Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • Minion

Re: New Fantasyland: Before of After the Events of 'Beauty and the Beast'?

I heard it happens in the back of MK in Orlando present day when you the person are there

• Mkcoastie

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Yes, and to continue this same subject matter, there are times when Ariel is seen in the parks with legs and other times she's seen as a mermaid. Guests are expected to realize the characters are constantly going backwards and forward in time depending on the themes of the shows, parades and various meet and greets involved. But that's not a bad thing. I believe most guests are able to handle the various differences.
    Yeah, Kind of like Rapunzel is always featured in the parks with long blond hair. She's out and about (and many times with her husband, Flynn) so one would think this was after the film.....yet no short brown hair. The obvious reason is that the long and blond Rapunzel is the iconic one (mush like the Beast is Iconic in his "Beast" form). So even though I believe New Fantasyland takes place after the movie, we still get iconic versions of the characters thus sacrificing continuity for familiarity. (he he, I guess Gaston is more iconic in his ummm.....not dead form). That being said. I want to meet short haired Rapunzel.....I liked her that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    I think it's weird that Maurice would create a music box "to celebrate the happy couple" by creating an image of the Beast as a beast (a form that he greatly disliked) and not as a human prince.
    I see what you’re saying, but I would imagine Beast is much less hostile to this form now that he is no longer doomed to remain in it forever. I think representing him in this way is more meaningful because its shows that belle fell in love with him because of who he is inside and whatnot. I think Beast can accept and appreciate the meaning behind that despite his dislike that version of him.
    Last edited by mkcoastie; 12-13-2012 at 06:16 AM.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Of course, Gaston's claim that he fell in love with Belle from the moment he saw her doesn't have to mean he met her as a toddler. You're assuming way to much unless you have proof as to exactly when he first saw her.

ORWEN: Yeah, let's not get carried away here.
    Do you Witches of Morva ever despair that people don't seem to believe in magic anymore? Whether Enchanted Tales with Belle takes places during or after Beauty and the Beast really shouldn't matter. Mostly because you walk through a magic portal. And you're magically transported there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12