• Musical Fireman

If the Golden Horseshoe Revue is successful will they bring it to the Diamond?

In my opinion the return of the Golden Horseshoe Revue even for a limited run is by far the most important part of the Limited Time Magic promotion. Folks have been saying that if we sent in enough comment cards to City Hall TDA might make the show permanent. I know the chance of this is slim but it could happen. So if it does prove successful enough in Anaheim to be placed on a permanent basis, what are the chances they would bring the show to Orlando?

Think about it.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Minion

Re: If the Golden Horseshoe Revue is successful will they bring it to the Diamond?

ORDDU: Yes, duckling, it would be wonderful to have back shows at both the Golden Horseshoe and the Diamond Horseshoe.

ORWEN: I didn't know horses wore diamonds!?

ORGOCH: There ain't much ya DOES know so shut up!

ORDDU: (sigh) It was such a mistake for Disney management to ever take away these live performances from guests. It made both Frontierlands seem so much more alive and authentic to have them.

ORWEN: I always wanted to be a can-can girl, myself.

ORGOCH: Instead ya turned out ta be a cain't-cain't gal!

(Sounds of smashings and thrashings followed by a deadly calm....)

• Musical Fireman

Re: If the Golden Horseshoe Revue is successful will they bring it to the Diamond?

While there at it they can bring back the Revue's written for Tokyo's Diamond Horseshoe and Paris's Lucky Nugget saloon.

See ya walkin right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Well, you know that original Golden Horseshoe Revue played for over 30 years. I was lucky enough to see it more than once and I can tell ya...if they really do bring it back in it's original format with stars of equal talent it will, once again, be a spectacular and beloved success.

And yes, why on earth would they not bring it to the Diamond?

There will always be a special place in my heart for the memory of Betty Taylor, Wally Boag, those wonder Irish Tenors, and, of course, the can can dancers...and that amazing band in front of the stage. Both the Golden and the Diamond Horseshoes are places of incredible beauty...and that original show...well...it just don't get no better.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Musical Fireman

Wally Boag and Betty Taylor, two of the worlds great actors virtually unknown to anyone who didn't see them have left a imprint to those who have seen their performances. When they died the world lost two of the 20th centuries great stage personalities. Wouldn't be surprised if when Wally and Betty passed away they found each other and got together with Donald Novis and Fulton Burley and got right back to their old antics.

"THAT'S R

• Metro-Retro Historian

Other than the fact that actors typically like being paid and Disney typically doesn't like to spend money unless it has to, I don't know why these shows were ever shut down in the first place. I've never seen the show in person myself but from what I've seen of it on film it holds up extremely well for something over 50 years old.

I hope this is a test to see if the show can still draw a good enough audience to become permanent. I think it will work better at Disneyland because it does have such a large number of local regular visitors, but if word of how good the show is gets out I think it could find a permanent home in Florida too.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

the only reason i could see this show having an issue coming back is the fact that the hoopdee doo revue exists still. they are both somewhat similar theme wise and to a degree performance wise, the biggest difference between the two is that disney can charge separately at big prices for one while the other would be an "extra magic" included experience. its as simple as that in my opinion.

• formerly very helpful

The Magic Kingdom could always use more leggy can-can dancers.

• Musical Fireman

They could always were bloomers? However I say DOWN WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, IF KNOTT'S STILL GET'S AWAY WITH POINTING GUNS AT PEOPLE THEN WE CAN HAVE CAN CAN GIRLS.

"THAT'S R

• formerly very helpful

THIS is what Disneyland is all about!

(For the record, I didn't take this picture. Found it on line.)

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    THIS is what Disneyland is all about!

(For the record, I didn't take this picture. Found it on line.)
    Hey in my opinion and many others they are more attractive than the princesses and I wouldn't mind getting my picture with them. I just want to walk around Frontierland with my western tie and arm garters, though I might get thrown out because they'll claim I was dressing as some streetmosphere. Remember they sued a nursery because they had Disney Characters painted on the walls?

"THAT'S R

• former CM

If the Golden Horseshoe Revue is successful will they bring it to the Diamond?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    They could always were bloomers? However I say DOWN WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, IF KNOTT'S STILL GET'S AWAY WITH POINTING GUNS AT PEOPLE THEN WE CAN HAVE CAN CAN GIRLS.
    Knott's has can can WOMEN every summer as part of the saloon show.

To answer the question,
    If the Golden Horseshoe Review is successful, will they bring it to the Diamond?,

if Disney, an avaricious corporation, believes that Walt Disney World is loved
    unconditionally, then the answer is a big
    no.

Fortunately the dramatic increase in guests and $$$$$ at Universal Orlando after they built the magnificent Wizarding World of Harry Potter may have taught some at Disney that surpassing expectations can be rewarded. So maybe yes.

• Metro-Retro Historian

The thing that worries me is that Walt Disney World is the most conservative Disney property when it comes to political correctness and especially female cast member costumes. For those of you keeping score at home, Tokyo is the least conservative unless you don't count it because it's not really Disney, then the answer is California. Surprisingly, Paris is pretty conservative, though personally I think that has more to do with climate than culture.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

i think thats a major difference as a visitor in the parks, the prevalence and quality of little side attractions. these are purely examples of things that just make the experience a little better in the parks for guests but generate little to no actual direct revenue and we see universal give tons of examples of them while disney continues to cut or bring in worse performers then years past. its really sad to see since disney once excelled in this area.