appearance at New Fantasyland, not AK as originally thought. When I head up to MK next month, I guess I will have to keep my eyes trained to the sky.

Re: Are dragons coming to New Fantasyland?

From the Disney Park Blog and the new Tumblr blog athttp://disneydragons.tumblr.com.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
    Might we see a dragon flying over New Fantasyland very soon? Gary Buchanan, social media managing editor from Disney, seems to be hinting at a dragon on a new Disney site that was created yesterday.

Perhaps those pics taken over the summer of a Dragon flying over CA might make its appearance at New Fantasyland, not AK as originally thought. When I head up to MK next month, I guess I will have to keep my eyes trained to the sky.
    it wouldn't fit with any of the additions from new fantasyland though. doesn't make a lot of sense when theres a dragon flying over beauty and the beast, little mermaid, snow white, or dumbo

The image on his screen looks to be a perfectly clear version of what is in the second video.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    it wouldn't fit with any of the additions from new fantasyland though. doesn't make a lot of sense when theres a dragon flying over beauty and the beast, little mermaid, snow white, or dumbo
    I know...but it still would be cool.
    For the love of Disney....

It would be an interesting effect and fascinating thing to see in the sky. I personally think it would be a cool sight to see while walking around that area. However, it doesn't really go with the theme as others have said. If it's seen in CA maybe it will stay there? Or maybe it's meant for another park?

The only Princess kind of connection a dragon may have is it being Maleficent, but would they do that?

• HYDRA

i remember hearing that the wanted a dragon in a cage in SDL but is disrespectful to there culture.maybe it will fly over the new park.....
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

I remember reading here they were testing the flying dragon in California as a possible prop for Animal Kingdom's proposed Avatar themed area?
    Of course, we would love to see Disneyland Paris' dragon in the castle dungeon be duplicated at the new Fantasyland, but given how Princesses-oriented the new offerings are, I would doubt we would see dragons in Fantasyland, but a Beast is a sure thing.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

May I remind you purests that the world of fantasy has often been known to include dragons of many sorts and kinds...however...given Disney's reluctance, sometimes, to even permit common, ordinary seagulls to fly within the parks it is doubtful that they would be receptive to fire breatheing dragons unless they could somehow be tamed...

I understand one got loose over at Hogsmeade, around Hogwarts Castle, and that it has been terrorizing Muggles over there for some time now. Hagrid, the Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts, was responsible for that I hear...some of us know that he has always had a particular fondness for the creatures...

But, as to dragons at Disney...I've heard of one fighting with Disney's biggest star somewhere's in the vicinity of Disney's Hollywood Studios and even out there on the Island inside Walt Disney's Disneyland out California way.

And...there have been rumors about dinosaurs walking around parts of the Animal Kingdom pulling carts...and, even in that park's very logo, the promise of fantasy creatures like dragons...

So...who knows exactly what you might see in the skies anywhere over Walt Disney World?

The imagination is a wonderful thing you know...and I believe that one day soon Walt Disney's imagineers might be just as guilty as Rubeus Hagrid as it relates to dragons...

Now, right next door to Eric's kingdom in the new Fantasyland is a place called France!
    And walk a little in the other direction and you might just see a whole herd of flying elephants! Don't be the least bit surprised if someone spots a dragon in a place called Fantasyland.

And, friends, that would be new for Fantasyland, would it not? ...and thus, to my way of thinkin' anyway, fit right in... We have all spotted a certain Pixie in the proximity of the highest parts of that castle, have we not? Tink was never in Cinderella you know...

Believe. Some day soon we will be spotting dragons and who knows what else in the skies above this fantastic place. It could happen today if you drink too much of Lefou's Brew I suppose... I've only had one mug, myself...it's downright delicious by the way...I would highly recommend it...
    you can only get it at Gaston's Tavern, a small place in a little town, a quiet village...that's just down the way from Ariel's Undersea Adventure...in the shadow of the Beast's castle...deep in the enchanted forest...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 11-17-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Little boys (and girls!) aren't going to be thinking about theming when they see a dragon fly across the sky!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Little boys (and girls!) aren't going to be thinking about theming when they see a dragon fly across the sky!
    i know its cool, I'm just saying if you've got the technology use it in the right places. i think it would be much better used in this new avatar land or possibly woven in to the fantasmic show or the magic memories and you show on the castle, how cool would that be!

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Obvious viral marketing is obvious
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• formerly very helpful

I don't think it will happen, but it would be awesome if this would signal the start of construction on a new Beastly Kingdom addition to Animal Kingdom.

But here's hoping.

• The Sea Monster Fangirl

California (20 minutes away from the happiest place on Earth)

Yes, PLEASE let it be the possibility of Beastly Kingdomme finally getting greenlit!

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerHappy View Post
    Yes, PLEASE let it be the possibility of Beastly Kingdomme finally getting greenlit!
    That would be awesome and actually possible. I'd be really impressed with Disney if they went the more original way than Avatar.

btw love your sig. Yuffie <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast